Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:43:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: PayPal Replacement?  (Read 2506 times)
NghtRppr (OP)

Activity: 504
Merit: 252

Elder Crypto God

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2011, 05:54:30 PM

Is there any service that exists that does what PayPal does right i.e. provides a payment API, transaction notifications, cart integration, "buy now" buttons and also keeps the BTC pegged to USD/SEK/whatever at current market prices?

I've searched around but I've had no luck.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Garrett Burgwardt

Activity: 406
Merit: 256

View Profile
May 05, 2011, 06:14:01 PM

Mybitcoin does that stuff, I believe.
NghtRppr (OP)

Elder Crypto God

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2011, 06:40:14 PM

I'm not having much luck using their service. I'm not getting a response to my questions and there's no documentation on using the payment links. I need to have the customer's email address passed along to me with the call to the successful payment URL but I don't see how that can be done.
BitterTea

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 06, 2011, 07:40:23 PM

There's a way you can kind of hack some information into a payment button, but it's sort of ugly.

First, go to this page: https://www.mybitcoin.com/login/merchant-tools.php
Enter an amount, and choose U.S. dollars. This allows MyBitcoin to handle the exchange rate.
Enter anything in the "payment note" field.
uncheck the "encrypt URI" option.

Creating the button now gives you the following code:

Code:
<form action="https://www.mybitcoin.com/sci/paypage.php" method="post" target="_blank">
<input type="hidden" name="amount" value="1.00">
<input type="hidden" name="currency" value="USD">
<input type="hidden" name="payee_bcaddr" value="1BEw6WXxmNHAjHA3JhbozBmUJorjzu9jCX">
<input type="hidden" name="payee_name" value="bitcoin2cash">
<input type="hidden" name="note" value="asfdsaf">
<input type="hidden" name="success_url" value="http://example.com/receivedpayment.php">
<input type="submit" name="submit" value="Purchase with Bitcoin">
</form>

Now, you can do a couple of different things. Any of those input type="hidden" fields can be changed to a text box, so the user can enter a value. Alternatively, you keep those values hidden but dynamically fill them from some source, like a database.

A simple example...

Code:
<form action="https://www.mybitcoin.com/sci/paypage.php" method="post" target="_blank">
<input type="textbox" name="amount">
<select name="currency"><option>USD</option><option>BTC</option></select>
<input type="hidden" name="payee_bcaddr" value="1BEw6WXxmNHAjHA3JhbozBmUJorjzu9jCX">
<input type="hidden" name="payee_name" value="bitcoin2cash">
<input type="textbox" name="note" value="Customer email address here...">
<input type="hidden" name="success_url" value="http://example.com/receivedpayment.php">
<input type="submit" name="submit" value="Purchase with Bitcoin">
</form>

gives you something like this:

edit... I'm actually not sure what information MyBitcoin posts back to the success_url, but I assume it has the "note" data in it.
NghtRppr (OP)

Elder Crypto God

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2011, 07:53:04 PM

The problem with that is that now anyone can see the successful payment URL. I know I can block access based on IP but I'm not too crazy about exposing my backend to my customers (that sounded dirty).

Thanks for your help though. I'll see if I can make this work.
NghtRppr (OP)

Elder Crypto God

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2011, 05:54:38 PM

Alright, after some testing, it turns out that the "Payment Success URL" is really just a URL that the user is redirected to after payment. I thought it was a URL that would be called by the mybitcoin.com server to inform my system of a successful payment. This doesn't work for me since I need a URL to be called that informs me of a successful payment by the mybitcoin.com server so that I can add my customer to the database.

Is there any other service that does this?
Herodes

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 07, 2011, 05:55:35 PM

Dwolla.com if you're in the us.
error

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 07, 2011, 06:03:24 PM

Alright, after some testing, it turns out that the "Payment Success URL" is really just a URL that the user is redirected to after payment. I thought it was a URL that would be called by the mybitcoin.com server to inform my system of a successful payment. This doesn't work for me since I need a URL to be called that informs me of a successful payment by the mybitcoin.com server so that I can add my customer to the database.

Is there any other service that does this?

MyBitcoin is perfectly capable of doing this; you just have to actually set it up. Didn't you see the SCI Payment Automation Key and SCI Receipt URL? Sample code was also included.

3KzNGwzRZ6SimWuFAgh4TnXzHpruHMZmV8
NghtRppr (OP)

Elder Crypto God

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2011, 06:21:20 PM

MyBitcoin is perfectly capable of doing this; you just have to actually set it up. Didn't you see the SCI Payment Automation Key and SCI Receipt URL? Sample code was also included.

Yes I did see that, downloaded it and read the README but there's little explanation given so I just thought that was for using a shopping cart, which I don't need. I'll check it out again. Thanks.

By the way, do you know if the interface will pass the payment note, etc to the URL? The lack of documentation really makes this a guessing game.
Herodes

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 12, 2011, 12:49:14 AM

Look into dwolla, but that's most likely just for the us market?
Touristtoken

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 07:54:22 AM

Is there any service that exists that does what PayPal does right i.e. provides a payment API, transaction notifications, cart integration, "buy now" buttons and also keeps the BTC pegged to USD/SEK/whatever at current market prices?

I've searched around but I've had no luck.

Hello Payza does this and it is a great option. Btc remains at USD price when received .
alisaadat60

Activity: 87
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 08:06:13 AM

Paypal is really good , but if you don't want to use it ,use perfectmoney.
It's good and effective too.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: