Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:55:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Did you receive FLDC on CounterWallet? FoldingCoin  (Read 3306 times)
suman66 (OP)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 12:37:32 PM

Did you receive FLDC on CounterWallet? FoldingCoin

Here at FoldingCoin we are trying a new concept to mining. We are encouraging those who used to mine BTC with GPU rigs and those who have always had an interest to mine with CPUs but couldn't compete with the ASICs to have a chance to earn a new kind of coin. With FoldingCoin all CPU and GPUs have a chance to generate a token that helps support Stanford University develop new medicines that cure diseases. Please read through our project about how you can earn these tokens and help humanity at the same time.

Put your GPU rigs BACK TO WORK
Remember Bitcoin mining early on before the ASICs dominated the market? If you’re like our team then you invested a ton of money into GPUs and CPUs. Well we have the next generation project for all of us – FLDC or FoldingCoin.

How does it work?
Point your hardware at the Folding@home network developed by Stanford University. This program uses your computer’s resources to help fold proteins for scientific research. No configuration like CGminer or anything else is needed. This program is very well put together and works straight out of the box.

How do you get coins then?
"Tokens" is a better word. When you join Stanford’s Folding@home network, you create a user name (with your Counterparty wallet as the name) and choose team 226728 to fold with. You are then given credits for the work you do. Stanford has a stats page for bragging rights, but with our project we are distributing tokens according to our team members' Folding@home credits. We leverage the Counterparty Bitcoin 2.0 platform to build a new token on top of the Bitcoin network that already exists. Unlike Altcoins that are subject to attacks and difficulty fluctuating all the time, a token on Counterparty is actually secured by the Bitcoin network itself (since it shares the same blockchain as Bitcoin).

Website link http://www.foldingcoin.net/

I got  376 FLDC coins Did you got
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mbaeichapareiko

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 08:16:51 PM

decided to give FLDC mining a shot.  Its for a good cause and we can use cpu's!   anybody else?   
OmniEdge

Activity: 16
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 08:27:59 PM

Received mine and I support this initiative!

Side note: Can someone give us an idea of why FLDC will be traded in the future? I am thinking in line of carbon offset programs or should we see FLDC tokens only as help contributing to humanity and karma?
asdlolciterquit

Activity: 1666
Merit: 565

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 09:03:05 AM

decided to give FLDC mining a shot.  Its for a good cause and we can use cpu's!   anybody else?   

i'm using gridcoin. You can use your pc too, and you can contribute to more different research project!
Viper1

Activity: 686
Merit: 320

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 09:29:14 AM

Was wondering what those "coins" were that showed up in my balance. It's a pretty good idea but I hate to say it's not the first to do this. Curecoin has been doing it for awhile now and they're #9 on the team list for folding@home. On my list of things to try out when I have some time.

BTC: 1F8yJqgjeFyX1SX6KJmqYtHiHXJA89ENNT
LTC: LYAEPQeDDM7Y4jbUH2AwhBmkzThAGecNBV
DOGE: DSUsCCdt98PcNgUkFHLDFdQXmPrQBEqXu9
Anonz

Activity: 192
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 10:23:08 AM

Interesting.

Anonz want to remain Anonymous. It's up to those who follow along with us.  My favorite coins?  Magi, Bitcoin, and Darkcoin. Thread about XMG: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=735170.0 - Market of XMG: https://bittrex.com/Market/Index?MarketName=BTC-XMG - #Magi on Freenode IRC:  https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.freenode.net/#magi
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: