Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Which one is safer?:
Trezor - 26 (86.7%)
Blockchain.info + 2FA - 4 (13.3%)
Total Voters: 30

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Trezor vs Blockchain + 2FA  (Read 3898 times)
BartmaX (OP)

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 09:06:05 AM

I would like to buy Bitcoin Trezor, but Blockchain can be also good.

Pros and cons (in my opinion):

Blockchain:
[ + ] Free
[ - ] Servers can be hacked
[ - ] You can lost Bitcoins by phishing
[ - ] If you have got 2FA your phone could be hacked, and hacker can see your messages (also verify messages from Blockchain, so he can withdraw BTC)
[ - ] Support - I sent e-mail to Blockchain about 3 weeks ago and I still wait for answer

Trezor:
[ + ] If you want to send BTC you have to have physical access to Trezor
[ + ] Physical buttons on Trezor - they can not be hacked
[ + ] Speed suport answers
[ - ] Price: $120

What do u think?

Bitcoin: 1BUVLae4KR9FTDAVDpwFZnoB8p5PrjEt5q
bithernet

Activity: 661
Merit: 503

A simple and secure Bitcoin wallet!

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2014, 09:29:00 AM

You can try our solution,  Wink

See the following topic for more details:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=606238.0

http://Bither.net
Bither - a simple and secure Bitcoin wallet!
1BsTwoMaX3aYx9Nc8GdgHZzzAGmG669bC3
Silly Money

Activity: 159
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 09:53:24 AM

You could lose the trezor or it could break. Depends if you are willing to spend money on it.

BartmaX (OP)

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 09:58:22 AM

You could lose the trezor or it could break. Depends if you are willing to spend money on it.
I will be able to recover it.
http://doc.satoshilabs.com/trezor-user/recovery.html

Silly Money

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 10:02:11 AM

If it's recoverable isn't that a weakness in itself? What iof somebody else can recover it too?

BartmaX (OP)

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 10:05:31 AM

If it's recoverable isn't that a weakness in itself? What iof somebody else can recover it too?
You may say that somebody can get recovery seeds? What if you hold it in safe? Smiley

Silly Money

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 10:08:31 AM

You may say that somebody can get recovery seeds? What if you hold it in safe? Smiley

Well if it's not in a safe or a safe place they can. If you can access it somebody else might as well. Or you lose thiose seeds.

CoinRocka

Activity: 249
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 11:22:38 AM

Well if it's not in a safe or a safe place they can. If you can access it somebody else might as well. Or you lose thiose seeds.

This is not a vulnerability of the product or service...the user.
HarmonLi

Activity: 350

Honest 80s business!

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 11:34:28 AM

Blockchain:
[ + ] Free
[ - ] If you have got 2FA your phone could be hacked, and hacker can see your messages (also verify messages from Blockchain, so he can withdraw BTC)
[ - ] Support - I sent e-mail to Blockchain about 3 weeks ago and I still wait for answer

Trezor:

What do u think?

We are talking about blockchain.info here. Not the Bitcoin blockchain. Please try to make that clear in the future! Those are two different things!
If blockchain.info gets hacked, hackers won't have access to your coins, since you retain at least a part of your private key.

BartmaX (OP)

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 07:32:25 PM

Blockchain:
[ + ] Free

Trezor:

What do u think?

We are talking about blockchain.info here. Not the Bitcoin blockchain. Please try to make that clear in the future! Those are two different things!
If blockchain.info gets hacked, hackers won't have access to your coins, since you retain at least a part of your private key.
I'm talking about blockchain.info not Bitcoin blockchain bro Smiley

franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4228
Merit: 4500

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 09:39:25 PM

Blockchain:
[ + ] Free
[ + ] If you have cellphone 2FA authentication you have to have physical access to your phone

Trezor:
[ - ] i sent a support message a week ago, still awaiting a reply
[ - ] a trojan/phish can be used to make the website integration perform a man in the middle to request the seed
[ - ]cant be used easily whilst out and about, such as on smart phone

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 09:51:38 PM

Blockchain:
[ + ] Free
[ + ] If you have cellphone 2FA authentication you have to have physical access to your phone

Trezor:
[ - ] a trojan/phish can be used to make the website integration perform a man in the middle to request the seed

This right here is pretty accurate IMO.   I don't have my trezor yet, but it should be arriving today (I hope), so I will be able to report back on the comparison of both.   The convenience of being able to use blockchain.info while out and about is a major plus.   Basically if you have BTC in both spots that is obviously the best.   

I guess it comes down to how frequently you plan on spending BTC.   If you don't plan on spending often, then Trezor is probably better.   If you are frequently trading, buying, selling, sending... then maybe blockchain.info is better for you.   

Obviously if you have less than $120 in BTC, then Trezor is not a smart decision.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4228
Merit: 4500

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 09:58:54 PM

Blockchain:
[ + ] Free

Trezor:

This right here is pretty accurate IMO.   I don't have my trezor yet, but it should be arriving today (I hope), so I will be able to report back on the comparison of both.   The convenience of being able to use blockchain.info while out and about is a major plus.   Basically if you have BTC in both spots that is obviously the best.   

I guess it comes down to how frequently you plan on spending BTC.   If you don't plan on spending often, then Trezor is probably better.   If you are frequently trading, buying, selling, sending... then maybe blockchain.info is better for you.   

Obviously if you have less than $120 in BTC, then Trezor is not a smart decision.

summary:
trezor for long term "savings"
blockchain.info for SMALL "daily spend"

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
InwardContour

Activity: 644
Merit: 260

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 10:13:55 PM

Trezor is more user friendly than blockchain.info, this point isn't written in OP list but is really important.
Try to teach your parents how to use both wallets and let them choose what is the best... I know the answer!
Cryptopher
Legendary

Activity: 1789
Merit: 1008

Keep it dense, yeah?

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 10:57:09 PM

OP, you mention that blockchain.info has only the positive of free, while you say that Trezor has only one negative which is the cost of a product that provides three positive according to you.

Surely you have answered your own question?

Buy the Trezor.

Xenoph0bia

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 11:19:46 PM

I preffer the option with lowest possibility to loose my Bitcoins. Trezor wins, but Trezor does not offer additional security for those not understanding how Trezor exactly works, so non tech people are likely to loose Bitcoins when using Trezor at compromised computer/server and revealing seed or not checking the transaction details on Trezor when signing or accepting not signed firmware
keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 01:39:11 AM

I preffer the option with lowest possibility to loose my Bitcoins. Trezor wins, but Trezor does not offer additional security for those not understanding how Trezor exactly works, so non tech people are likely to loose Bitcoins when using Trezor at compromised computer/server and revealing seed or not checking the transaction details on Trezor when signing or accepting not signed firmware

If you reveal your seed, you will basically lose your BTC with any type of wallet.  I haven't received my Trezor yet (I thought it was arriving today), but I thought one of the whole points of it was to be able to use it securely even if you have a compromised computer...
cryptworld

Activity: 714
Merit: 503

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 01:50:59 AM

The problem of online wallets is that you actually don't have your bitcoins
they are in possesion of third party
blockchain is ok for daily use and small quantities but if you are going to hold a large amount...
I prefer other options
heybigboy1

Activity: 65

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 02:09:21 AM

I've heard lots of great things about Trezor. I'd go with that plus its at a good price
Hfleer

Activity: 448

Changing avatars is currently not possible.

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 02:11:37 AM

Op do you know the difference between blockchain and blockchain.info?

Fix that please...

Also trezor by far.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: