Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:57:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: We've developed a bitcoin arbitrage platform  (Read 4337 times)
Sniper76

Activity: 486
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 04:35:31 PM

What's wrong today with profit?
Until today, i was around 3/5% profit and now :

Could you explain us how is possible?

I can understand a bad day and a small lose, but here it's a big lose of all earn since two weeks...
This case worth explanation...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Newar
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

https://gliph.me/hUF

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 05:25:00 PM

Aye, risk, and markets not agreeing with a programmer's idea. As a former user of "auto-traded-forex" I can relate.

OTC rating | GPG keyid 1DC91318EE785FDE | Gliph: lightning bicycle tree music | Mycelium, a swift & secure Bitcoin client for Android | LocalBitcoins
Bitllama (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2014, 12:02:29 AM
Last edit: October 10, 2014, 08:28:59 AM by Bitllama

What's wrong today with profit?
Until today, i was around 3/5% profit and now :

Could you explain us how is possible?

I can understand a bad day and a small lose, but here it's a big lose of all earn since two weeks...
This case worth explanation...

Hey guys,

Today was a very turbulent day indeed. The way that the bot currently works is, that it takes deposited BTCs and distributes them evenly among different currencies on different exchange markets, so it can trigger trades as soon as arbitrage opportunities arise. Most opportunities can last only few seconds at most, so we can't afford to do fund transfers before the trade. The screenshot shows how you can view your current fund distribution on the dashboard.

https://i.imgur.com/htuc1ja.png

As you click on withdrawal button, you can see this calculation here showing where profit comes from and what everything it entails. (By the way this also separates us from ponzi websites claiming to make profits from arbitrage - we can show you how we get to the profits - they can't. Ask them, we dare you  Wink )

https://i.imgur.com/i1rcZpI.png

Consequently, as we hold three currencies, we are somewhat exposed to fluctuations of LTC and USD. Without getting into too much technical detail, the problem arises as we convert LTC back to BTC - affecting the profit. We are well aware of the fluctuation problem (also explain it in the warning page) and are currently in the process of testing a solution. When determined that it is 100% stable and effective in mitigating currency risk, we will patch Bitllama with the new algorithm. If successful, users should no longer experience any negative trades, arbitrage loss or negative fluctuations. Not even temporary Smiley So stay tuned, we're working on this solution really hard and can't wait to release it - it shouldn't take much longer than 2 weeks.

Until then we remain in beta (also our fees remain beta appropriate) and appreciate your patience. As we value our users above all else, if at any point you wish to make a withdraw on a day that LTC is causing a loss in your portfolio, simply contact us and we'll discuss covering it with our own funds. Throughout the year though, we have not once ended up with a loss at the end of the month - just very short rough patches (lasting 1-2 days due to fluctuation of LTC).

Also we want to let everyone know that looking at the platform, all our users have profit again as LTC is stabilized. This is a screenshot of our testing account with deposit from about 2 months ago.
https://i.imgur.com/7u87SN3.png

Hopefully we clarified it for you and if you ever need our prompt reply or explanation, feel free to contact us at info@bitllama.com and we'll get back to you much faster than on the forum Smiley

Sniper76

Activity: 486
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 25, 2014, 09:20:53 AM

Thanks for this very usefull reply Wink

You should continue to communicate like this by yourself, it's really appreciable !
What's the next step of your platform? There is no information on future, as investisor, we want to know where we'll go.

soyab0007

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 17, 2016, 10:43:00 AM

Can anyone send me invite
codehtcmail

Activity: 1188
Merit: 260

Tryig to survive in this harsh world

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 10:40:35 AM