Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:15:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: More Subforum Suggestions  (Read 928 times)
dree12 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1077

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 05:01:59 PM

Some of these are recycled from previously denied suggestions. I have included justification for the creation of each subboard.

• Bitcoin → Bitcoin Discussion → Security
    Discussion about Bitcoin-related security best practices.

Not to be confused with Marketplace → Securities. A search for "Security" in Bitcoin Discussion turns up over 40 pages, most of them that would fit in a Security subboard. A Security subboard would focus security-conscious people, increasing collaboration and producing useful content that can help anyone from the average Bitcoin user to a multinational Bitcoin exchange.

• Economy → Adoption
    Discussion about vendors and companies that have begun to accept Bitcoin, factors promoting or hindering Bitcoin adoption, and other related topics.

Discussion about, for example, Dell's acceptance of Bitcoin does not easily fit into any one category. Some discussion occurs in the Press topic, some in the Bitcoin Discussion topic, and some scattered elsewhere. Discussion in places such as Bitcoin Discussion tends to be stale, with a large proportion of posts adding little to the topic. A new Adoption subboard would enable a small corps of users interested in furthering Bitcoin adoption to produce focused and intelligent discussion of Bitcoin adoption.

• Economy → Marketplace → Brick-and-Mortar
    Discussion about using Bitcoin in physical locations.

Despite overlap with Marketplace and the other proposed Adoption subboard, there are specific topics that are relevant only to brick-and-mortar shops, for example discussion about zero-confirm transactions or point-of-sale software. Interest in brick-and-mortar is sufficiently high to justify a subboard (see http://coinmap.org for a count of brick-and-mortar locations). Currently, the Marketplace main board is too flooded with online properties to be useful for potential brick-and-mortar adopters.

In general, I believe that creating subboards is a good thing because:

• It focuses people who are interested in that specific topic.
  • Level of discourse in larger boards degrades into short, "I agree", "Awesome", etc. style posts, mostly because the interests covered by that board are too broad, and some users post despite lack of interest.

Subboards should be created when interest in a field is sufficiently large, and the current location for discussing the field is flooded with topics that are mostly outside the interest of the potential users of the subboard.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dree12 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1077

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 04:25:33 PM

I am dismayed that there is no discussion of this proposal. The creation of new subforums will benefit everyone on these forums, not only the niche interested in that particular subforum. It will further collaboration and elevate the level of discourse by organizing people of similar interests together.

This will reduce the number of "Me too", "+1", etc. posts that continue to litter the forums despite moderators' attempts to crack down on them, by digging to and fixing the root of the problem: for some users, there is an urge to talk and yet nothing interesting to talk about.
BitCoinDream
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1204

The revolution will be digital

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 04:31:29 PM

I was thinking about creating a topic on sub-forum request. But as u have already created one, lets discuss here.

My suggestion would be to add an adult section under marketplace as we are witnessing multiple adult vendors under services, off-topic and in few other sub-forum.

keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 05:33:23 PM

I was thinking about creating a topic on sub-forum request. But as u have already created one, lets discuss here.

My suggestion would be to add an adult section under marketplace as we are witnessing multiple adult vendors under services, off-topic and in few other sub-forum.

This here is not a bad idea...I think it would work well...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: