Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 03:40:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Share computer/laptop's internet with Antminer S1?  (Read 1549 times)
NoahWL1 (OP)

Activity: 173
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 12:45:15 AM
Last edit: August 11, 2014, 01:09:36 AM by NoahWL1

After receiving my antminer S1, I plugged it directly into my router and set it up with my main pool, and new password, backup pool, all that good stuff.  But the problem is, I can't leave the miner in my living room where the router is (too loud) and I need to move it to a different room.  I do not have a WiFi antenna for it but I do have an extra laptop that runs a couple USB miners and a Rockminer in the room I'd like to put it in.  The laptop is connected via WiFi and runs Windows 7.  Is it possible for me to connect an ethernet cable to the computer and then the antminer and share internet that way?  I've tried using Window's ICS to share the internet but it doesn't seem to work.  Although I think I'm just doing something wrong, is it possible to do this at all?  Thanks!
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
xjack

Activity: 539
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 12:06:57 PM

Best way to do this is with a stratum proxy set up on the host laptop.

Bfgminer or slush's proxy.

xjack - 1xjackDMgJCLn1LDtbgh51DYw6uRgeHVb
Reputation thread - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=482124.0
NoahWL1 (OP)

Activity: 173
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 04:48:37 PM

How would I do this?
xjack

Activity: 539
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 10:25:13 PM

How would I do this?

Set the proxy to listen for stratum on the ethernet port and connect to the pool on the wireless.

Point the S3 to the laptop's ethernet IP.

Not "simple", but easy enough if you read up on stratum proxy and are able to configure it.

Alternately, you can plug the S3 into something like a Netgear wnce2001.

xjack - 1xjackDMgJCLn1LDtbgh51DYw6uRgeHVb
Reputation thread - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=482124.0
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: