Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 02:25:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Need SEO Expert's advice  (Read 623 times)
FutureMoneyTrends (OP)

Activity: 325
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2014, 08:38:56 PM

If posting a youtube video and site post with the same title or very similar, like the site post is just a page with the youtube video and more information

Do you need to publish the site page first to get the higher google search rank? What are best practices for this

for example does this make sense:
"Main goal here is that if XYZ vidoe is posted, we want the XYZ title and description posted to website first or at the same time. This way, FMT is considered the original poster by Google. "

Can give you a bitcoin tip for the best response

bticoinquake

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 11:34:29 PM

The key to beating out Youtube is which page is better optimized for the intended search query you are trying to rank for. Now depending on how new your site is and how often you post content can give you an edge. But in terms of quickness Youtube will beat out your site as it's a Google property and can show up in less than 24 hours.

What I would do if I were you is use the original title you were going to use on the YT video & page, and then on the site use a relevant near duplicate title or one that integrated other niche targeted keywords. Then if you can have the video transcribed into text you can put this text on your site and it technically is more robust than the YT page and video. Your effectively competing on authority with Youtube and quality content on your own site, which you leave it up to the algo to put the most relevant piece of content up highly, and after a couple of weeks should be the most robust content on your site that has lots of text content (video transcription), relevant images, and other links pointing out to high authority 3rd party sites as Google likes to see that sites that "spread the love".

I get this question quite often in the digital marketing firm I work at. But yes you can outrank Youtube just don't expect it to happen in 24 hours unless your CNN, Techcrunch, etc.

Hopefully this was of help.
FutureMoneyTrends (OP)

Activity: 325
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2014, 11:37:50 PM

The key to beating out Youtube is which page is better optimized for the intended search query you are trying to rank for. Now depending on how new your site is and how often you post content can give you an edge. But in terms of quickness Youtube will beat out your site as it's a Google property and can show up in less than 24 hours.

What I would do if I were you is use the original title you were going to use on the YT video & page, and then on the site use a relevant near duplicate title or one that integrated other niche targeted keywords. Then if you can have the video transcribed into text you can put this text on your site and it technically is more robust than the YT page and video. Your effectively competing on authority with Youtube and quality content on your own site, which you leave it up to the algo to put the most relevant piece of content up highly, and after a couple of weeks should be the most robust content on your site that has lots of text content (video transcription), relevant images, and other links pointing out to high authority 3rd party sites as Google likes to see that sites that "spread the love".

I get this question quite often in the digital marketing firm I work at. But yes you can outrank Youtube just don't expect it to happen in 24 hours unless your CNN, Techcrunch, etc.

Hopefully this was of help.

thanks that was quite enlightening

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: