Bitcoin Forum
July 22, 2024, 05:20:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Seven Facts You Should Know About Ebola  (Read 899 times)
Bit_Happy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 12:46:57 AM

What is Ebola?
Ebola is that horrendous viral disease in Africa (so far). It’s the disease with a death rate of up to 90 percent of those infected. The one where the victims sometimes bleed out of every orifice before they die.
http://www.backdoorsurvival.com/seven-facts-about-ebola

Do you think the gov't should "protect us" from Ebola, and what should they do?
Should people infected be banned from entering your country?

Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 01:41:53 AM

All I know is in the wake of this ebola epidemic/situation overseas, it makes no sense to have this southern border wide open allowing terrorists, gangs and potential deadly viruses from coming to the heartland like it's no big deal. And, in the ideal situation I'm an open borders proponent but under bad conditions like we're dealing w/ now or even better ones where the government isn't so fucked up across the board, it makes sense to set parameters of who can come in through the back door. The ''we're a nation of immigrants" and the writing on the Statue of Liberty jingo was legit from a different era but currently no longer healthy in the open-ended way it was. We simply can't take the poor but only those w/ skills to help get this country or plot of land back to its liberty and true capitalist economy. I'm not gonna parse words tho.
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 02:42:37 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BxUHe8v4Pw

Check out this one as well if you haven't already.

beetcoin

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 02:54:47 AM

unless the ebola virus mutates to become airborne, it's not a significant threat. currently, you get it from exchanging bodily fluids, so it can't spread and become endemic.
Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 03:02:59 AM

unless the ebola virus mutates to become airborne, it's not a significant threat. currently, you get it from exchanging bodily fluids, so it can't spread and become endemic.
I think I heard something in the last few weeks where it has been proven to spread airborne. And upon further investigation it seems that it can't transmit between two non-human primates. Here's where I likely heard this info from so apparently no worries at the moment:
The team, comprised of researchers from the National Centre for Foreign Animal Disease, the University of Manitoba, and the Public Health Agency of Canada, observed transmission of Ebola from pigs to monkeys. They first inoculated a number of piglets with the Zaire strain of the Ebola virus. Ebola-Zaire is the deadliest strain, with mortality rates up to 90 percent. The piglets were then placed in a room with four cynomolgus macaques, a species of monkey commonly used in laboratories. The animals were separated by wire cages to prevent direct contact between the species.

Within a few days, the inoculated piglets showed clinical signs of infection indicative of Ebola infection. In pigs, Ebola generally causes respiratory illness and increased temperature. Nine days after infection, all piglets appeared to have recovered from the disease.

Within eight days of exposure, two of the four monkeys showed signs of Ebola infection. Four days later, the remaining two monkeys were sick too. It is possible that the first two monkeys infected the other two, but transmission between non-human primates has never before been observed in a lab setting.

More interesting commentary...http://healthmap.org/site/diseasedaily/article/pigs-monkeys-ebola-goes-airborne-112112

I work at a major hospital and deal w/ people coming and going so this would be a major problem for me to have to potentially deal with if a border leak allowed this to get up my way.
beetcoin

Activity: 434

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 04:37:03 AM

I think I heard something in the last few weeks where it has been proven to spread airborne. And upon further investigation it seems that it can't transmit between two non-human primates. Here's where I likely heard this info from so apparently no worries at the moment:
The team, comprised of researchers from the National Centre for Foreign Animal Disease, the University of Manitoba, and the Public Health Agency of Canada, observed transmission of Ebola from pigs to monkeys. They first inoculated a number of piglets with the Zaire strain of the Ebola virus. Ebola-Zaire is the deadliest strain, with mortality rates up to 90 percent. The piglets were then placed in a room with four cynomolgus macaques, a species of monkey commonly used in laboratories. The animals were separated by wire cages to prevent direct contact between the species.

Within a few days, the inoculated piglets showed clinical signs of infection indicative of Ebola infection. In pigs, Ebola generally causes respiratory illness and increased temperature. Nine days after infection, all piglets appeared to have recovered from the disease.

Within eight days of exposure, two of the four monkeys showed signs of Ebola infection. Four days later, the remaining two monkeys were sick too. It is possible that the first two monkeys infected the other two, but transmission between non-human primates has never before been observed in a lab setting.

More interesting commentary...http://healthmap.org/site/diseasedaily/article/pigs-monkeys-ebola-goes-airborne-112112

I work at a major hospital and deal w/ people coming and going so this would be a major problem for me to have to potentially deal with if a border leak allowed this to get up my way.

i don't get why you're so concerned with illegal immigrants spreading the ebola virus.. it didn't come from central/south america, and those immigrants are not very likely to interact with anyone from where the virus originated. it's more likely that the virus will spread from an american citizen, or someone from europe or africa.
catlinhappy

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 02:15:14 PM

Is it true that the disease is real and it kills faster than aids

Balthazar
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1359

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 02:47:40 PM

Is it true that the disease is real and it kills faster than aids
Strange comparison.
Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 02:51:18 PM

[quote
[/quote]

If not government who else can protect us Smiley
They should increase security on border, specially airports and try to find medicine for this.
People infected deserve any possible medical help, like American doctor recently, but everything must be dome in safe way.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
some1

Activity: 364

667 one more than the devil

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 03:05:17 PM

What can the governments do?

Pharmaceutical industry shoud find a cure but "Big Pharma" is quite untrustworthy.
They won't find it unless it guarantees a big income (i.e. virus spreads in wealthy countries).

Ron~Popeil

Activity: 406

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 04:09:15 PM

i don't get why you're so concerned with illegal immigrants spreading the ebola virus.. it didn't come from central/south america, and those immigrants are not very likely to interact with anyone from where the virus originated. it's more likely that the virus will spread from an american citizen, or someone from europe or africa.

A lot of those crossing the border are OTM or other than Mexican as the feds call them. It is also quite likely that if it does spread central and south america will be affected as well.

Bit_Happy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 04:14:19 PM

...And upon further investigation it seems that it can't transmit between two non-human primates. Here's where I likely heard this info from so apparently no worries at the moment:...

Thank you for looking that up Chef Ramsay, plenty of people are glad to have one less thing to worry about.

Slark
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 04:53:33 PM

LATEST NEWS: We have first Ebola victim in EU. Now I wait for pandemic outbreak...
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 05:12:07 AM

Well it looks like we got the results on the ebola outbreak
IF mortality is over  60% non tested drugs in humans is fine

Ebola outbreak patients in West Africa can ethically be treated with experimental treatments or vaccines that haven’t yet been tested on humans, the World Health Organization says.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/health/ebola-drugs-can-be-tested-on-patients-even-if-unproven-who-says-1.2733752

Knew I should have bought some stock shares darn.

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: