Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:00:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Unocoin raises $250,000 from Barry Silbert's Bitcoin Opportunity Corp  (Read 2827 times)
vaisajne

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 11:17:20 AM

Impressive achievement. Long way to go Unocoin! All the best!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BTCIndia

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

vini, vedi, no vici.

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 02:54:44 PM

This is fantastic news! Just to be featured on coindesk itself is a huge achievement IMHO. Hope the business goes off well. Also, i was looking for information on when will we have a localized BTC pool? This is one thing that has been pending for so long now! Ready to throw whatever little mining power i have to a pool based in India!  Grin

Heartily Congrats after a exhaustive thinking!

He's Nick Sazbo from Washington. I've my answer. Or Hal? :O
dashingriddler (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1258
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 01:34:29 PM

Thank you !!

CENTRA

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
        ▄▄████████████████████▄▄
      ▄███████▀▀         ▀▀███████▄
    ▄█████▀                  ▀██████
   █████▀      ▄▄▄█████▄▄      ▀█████▄
  █████     ▄██████████████▄     ▀████▄
 █████     ██████▀▀  ▀▀██████▄    ▀████
▐████     █████          █████     █████
█████    ▐████                     ▐████
█████    █████                     ▐████
█████     █████          ▄████▌    █████
 ████▌    ▀█████▄▄    ▄▄█████▀    ▄████▌
 ▀████▄     ▀██████████████▀     ▄████▀
  ▀█████▄     `▀████████▀▀     ▄█████▀
   `██████▄                  ▄██████
     ▀███████▄▄          ▄▄███████▀
       ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀█████████████▀▀

dashingriddler (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 01:36:07 PM

Unocoin announces 0% transaction fee promo

Unocoin is celebrating Independence day this year with a bang!! Rolling out 0% transaction fees to all its valued customers starting 12:00 am 15th August 2014.
This is our way of saying Thank You! for your continued loyalty, support and participation in our vision to empower and grow the Bitcoin eco system. Unocoin believes that bitcoin should be made easily and seamlessly available to all cross sections of society from the financially excluded to the business segment. So we thought by introducing our 0% transaction fees will be a start to this and encourage all to take advantage of this technology. We believe our success trajectory can only be measured by the contribution we make in strengthening the bitcoin community and making bitcoins accessible as a form of value transfer. So go ahead and make use of the offer and invite your friends to participate too.

Promo runs till 30th Sept 2014

CENTRA

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
        ▄▄████████████████████▄▄
       ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀█████████████▀▀

Sindelar1938

Activity: 490

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 08:49:33 AM

What bothers me is that Unocoin's price even allowing for 0% transaction fee is consistently uncompetitive
I understand that the volatility makes things tricky, but you can't have a 7% bid offer spread

dashingriddler (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 09:25:01 AM

What bothers me is that Unocoin's price even allowing for 0% transaction fee is consistently uncompetitive
I understand that the volatility makes things tricky, but you can't have a 7% bid offer spread
It is not the Unocoin itself that determine the spread but is customer's buying and selling volumes and tree depths in international exchanges (little weight). The spread would seem high on days of high volatility like it has been since 3 days else i would usually see it much lower.

CENTRA

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
        ▄▄████████████████████▄▄
       ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀█████████████▀▀

ZeroSum

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 10:53:48 AM
Last edit: August 19, 2014, 11:31:09 AM by ZeroSum

Congratulations Unocoin for recent investments!

I got few questions:
Is Unocoin.com 'manual version' for Coinbase?
How you hedge yourself against large buying/selling orders?
Do you forward order to international orderbooks or buy/sell on behalf of customer back by some buffer stock? If yes then, do you have programmed automated bots for your strategies or insist on manual trade?
Are you importing Bitcoins backed by IEC codes and legal research?

Regards,
ZeroSum Believer
dashingriddler (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 01:32:30 PM

I got few questions:
Do you forward order to international orderbooks or buy/sell on behalf of customer back by some buffer stock? If yes then, do you have programmed automated bots for your strategies or insist on manual trade?

Regards,
ZeroSum Believer
We run something similar to coinbase as long as trading is concerned. Coinbase has the payment gateway integration which means when customer is checking out, they can authorize in their onlinebanking to sweep the needed funds etc. This will allow immediate delivery of bitcoins to their wallet. In India, as the payment gateway providers like banks or ccavenue etc want some regulation to be there for them to support bitcoin business, we do not have their support in this aspect and will want customers to send INR to our bank account through NEFT and then we will process the BUY orders manually for them as their funds hit our bank account.

We do not do any kind of order to order hedging. We are ok to take some amount of risks.

No we do not touch international borders and have not programmed anybots. We have IEC code but still do not import bitcoins ourselves.

Regards

CENTRA

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
        ▄▄████████████████████▄▄
       ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀█████████████▀▀

polynesia
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 12:16:22 AM

I was initially surprised that this was not featured in any of the mainstream newspapers. Looks like it made it to The Hindu after a couple of days.
http://www.thehindu.com/business/Industry/bitcoin-startup-unocoin-gets-overseas-funding/article6321677.ece
dashingriddler (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 05:09:04 AM

Got covered in Economic times as well but it was more of my personal story than just the announcement part Smiley
http://articles.economictimes.indiatimes.com/2014-08-19/news/52983532_1_linden-lab-second-life-virtual-world

CENTRA

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
        ▄▄████████████████████▄▄
       ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀█████████████▀▀

ZeroSum

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 07:03:27 AM

I got few questions:

Regards,
ZeroSum Believer
We run something similar to coinbase as long as trading is concerned. Coinbase has the payment gateway integration which means when customer is checking out, they can authorize in their onlinebanking to sweep the needed funds etc. This will allow immediate delivery of bitcoins to their wallet. In India, as the payment gateway providers like banks or ccavenue etc want some regulation to be there for them to support bitcoin business, we do not have their support in this aspect and will want customers to send INR to our bank account through NEFT and then we will process the BUY orders manually for them as their funds hit our bank account.

We do not do any kind of order to order hedging. We are ok to take some amount of risks.

No we do not touch international borders and have not programmed anybots. We have IEC code but still do not import bitcoins ourselves.

Regards

I wonder, why Barry invested so much in 'Manual Exchange' when one can have automated at same cost. I never understood investors! Will you be utilizing part of fund to develop automated trading system which can integrate API's when regulation is clear? I'm anxious to know your future plans and as your LinkedIn summary has vague vision.

Why did you stop mining? We've electricity at competitive rates in few states. I personally, consider them more important and basic need than exchanges in very long run.
What is your preference- leading/catalysing India or making money?
dashingriddler (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 12:09:48 PM

I got few questions:

Regards,
ZeroSum Believer

Regards

I wonder, why Barry invested so much in 'Manual Exchange' when one can have automated at same cost. I never understood investors! Will you be utilizing part of fund to develop automated trading system which can integrate API's when regulation is clear? I'm anxious to know your future plans and as your LinkedIn summary has vague vision.

Why did you stop mining? We've electricity at competitive rates in few states. I personally, consider them more important and basic need than exchanges in very long run.
Yes we are looking forward to implement an automated system when the regulation is clearer.

Stopped mining as we had to start spending more on expenses. The place where we used to have miners has high rent. Forget about the rent, even if we just consider the electricity, it was still not profitable.
Our preference is of course being a leader in India. Not looking for making money right now but also that we do not want to undergo losses when we are not needed to.

CENTRA

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
        ▄▄████████████████████▄▄
       ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀█████████████▀▀

ZeroSum

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 12:55:56 PM

I got few questions:

Regards,
ZeroSum Believer

Regards

Yes we are looking forward to implement an automated system when the regulation is clearer.

Stopped mining as we had to start spending more on expenses. The place where we used to have miners has high rent. Forget about the rent, even if we just consider the electricity, it was still not profitable.
Our preference is of course being a leader in India. Not looking for making money right now but also that we do not want to undergo losses when we are not needed to.

Thank you for your patience and answers! Smiley
Wishes!
bitcoinisfurture

Activity: 700

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 06:38:39 PM

Hope so that now business hours would be extended from at present 11AM  to 7PM and also working days would be 7 days a week.
dashingriddler (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 03:59:20 AM

Hope so that now business hours would be extended from at present 11AM  to 7PM and also working days would be 7 days a week.
Our customer service is already running from 7am to 11pm mon-sat but the order execution is between 11am to 7pm mon-fri. Sure we are planning for a 7am to 11pm 7 days a week to start with.

CENTRA

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
        ▄▄████████████████████▄▄