Bitcoin Forum
May 20, 2024, 12:14:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Representing The Warehouse Group NZ, looking for information.  (Read 677 times)
jogillette (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2014, 11:35:36 AM

Hi there,

My name is Joseph Gillette and I am doing some investigation on behalf of Torpedo7 LTD and The Warehouse Group - New Zealand LTD. We are considering developing an online coin similar to BitCoin, that can be used online as credit towards purchases on our NZ website, and on Amazon.com for internationl users. We are in the very early stages of marketing campaign development, for a campaign due to run half way through 2015.

At this stage I am simply introducing myself to this forum and community, and looking for any input, discussion, advice, and opinions on this idea. I will be writing a proposal to present to T7 and TWG in the next two weeks, and anything discussed here will likely be included.

Thanks, I look forward to discussing this with you all.

Regards,

Joseph Gillette

Market Research
Torpedo7 LTD
jtgillette223@gmail.com
ethought
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 01:25:44 PM

Hi there,

My name is Joseph Gillette and I am doing some investigation on behalf of Torpedo7 LTD and The Warehouse Group - New Zealand LTD. We are considering developing an online coin similar to BitCoin, that can be used online as credit towards purchases on our NZ website, and on Amazon.com for internationl users. We are in the very early stages of marketing campaign development, for a campaign due to run half way through 2015.

At this stage I am simply introducing myself to this forum and community, and looking for any input, discussion, advice, and opinions on this idea. I will be writing a proposal to present to T7 and TWG in the next two weeks, and anything discussed here will likely be included.

Thanks, I look forward to discussing this with you all.

Regards,

Joseph Gillette

Market Research
Torpedo7 LTD
jtgillette223@gmail.com

Welcome to the forum  Smiley

jogillette (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2014, 12:10:31 AM

Thank you!

We are particularly interested in what kind of benefits the community would like to see, and how they would be used.
We are thinking of putting a value to the coin to a percentile value of a purchase at one of our vendors.

There are so many coins out there, we don't want to jump into this being exactly the same as everyone else, with no purpose.

How good would it be if you could use your coin for discounts on purchases?
What else would you like to use coin for, and how?
cryptopaths

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Crypto Knight

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 12:12:36 AM

Thank you!

We are particularly interested in what kind of benefits the community would like to see, and how they would be used.
We are thinking of putting a value to the coin to a percentile value of a purchase at one of our vendors.

There are so many coins out there, we don't want to jump into this being exactly the same as everyone else, with no purpose.

How good would it be if you could use your coin for discounts on purchases?
What else would you like to use coin for, and how?

Would your coin be a remodeled version/a clone of the bitcoin code or are you creating unique code for your coin?
jogillette (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2014, 12:26:14 AM

Would your coin be a remodeled version/a clone of the bitcoin code or are you creating unique code for your coin?

If we decide to go ahead with development, we will be hiring a technical team to develop the coin, as my personal knowledge is limited.
All these kinds of things are the things I am to discuss, and come to some decisions to present in my report.

From my basic understanding, I think we are leaning towards creating a unique coin. Perhaps you could explain some pros and cons of each, and your opinion on what you would use?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: