Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 07:44:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Some questions about the stats of the forum  (Read 3175 times)
MakeBelieve (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 10:29:58 AM

How many registrations do we have a day?
How many posts are moderated/reported a day?
How many people are banned a day?
How many posts per min/hour?

I thought of these questions because this forum seems to deal swiftly with any problems and delete any topics which are against the rules...as when I first joined there was a lot more spam and things out of place on the forum. SO I was wondering have we got less people registering now or is it just that most of them are banned/nuked early on?

On a mission to make Bitcointalk.org Marketplace a safer place to Buy/Sell/Trade
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
iluvpie60

Activity: 700

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 03:05:52 PM
Last edit: August 11, 2014, 05:44:09 PM by iluvpie60

I thought of these questions because this forum seems to deal swiftly with any problems and delete any topics which are against the rules...as when I first joined there was a lot more spam and things out of place on the forum. SO I was wondering have we got less people registering now or is it just that most of them are banned/nuked early on?

EDIT: Scroll down to the very bottom of the home page, click on "more stats"!!! Smiley

Here is the link -----> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=stats
HarmonLi

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Honest 80s business!

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 03:32:00 PM

I would also like to know more details about this forum. It seems to not have a "who is online now" that most forums have, while also showing the mods that are online. I like seeing how many guests and how many registered users are online.

And what the heck is up with not being able to have an avatar, jeez been on here for a lil while and they still haven't added that back in... Why did they disable it?

Yeah, it would be very interesting getting to know some of the internals or statistical data of the forum we all love and use every day! I think theymos really modded this forum as much as possible Cheesy
I think avatars were disabled due to the fear of loading malicious code, maybe???

iluvpie60

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 03:56:09 PM

I would also like to know more details about this forum. It seems to not have a "who is online now" that most forums have, while also showing the mods that are online. I like seeing how many guests and how many registered users are online.

And what the heck is up with not being able to have an avatar, jeez been on here for a lil while and they still haven't added that back in... Why did they disable it?

Yeah, it would be very interesting getting to know some of the internals or statistical data of the forum we all love and use every day! I think theymos really modded this forum as much as possible Cheesy
I think avatars were disabled due to the fear of loading malicious code, maybe???

Ahhh ok. It does pay to be safe for that since there is some pretty complicated stuff people come up with these days. I love your Bruce Campbell avatar, saw him in a few movies and he was pretty good in Burn Notice.

Could a way around that be to only accept images from sites like imageshack or tinypic??? Not sure if those sites filter out any malicious whatever, but they have been around for awhile and tons of people use it. I have to imagine they are pretty guarded and experienced for that type of thing. Like that whole "gravatar" thing that is used on some other forum, i can't remember which. But you gotta upload to whatever site, then it is linked to your profile on the forum.

Not sure how complicated that is but I would donate .001 btc or something to raise money towards getting that going Smiley
HarmonLi

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Honest 80s business!

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 04:03:34 PM

Ahhh ok. It does pay to be safe for that since there is some pretty complicated stuff people come up with these days. I love your Bruce Campbell avatar, saw him in a few movies and he was pretty good in Burn Notice.

Could a way around that be to only accept images from sites like imageshack or tinypic??? Not sure if those sites filter out any malicious whatever, but they have been around for awhile and tons of people use it. I have to imagine they are pretty guarded and experienced for that type of thing. Like that whole "gravatar" thing that is used on some other forum, i can't remember which. But you gotta upload to whatever site, then it is linked to your profile on the forum.

Not sure how complicated that is but I would donate .001 btc or something to raise money towards getting that going Smiley

Haha, thanks about the avatar!
I don't know exactly what the problem was. I think they're already re-hosting the images, anyways. But... I don't know. It could also be that people only tend to look at the avatar and won't realize that they're being scammed by someone tricking them into thinking they're doing business with someone else!

malevolent
can into space
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 1721

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 05:15:25 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=stats

But don't look at the averaged numbers, scroll down and click on "August".

Across the whole forum there are on average 150 reports per day.

This is the modlog for the last seven days:
https://bitcointalk.org/modlog.php

Ctrl + F "autoban" or "nuke" (without quotes)
"autoban" means someone got a permaban or a permaban with an IP ban, "nuke" means someone got a permaban with an IP ban, and had all their posts removed
You won't see any info about temporary bans, though.

Signature space available for rent.
iluvpie60

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 05:41:12 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=stats

But don't look at the averaged numbers, scroll down and click on "August".

Across the whole forum there are on average 150 reports per day.

This is the modlog for the last seven days:
https://bitcointalk.org/modlog.php

Ctrl + F "autoban" or "nuke" (without quotes)
"autoban" means someone got a permaban or a permaban with an IP ban, "nuke" means someone got a permaban with an IP ban, and had all their posts removed
You won't see any info about temporary bans, though.

ooooo!!! Thank you very much! Will take a look at these right now. I never noticed if you scroll to the VERY VERY BOTTOM, there is a "more stats".
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: