Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 04:25:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: CoinsSource PoD and why I chose to sign up with Crypto Asian PoD instead!  (Read 3715 times)
judgecrypto (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 03:43:21 AM
Last edit: August 12, 2014, 04:29:29 AM by judgecrypto

First of all let me say that with all the scam coins that have been released lately I initially thought that the CoinsSource PoD was a good idea.  In fact, I think I was one of the first people to pay 30.00 for their premium membership.
What is bothering me is that the Coins Source statement on their site about Judge Coin is misleading....

It states "We contacted the developer(s) of this coin and they did not want to go through with verification"  (This is very misleading)

On July 29th, per the instructions on their site I sent in through email information on 5 of the 6 items they asked for, including...

Email Address – Verified Your Personal Email Address (1 point) -
Bitcointalk Forum ID – Verify byprivate message or post if the Account is Greater than 3 months old (1 point)
Social Media – verify by a Tweet, Post to Coins Source’s Timeline on Facebook or a Private message via Social media (1 points).
Mobile Phone – verify by text message (1 point). Send Text to 1-562-794-5097
Mailing address – verify by post card (we send a post card and you send us a code that will be on the post card via email) (1 point)

Since I have posted my personal information on the JudgeCoin.com website I was ok with providing this information.  I did have a problem with the last item, which is "State ID or License – send us a photograph of your drivers license (2 points). Attach your photo id to an email to Trustindex@coinssource.com".  As a copy of a drivers license is enough to fraudulently perform some acts of identity theft,
I simply asked in email "Can I send license with the license number blacked out?" which was denied.

As I work in IT I am familiar with data protection standards like HIPPA and PCI.  When I inquired about CoinsSource data protection policy I was brushed off with something about the data is on an encrypted server.  If you all remember even large corporations have security breaches.  CoinsSource is now compiling developer data that is being sent over email, which is an insecure for transport of sensitive information.   What happens if their email account is hacked?  That hacker would now have copies of photo identification of all developers who participated in their PoD program.  When I asked for their data protection policy I was directed to their generic privacy statement on their website, which I feel is hardly adequate.

When I signed up on the site made it was made to appear that the only way to get PoD through Coins Source was to pay a monthly subscription.  This seemed sleezy to me.  When I protested on their thread I was offered and received a refund. (Thanks).

I chose to sign up with Crypto Asian's PoD because he thought out the process and presented a fair way for me to identify my identity without compromising my personal security.  In the end I sent a notarized statement to Crypto Asian verifying my name, address, and phone number.  The notary is certified by the state and can be verified.  By doing the verification this way my photo identification is checked but not compromised.  To his credit Crypto Asian charges NOTHING for this service.

If Coins Source will accept the same Notarized statement that Crypto Asian did, along with my ALREADY submitted 5/6 items Judge Coin should be listed as 7 Stars (Photo ID counts as 2 points)...

http://cryptoasian.com/judge-judgecoin/

PS... How did Bitcoin get 7 stars?  Did Satoshi Nakamoto send a copy of his drivers license?  Who is the Bitcoin dev who completed their PoD?  Maybe we should tell Newsweek? Smiley

Edit: Corrected number of items sent...
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Grifftech2k4

Activity: 210

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 03:50:06 AM

CoinSource are a bunch of sleaze bags
teamlottowin

Activity: 224

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2014, 04:20:40 AM

+1 for CryptoAsian

Buy Adidas with Crypto: https://shop.moolah.io/Buzz
networkcoinage

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2014, 05:00:41 AM

Personally, I think Coins Source's Trust Index Platform ( http://www.coinssource.com/trust-index/ )blows away cryptoasian's POD. I'm free to have that opinion aren't I judge?

judgecrypto (OP)

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 05:49:51 AM

Personally, I think Coins Source's Trust Index Platform ( http://www.coinssource.com/trust-index/ )blows away cryptoasian's POD. I'm free to have that opinion aren't I judge?

The coolest part is how Bitcoin got a 7 Star PoD rating since a copy of ID is required.  They should tell Newsweek they verified Satoshi Nakamoto. LOL

Technically I wonder how Bitcoin got ANY stars in that rating system?  I highly doubt a mobile number was provided.  If CoinsSource throws around 7 Star ratings when they feel like it and does not follow their own rules, how can you trust them to be the maintainers of trust?
judgecrypto (OP)

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 06:30:36 AM

The coolest part is how Bitcoin got a 7 Star PoD rating since a copy of ID is required.  They should tell Newsweek they verified Satoshi Nakamoto. LOL

Technically I wonder how Bitcoin got ANY stars in that rating system?  I highly doubt a mobile number was provided.  If CoinsSource throws around 7 Star ratings when they feel like it and does not follow their own rules, how can you trust them to be the maintainers of trust?

Satoshi Nakamoto is not the current developer of Bitcoin so you don't need to verify Satoshi Nakamoto...

The point I was making was that Bitcoin was given 7 Stars.  Did Coins Source follow their own rules in attributing 7 stars?  Which Bitcoin devs actually submitted their photo ID to coins source?  I highly doubt they did.
Mastermine

Activity: 440
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 06:52:12 AM

https://twitter.com/BitEXtra/status/498754357773762560

This twitter post was made prior to Judge Crypto creating this page.  As you can see I tried to mention this very similar thing on the CoinsSource JudgeCoin page to at least let users who click on JudgeCoin know the TRUTH since they are trying to label Judge with a clearly false label. (check my reply tweet it was later deleted or check coinssource the judgecoin page no longer has my post)

Its not that I dont agree with what they are accomplishing as far as verifying developers and there stories.  There platform is in fact a decent platform and I do like the website itself.  I just dont agree with how they are going about it.  Putting a standardized label on coins that are in no way risky just because they refuse to pay is ridiculous.  

The information was already sent to them the time spent arguing and deleting my post could have been spent adding stars to Judge.  Especially since they are going to claim they reached out to JudgeCrypto and he refused? They did no reaching out, and the refusal was to pay or submit his ID. NOT a refusal to be verified.

This is clearly a horribad way to go about this.  Anyone who thinks otherwise is just blind to the facts IMO
BlackMarketKarma

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

Cyclical economic ebb and flow.

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 02:45:35 PM

Well, there's two sides to every story. I get the feeling your tenor and that of CoinsSource's might not mesh regarding the aforementioned events, particularly the part where everything.   I'm guessing Bitcoin got seven stars because, regardless of the criteria now..I am going to go out on a limb and say that Bitcoin and the blockchain protocol are the reason this discussion and thread exist right now. If that fact alone doesn't suffice, perhaps compounded with the realization that, proof-of-CONCEPT not withstanding, not one coin is close to ready to start having us think it might be ready to take the reigns and sit in the BTCig BTCoy chair..if there's only seven stars to fill, that gets seven from me any day.

@Grifftech2k4..give me a fucking break, there's COUNTLESS actual "sleaze-bags" in this community that I would't walk across the street to piss on their head if it were on fire... it seems you've had your logic and reasoning removed some time ago if that's something you even remotely believe to be true. By the way, nice addition to the discussion you waste of space and breath.
cinnamon_carter
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

It's about time -- All merrit accepted !!!

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2014, 02:06:47 AM

anyone who is involved with these services is suspect in my opinion,

in particular mr crypto asian

look at a lot of the coins, familiar themes

self moderated topics to keep the truth from getting out

big ipo's some sell out for hundreds of bitcoin to 5.0 rated devs only to dive over 95%+ in value

i wrote an article about why this concept is flawed and am doing research for a big follow up to maybe expose some (criminal imo) activity

https://cryptocointalk.com/topic/14773-how-to-avoid-scam-coins-and-why-proof-of-developer-is-not-the-answer/

Check out my coin Photon
Merge Mine 5 other Blake 256 coins - 6x your hash power  https://www.blakecoin.org/

The obvious choice is not always the best choice.

LOOK DEEPER - Look into the Blake 256 Family -- CC
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: