Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 11:03:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How many astroturfers are here?  (Read 1368 times)
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 06:20:07 PM

I never actually thought about there being paid agents here, but I guess it's very possible, but is bitcoin something they'd want to be spreading fud about at the moment? Maybe in the future it will become a problem to them.

The first HUGE wave of negative trolls came in June 2011, so when you see "Hero Member" there is no guarantee they are here for positive reasons.

Surely they didn't stick around and make a post every fortnight to become a Hero member. It's rare that you see a Troll Hero member as well.

That's not true. I'm a troll hero member trained by the best (love you Matt  Kiss). A quality troll is difficult to spot. They don't start threads saying "Bitcoin sucks" or "why Bitcoin will fail". You need to make people really think and actively engage them. Get some on your side then slap them all in the end.

I have this account and three socks that are all hero. I try to keep each sock in a separate section of the forum and keep them from overlapping. This account mainly posts to bitcoin discussion. If you see posts in other sections from this account it's usually because they were moved by a mod to the correct section after I posted. Bruno has 5-6 socks but I think Phinn and Al the Alpaca are the only Hero's.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
taylortyler (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 04:23:03 AM

I never actually thought about there being paid agents here, but I guess it's very possible, but is bitcoin something they'd want to be spreading fud about at the moment? Maybe in the future it will become a problem to them.

The first HUGE wave of negative trolls came in June 2011, so when you see "Hero Member" there is no guarantee they are here for positive reasons.

Surely they didn't stick around and make a post every fortnight to become a Hero member. It's rare that you see a Troll Hero member as well.

That would be the best tactic actually. To first gain credibility and then start to influence people with FUD.
taylortyler (OP)

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 04:24:07 AM

That's not true. I'm a troll hero member trained by the best (love you Matt  Kiss). A quality troll is difficult to spot. They don't start threads saying "Bitcoin sucks" or "why Bitcoin will fail". You need to make people really think and actively engage them. Get some on your side then slap them all in the end.

I have this account and three socks that are all hero. I try to keep each sock in a separate section of the forum and keep them from overlapping. This account mainly posts to bitcoin discussion. If you see posts in other sections from this account it's usually because they were moved by a mod to the correct section after I posted. Bruno has 5-6 socks but I think Phinn and Al the Alpaca are the only Hero's.

What is your intent with your socks?
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 04:46:10 AM

I sell them away from this forum. Selling them in the marketplace here kind of defeats the purpose. Are you in the market for one?

taylortyler (OP)

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 05:14:40 AM

That's not true. I'm a troll hero member trained by the best (love you Matt  Kiss). A quality troll is difficult to spot. They don't start threads saying "Bitcoin sucks" or "why Bitcoin will fail". You need to make people really think and actively engage them. Get some on your side then slap them all in the end.

I sell them away from this forum. Selling them in the marketplace here kind of defeats the purpose. Are you in the market for one?
No but I'm curious as to how much they go for?
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 06:45:15 AM

That's not true. I'm a troll hero member trained by the best (love you Matt  Kiss). A quality troll is difficult to spot. They don't start threads saying "Bitcoin sucks" or "why Bitcoin will fail". You need to make people really think and actively engage them. Get some on your side then slap them all in the end.

No but I'm curious as to how much they go for?

I could tell you but then I'd have to kill you.   Cheesy

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: