Bitcoin Forum
July 07, 2024, 05:32:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoiners unite! The power of the vote!  (Read 655 times)
Merriweather (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 02:57:09 PM

I propose creating a database and actively seeking the positions of our public officials (local, state, federal) on bitcoin and systematically adding them to a public database that anyone (bitcoiner or otherwise) can reference before casting any local state or federal votes. After that we must ALL vote in our city,state and federal elections. We don't have to stand by idly and wait and see what they do with regard to legislation. We should make ourselves heard. If we don't we only have ourselves to blame for heavy handed legislation. They should be put on full notice that we are mobilizing.  BTW, them not stating a position should be viewed as unfavorable for an otherwise "competent"  ELECTED official on such an important economic issue. Also, them not knowing what bitcoin even is at this point should also compel us to question their ability to lead us into the future. This is not about trying to pimp them into liking bitcoin, its simply about disclosure and us casting a unified vote accordingly.  We have considerable power if we stand together.  We should mobilize and mobilize now before they screw this thing up.  Them simply being on notice that we are mobilizing would be a great start to protecting ourselves against self interest and big bank influence.  This would require a bipartisan effort which I think most bitcoiners are capable of. I would like to hear what you guys think.  Please comment.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: