Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:32:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Rest easy Bitcoin is a CIA NSA project - Gavin Bell gets a mention : D  (Read 1889 times)
digitalindustry (OP)

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2014, 07:22:41 AM
Last edit: August 11, 2014, 11:59:05 AM by digitalindustry

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/bitcoin-suspected-be-nsa-cia-project-1460439

speaks a little bit about the wierdo panicked way in which you guys on here deleted and duplicated that topic that time and "changed everyone opinion" - (which quasi proves a pretty big fault with the protocol that is yet to be found of course. )

LOLZ

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
digitalindustry (OP)

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2014, 11:59:42 AM

They didn't provide much evidence for this conspiracy theory did they.

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2014, 12:07:37 PM

There was a topic about this already I guess.
Isn't this the wrong section?
This theory is just bad. It's like someone didn't even try too much, just tried spreading some FUD.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
sinner

Activity: 615
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 12:20:59 PM

satoshi asks gavin to present to CIA in early 2011, then disappears.. wouldnt surprise me if this were true.
digitalindustry (OP)

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2014, 01:37:21 PM

satoshi asks gavin to present to CIA in early 2011, then disappears.. wouldnt surprise me if this were true.

there is a well known You Tube video of Gavin saying he was invited by In-Q-Tel and ended up in a meeting with the Head of CIA.

oh wait , did that happen? does that video still exist?

based on eye movement and facial expression Gavin is "Satoshi" or at least he done a fair amount of writing for him.

why hide it? so what? - if they weren't interested in this project someone's not doing their job.

But i think is was created independently either by the NSA/Google guys  (based off the 1996 white paper) just because no one specifically said they shouldn't do it.  (Lego land movie scenario)

there is such a huge crossover of employees from the NSA to Google, no one could track what project is being worked on, until constant flags (key words)

"Decentralized" "anarchist" "money" "crypto" "cryptography" "political" "Government" etc etc...

were likely turning up on say this forum and other forum, and always in reference to "Bitcoin"

so in 2011 (or whenever it was) - Gavin gets "called in"

rest is history.

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
minerjoen

Activity: 644

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 02:52:02 PM

there is a well known You Tube video of Gavin saying he was invited by In-Q-Tel and ended up in a meeting with the Head of CIA.

oh wait , did that happen? does that video still exist?

based on eye movement and facial expression Gavin is "Satoshi" or at least he done a fair amount of writing for him.

why hide it? so what? - if they weren't interested in this project someone's not doing their job.

But i think is was created independently either by the NSA/Google guys  (based off the 1996 white paper) just because no one specifically said they shouldn't do it.  (Lego land movie scenario)

there is such a huge crossover of employees from the NSA to Google, no one could track what project is being worked on, until constant flags (key words)

"Decentralized" "anarchist" "money" "crypto" "cryptography" "political" "Government" etc etc...

were likely turning up on say this forum and other forum, and always in reference to "Bitcoin"

so in 2011 (or whenever it was) - Gavin gets "called in"

rest is history.

The banks want 1 thing: bitcoin death.
The banks are so powerfull that they can release any news in the media they want, just in the hope bitcoin will die.

I dont believe a shit about this, because they all are playing under the same roof. For 100% this coin isn't an cia/nsa or any other bullshit company project.

Bitcoin: 1GPjrqoWGQfqyCEYnPhbA3nWN9dmMwFHRE
Elementrem: 0xF4789b95826C4474B3E7C780Fd90f639b51C4B6c
digitalindustry (OP)

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2014, 04:57:36 PM

ah i notice you ah , didn't read what i wrote, that's embarrassing for you ..

i didn't say it was "anyones project".

except for, of course maybe the original white paper authors , but they may or may not have had a hand in "coding" this protocol. (this project)

it was built in 1996 it was inevitable, and that's only what we know of so the NSA has to get credit where its due, did other nations have similar white papers  ?

who knows? does it matter?  not really.

will other nations be watching and learning from the live experiment?

yep - again does it matter? they could have conducted the experiment themselves.

Credit has to go to the first known white-paper and that is from the NSA and the authors.

as for "Banks" (Debt money) yes so what they want you as an "obedient worker" you are a "useless eater" and if you are not "paying tax" (giving your energy) you may as well be dead to them. that's the best way i can describe how i think that system works. (its a black hole) it probably wasn't always that way. but that's how it works now.

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
balanghai

Activity: 364
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 05:01:50 PM

Mysteries aren't supposed to be uncovered. So regardless of the facts presented it's a selling point for any mystery to stay as is.  Cheesy
indiemax

Activity: 722

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 05:44:01 PM

of course it's CIA and when they want to finish the project

dump the 'Satoshi Nakamoto' stash......sorted Grin
digitalindustry (OP)

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2014, 06:09:24 AM

of course it's CIA and when they want to finish the project

dump the 'Satoshi Nakamoto' stash......sorted Grin

all that would do is crash the price "value" and then Bitcoin would have to compete with all the other "Quality" crypto (i can think of about 10) and that's only what i know of. 

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
digitalindustry (OP)

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2014, 11:10:15 AM

lol why mod it now?  ha ha

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2014, 01:43:49 PM

While it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest that Satoshi would have links to an intelligence agency of some sort, the idea of Bitcoin being a purely CIA/NSA project just doesn't add up, not least of which because it's open source which is something that these people making the accusations totally ignore. Tor browser for instance was supposedly built by the American Navy at first and ended up being re-purposed but it's one of those things where you go "Why the fuck would an intelligence agency deliberately release something that completely undermines them and their government" the only thing I could think of is if it were some kind of person like Edward Snowden who got sick of them and decided it was time for some payback.

Like most of these 'conspiracy theorists' a lot of them like to represent these governments as big unstoppable forces that are out to destroy us and of course the only way we can fight them is by hanging onto every word that we say, while completely disregarding the fact that a lot of them are incapable of sending emails without fucking it up completely.
itsAj

Activity: 588

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 04:28:14 PM

While it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest that Satoshi would have links to an intelligence agency of some sort, the idea of Bitcoin being a purely CIA/NSA project just doesn't add up, not least of which because it's open source which is something that these people making the accusations totally ignore. Tor browser for instance was supposedly built by the American Navy at first and ended up being re-purposed but it's one of those things where you go "Why the fuck would an intelligence agency deliberately release something that completely undermines them and their government" the only thing I could think of is if it were some kind of person like Edward Snowden who got sick of them and decided it was time for some payback.

Like most of these 'conspiracy theorists' a lot of them like to represent these governments as big unstoppable forces that are out to destroy us and of course the only way we can fight them is by hanging onto every word that we say, while completely disregarding the fact that a lot of them are incapable of sending emails without fucking it up completely.
I don't think that TOR was actually re-purposed for it's current form. If my understanding is correct then TOR was created for the same purpose that it is used for today. One of it's purposes was to allow for the navy/government to communicate from behind enemy lines without detection. In order to do this, others must use TOR for other purposes.

I agree that BTC was likely not made by an intelligence agency but for different reasons. The fact that Bitcoin is open source does not affect the chances of it being the product of an intelligence agency. The fact that Bitcoin makes it very difficult to determine who sent a particular transaction or who a transaction was sent to would make me believe that it was not created by the NSA/CIA or the likes. If it was created by them then Bitcoin would only be making their job that much more difficult.
cccarnation

Activity: 146
Merit: 10

One Token to Move Anything Anywhere

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 11:24:39 PM

Bitcoiner's portray it as decentralised not centralised. And the whole article is FUD

illymoka

Activity: 133

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 11:40:27 PM

What a surprise. Mr "Cypress" is a retarded conspiracy theorist.
BittBurger

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 04:10:52 AM

I don't believe Satoshi ever requested that Gavin contact the CIA.  Gavin informed Satoshi that the CIA had contacted him.  After Gavin sent him that email, Satoshi no longer responded.  The implication is that he chose that moment to bail from the project, out of concern for being identified. 

-B-

Owner: "The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
View it on the Blockchain | Genesis Block Newspaper Copies
zedicus
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2014, 04:34:31 AM

It wouldn't surprise me if the CIA was behind bitcoin. Cryptocurrencies were inevitable. You might as well make the first move and control the system rather than trying to fight it down the track.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
R2D221

Activity: 658

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 04:36:07 AM

[...] You might as well make the first move and control the system rather than trying to fight it down the track.

It doesn't seem like CIA is controlling the Bitcoin system, does it?

An economy based on endless growth is unsustainable.
PalmerLaura

Activity: 116

IPSX: Distributed Network Layer

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 04:36:20 AM

its possible ..... dude think about it

NotAtOld

Activity: 200

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 04:42:12 AM

its possible ..... dude think about it

So who tells the core developers what to do?  Smiley
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: