Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 10:37:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Living off of Bitcoins  (Read 1497 times)
DeezBTC (OP)

Activity: 237
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 06:21:00 PM

This summer has been great i literally have been living off of BTC. I'm a program coordinator i work for public schools so we dont work ini the summer. I was able to buy food buy clothes and just today get limited liability insurance without working this summer lol. Course i had to trade them for usd but i cant wait for the day where we pay everything with BTC. I never would've thought in a million years lol

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoinbikers

Activity: 177

Now that's a can do attitude!

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2014, 06:23:50 PM

This summer has been great i literally have been living off of BTC. I'm a program coordinator i work for public schools so we dont work ini the summer. I was able to buy food buy clothes and just today get limited liability insurance without working this summer lol. Course i had to trade them for usd but i cant wait for the day where we pay everything with BTC. I never would've thought in a million years lol

You could just live off the btc though, you had to convert to fiat first, you couldn't just spend the btc as is  Embarrassed

1D6p2j56E4sTsjC7raahVm8HVEmWHMFFma
TheNewAnon135246
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1989

฿uy ฿itcoin

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 06:26:21 PM

There are quite a few sites accepting bitcoin for food, clothes etc. You should check out www.thebitcoinpage.com. It has a huge list of websites that accept btc (and they keep updating it).
frankenmint
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1018

HoneybadgerOfMoney.com Weed4bitcoin.com

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2014, 06:26:49 PM

You could just live off the btc though, you had to convert to fiat first, you couldn't just spend the btc as is  Embarrassed

Good luck finding a landlord outside of NY who takes them currently

DeezBTC (OP)

Activity: 237

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 06:31:09 PM

Thx for the info guys i will check those sites out

robertsu

Activity: 406

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 06:52:19 PM

There are quite a few sites accepting bitcoin for food, clothes etc. You should check out www.thebitcoinpage.com. It has a huge list of websites that accept btc (and they keep updating it).

nice page, all at one place Smiley
Skoupi

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

Skoupi the Great

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 06:54:21 PM

Well if you have to trade bitcoins for usd then you don't actully "live off" of bitcoins right?
nicepumper

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 07:01:08 PM

Well if you have to trade bitcoins for usd then you don't actully "live off" of bitcoins right?

Yes. this is why my friends dont give a fuck about it. "Oh so you have to BUY btc, then convert back to fiat", pretty dumb imo. Plus paying with something that may be x10 more valuable in 10 years? I dont see it. Wouldn't you rather pay in cash?
BTCevo
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1008

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 07:04:26 PM

Yes. this is why my friends dont give a fuck about it. "Oh so you have to BUY btc, then convert back to fiat", pretty dumb imo. Plus paying with something that may be x10 more valuable in 10 years? I dont see it. Wouldn't you rather pay in cash?

It is fun to gamble and trade with though  Roll Eyes
oceans

Activity: 406

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 07:06:17 PM

Must be a really great feeling to know you are financially able to do this without having to work to be able to Smiley I can imagine it would get pretty boring after a while thought with no work? Would you consider doing this and working as well if not working got too boring?
counter

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 07:13:17 PM

Good for you and glad you had such a positive experience with Bitcoin this summer.  Being a teacher I assume your not rich and the fact that you appreciate Bitcoin after this experiment speaks volumes about how beneficial Bitcoin can be to the average person.  I hope your not spending all of the coins and have a few for the future.   Wink 
Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 07:48:09 PM

Thank you for this info, it's great to see this list.
Bitcoin is really becoming mainstream and very soon we will live very well from our Bitcoin we collect now Smiley

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
Spinti89

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 07:49:31 PM

I hope that in the future we can pay in allmost any store... That would be nice  Smiley
joshraban76

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 08:09:38 PM

Awesome to see someone doing this. I wish I was able to but at the moment I have too many bills so fiat is my currency at least for the foreseeable future.

\   \  \ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\◥◣◢◤//////////////// /  /   /
Win88.me ❖ Fair, Trusted Online BTC Gambling ❖
/   /  / ////////////////◢◤◥◣\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \  \   \
doof

Activity: 765
Merit: 503

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2014, 10:29:55 PM

I have been doing this for the last 3months.  Using livingroomofsathoshi.com I can pay all my bills, including rent via bpay.  Day to day is just put on credit card and again, using BTC to pay it off.
dKingston

Activity: 482
Merit: 500

LAUNDER BITCOIN: https://BitLaunder.com

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2014, 12:17:19 AM

There was a story about a reporter from Forbes that tried this last year (she did a follow up by doing it again this summer). IIRC she had a much easier time this year, but still had to convert a lot of her BTC to fiat by paying people BTC in exchange for paying her share of things (like transportation, meals, ect). She also used gyft pretty heavily. I would be interested to see a story about someone who is able to buy everything with bitcoin over some amount of time and not have to do things like the above.

LAUNDER & ANONYMIZE YOUR BITCOIN:
https://www.BitLaunder.com/?aid=41
heybigboy1

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 01:18:27 AM

BTC is the next USD. Just watch. Good job OP.
cryptworld

Activity: 714
Merit: 503

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 01:51:45 AM

But how have you been living off it?
Just trading or programming?
lihuajkl
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 02:19:59 AM

But how have you been living off it?
Just trading or programming?
I am curious as well. Are you paid by BTC? If so, you can say to live off of it half way.
Hfleer

Activity: 448

Changing avatars is currently not possible.

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 02:27:21 AM

So you are saying that you didn't really live off bitcoins?

If you need to sell them first, what good are they at spending?

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: