Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 05:53:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: U.S. Aircraft Strike ISIS Targets in Iraq  (Read 3736 times)
noviapriani (OP)

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 09:27:56 AM

U.S. conducts airstrikes on ISIS militants in Iraq
By Tom Cohen and Ben Brumfield, CNN
updated 1:28 PM EDT, Fri August 8, 2014

Washington (CNN) -- Two U.S. F/A-18 jet fighters bombed artillery of Sunni Islamic extremists in Iraq on Friday, escalating America's military involvement more than two years after President Barack Obama brought home forces from the country.

Obama authorized "targeted airstrikes" if needed to protect U.S. personnel from fighters with ISIS, which calls itself the Islamic State. The U.S. military also could use airstrikes to prevent what officials warn could be a genocide of minority groups by the ISIS fighters.

Meanwhile, a senior Kurdish official told CNN that ISIS militants captured Iraq's largest hydroelectric dam, just north of Mosul, Iraq's second-largest city. According to the official, the militant fighters have been using U.S.-made weapons seized from the Iraqi army, including M1 Abrams tanks.

There had been conflicting reports about who controlled the dam on the Tigris River, with heavy fighting under way between ISIS fighters and Kurdish forces, known as Peshmerga. U.S. officials have warned that a failure of the dam would catastrophic, resulting in flooding all the way to Baghdad.

In other fighting, an Iraqi airstrike killed 45 ISIS fighters and injured 60 Friday in the northern town of Sinjar, the country's state-run National Media Center said.

Sinjar is the town that ISIS raided last weekend, causing members of the Yazidi minority there to flee into surrounding mountains without food, water or shelter and prompting concerns of a potential genocide.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kuroman

Activity: 588
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 10:05:22 AM

are there any images of the air strikes, I saw this on many media outlet but no images were provided
dKingston

Activity: 482
Merit: 500

LAUNDER BITCOIN: https://BitLaunder.com

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2014, 10:45:18 AM

US airforce is now working side by side with Syrians, Turks, Iranians, Iraqi and Russians airforce targeting ISIS. I hope they will destroy ISIS for good.

LAUNDER & ANONYMIZE YOUR BITCOIN:
https://www.BitLaunder.com/?aid=41
kuroman

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 11:03:37 AM

US airforce is now working side by side with Syrians, Turks, Iranians, Iraqi and Russians airforce targeting ISIS. I hope they will destroy ISIS for good.

They will not, force doesn't work at all, the only thing force could do, is lower ISIS capabilities which a good thing to do right now, but deal with ISIS you need to deal with the source of the problem, and the flow on new recruites coming mainly from devastated areas and people suffering and this should be the real long terms plan, doing just military action ill just strengthens Extrimism in general as proven in the last decade
noviapriani (OP)

Activity: 350

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 11:33:10 AM

are there any images of the air strikes, I saw this on many media outlet but no images were provided
no pictures,here is the link were i read the news : http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/aug/08/us-begins-air-strikes-iraq-isis

sana8410

Activity: 448

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 11:52:27 AM

Unsurprising, US military direct involvement was just a matter of time after the Iraqi Army turned tail and ran from a numerically inferior ISIS force. And given that we had a pretty large part in creating this mess, I can't say I take much issue with it vs. other military campaigns.

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
cryptasm
Legendary

Activity: 997
Merit: 1002

Gamdom.com

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2014, 12:07:28 PM

There's live updates on the Guardian website: http://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2014/aug/11/iraq-crisis-us-air-strikes-help-kurds-retake-territory-live-updates

Also a video of the first airstrike here:  http://www.ibtimes.com/us-airstrikes-watch-planes-bomb-isis-targets-iraq-video-1653972

tatu

Activity: 138
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 12:20:14 PM

It's probably inevitable that they're going to go back into Iraq. These Isis tools are pretty brutal and unfortuantly need to be stopped. They're just slaughtering people.
Alphi

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 12:22:34 PM

Unsurprising, US military direct involvement was just a matter of time after the Iraqi Army turned tail and ran from a numerically inferior ISIS force. And given that we had a pretty large part in creating this mess, I can't say I take much issue with it vs. other military campaigns.

wise words...

although the people do not want to go back to Iraq.. this was a mess created by western governments and so we should clean it up.
I personally was deeply ashamed when my country went to war just because my prime minister had his head so firmly wedged up George w. bushes ass.

Saddam was a threat to the region but very little threat to the world... ISIS is much more of a threat both to the region and to the entire world.

KARMA: KSc9oGgGga1TS4PqZNFxNS9LSDjdSgpC1B      VERT: VgKaooA5ZuLLUXTUANJigH9wCPuzBUBv9H
DOGE:   DRN7pXid34o6wQgUuK8BoSjWJ5g8jiEs4e
bitsmichel

Activity: 518

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 12:34:07 PM

wise words...

although the people do not want to go back to Iraq.. this was a mess created by western governments and so we should clean it up.
I personally was deeply ashamed when my country went to war just because my prime minister had his head so firmly wedged up George w. bushes ass.

Saddam was a threat to the region but very little threat to the world... ISIS is much more of a threat both to the region and to the entire world.

I guess it was part of the purpose of the Iraq war. Without war, there wouldn't be a war industry

Rigon

Activity: 994
Merit: 441

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 12:35:17 PM

wise words...

Obama was warned that ISIS is very dangerous, but the smartest man in the world just blew it off by calling them 'JV". Obama has made lots of blunders, but this is one that's going to get lots of people killed. I used to think that I didn't want Obama to step down because that meant we'd have Joe Biden the idiot in charge, but now I think Biden might actually be better.
Nik1ab

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

freedomainradio.com

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 12:37:30 PM

americans are like illnesses. They are always there but nobody wants them.

No signature ad here, because their conditions have become annoying.
kuroman

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 12:46:34 PM

There's live updates on the Guardian website: http://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2014/aug/11/iraq-crisis-us-air-strikes-help-kurds-retake-territory-live-updates

Also a video of the first airstrike here:  http://www.ibtimes.com/us-airstrikes-watch-planes-bomb-isis-targets-iraq-video-1653972

The video is a nice catch, well I guess will have to wait till information are dis-classified
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 12:46:47 PM

lol.. Syrians are not involved at all. Turks and Russians are limiting their role to delivering food and water aid. Iranians are active on ground, but they are not conducting any air missions.
Alphi

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 12:59:35 PM

wise words...

Obama was warned that ISIS is very dangerous, but the smartest man in the world just blew it off by calling them 'JV". Obama has made lots of blunders, but this is one that's going to get lots of people killed. I used to think that I didn't want Obama to step down because that meant we'd have Joe Biden the idiot in charge, but now I think Biden might actually be better.

I absolutely detest the people who gave the US; George bush, liberal gun laws and the Tea party. but in all honesty... you guys would probably be safer with someone like John McCain running the place in a time of crisis at least he would stick to his convictions and make tough decisions.  Obama on the other hand .. you don't know what he's going to do next... I know it must be tough trying to get things done when congress is blocking everything.. but he seems to just change direction every-time he thinks he is going to make a political enemy.

oh no I wont get tough on Isreal they are going to get angry at me.. oh no I cant support the revolution in Libya, Syria and Egypt then more Muslims might get angry... oh no I better not close down gwantanamo more angry people might be let loose. better not deploy US troops all those soldiers angry mothers are going come at me....

when he first came in to office I had high hopes for Obama and the world, but I'm really starting to wonder what happened to "Yes we can"

KARMA: KSc9oGgGga1TS4PqZNFxNS9LSDjdSgpC1B      VERT: VgKaooA5ZuLLUXTUANJigH9wCPuzBUBv9H
kuroman

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 01:55:56 PM

wise words...

I absolutely detest the people who gave the US; George bush, liberal gun laws and the Tea party. but in all honesty... you guys would probably be safer with someone like John McCain running the place in a time of crisis at least he would stick to his convictions and make tough decisions.  Obama on the other hand .. you don't know what he's going to do next... I know it must be tough trying to get things done when congress is blocking everything.. but he seems to just change direction every-time he thinks he is going to make a political enemy.

oh no I wont get tough on Isreal they are going to get angry at me.. oh no I cant support the revolution in Libya, Syria and Egypt then more Muslims might get angry... oh no I better not close down gwantanamo more angry people might be let loose. better not deploy US troops all those soldiers angry mothers are going come at me....

when he first came in to office I had high hopes for Obama and the world, but I'm really starting to wonder what happened to "Yes we can"

what simply happened to Obama is just what happens to the any naïfs politician that thinks that he has the power of decision, well reality is the US is rulled by strong lobbies, being it economical ones, such as the energy sector and among them Oil of course, or defense and weapon cartels that wants to sell more weapon, and political foreign lobbies, such AIPAC which by far has the US helf by the balls, or Saudi Arabia for example
Alphi

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 02:10:11 PM

what simply happened to Obama is just what happens to the any naïfs politician that thinks that he has the power of decision, well reality is the US is rulled by strong lobbies, being it economical ones, such as the energy sector and among them Oil of course, or defense and weapon cartels that wants to sell more weapon, and political foreign lobbies, such AIPAC which by far has the US helf by the balls, or Saudi Arabia for example

as a wise man pointed out to me recently however... its Obama's second term.. he cant run for president again.. so he should just man up and play hard ball where it counts.
the world wont remember the little president that could... the world is only going to remember the great president that did stand up for what he personally believed in.
Obama care was a great idea but it may yet get torn down.... a real and lasting peace agreement somewhere... now that would be worthy of a nobel peace prize.

cryptasm
Legendary

Activity: 997
Merit: 1002

Gamdom.com

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2014, 02:41:34 PM

Maliki 'forced out' as Iraq's prime minister

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/aug/11/nouri-al-maliki-iraq-forced-out-prime-minister

Iraq's embattled prime minister, Nouri al-Maliki, appeared to have lost his job on Monday, after the country's president appointed a rival Shia candidate to form a new government.
In a major defeat for Maliki, Iraq's largest coalition of Shia political parties nominated Haider al-Abadi, a member of Maliki's Shia Islamist Dawa party, to take over as prime minister.

kuroman

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 02:42:38 PM

as a wise man pointed out to me recently however... its Obama's second term.. he cant run for president again.. so he should just man up and play hard ball where it counts.
the world wont remember the little president that could... the world is only going to remember the great president that did stand up for what he personally believed in.
Obama care was a great idea but it may yet get torn down.... a real and lasting peace agreement somewhere... now that would be worthy of a nobel peace prize.

I agree with this and I thought about this for a while, but it doesn't matter really as any decision he'll make would be blocked anyway, not only that but he needs to take into consideration his carrier after his presidency, I guess it's hard to go counter the flow of things, and the only president to do in our dear west in recent years is probably Jacques Chirac, which wasn't a tool that flow anything he was told.
Alphi

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 02:45:28 PM

Maliki 'forced out' as Iraq's prime minister

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/aug/11/nouri-al-maliki-iraq-forced-out-prime-minister

Iraq's embattled prime minister, Nouri al-Maliki, appeared to have lost his job on Monday, after the country's president appointed a rival Shia candidate to form a new government.
In a major defeat for Maliki, Iraq's largest coalition of Shia political parties nominated Haider al-Abadi, a member of Maliki's Shia Islamist Dawa party, to take over as prime minister.

they should take it in turns and have 3 leaders run the country.. one sunni one shia and one kurd.
 that worked for the romans

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: