Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 06:10:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ebola the trigger for martial law?  (Read 2754 times)
spazzdla (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 05:26:45 PM

http://www.forbes.com/sites/scottgottlieb/2014/08/12/if-ebola-arrives-in-america-some-controversial-tools-could-be-used-to-stop-it/

Think this will be used to instant martial law?  IMO in a few small areas to get americans ready for all out martial law when we start our moronic war with the BRICs.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 1217

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 05:32:17 PM

Ebola is not an airborne disease. It is spread only through body fluids. So that makes Ebola less contagious than the other airborne diseases such as Tuberculosis and Influenza. Therefore, I don't think sufficient justification exists for declaring the martial law.
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 05:34:07 PM

Ebola is not an airborne disease. It is spread only through body fluids. So that makes Ebola less contagious than the other airborne diseases such as Tuberculosis and Influenza. Therefore, I don't think sufficient justification exists for declaring the martial law.
Might be handy around the time of elections, November 2014.
spazzdla (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1722

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 05:47:02 PM

Look.. the average person believes what ever the fancy colour TV tells them..
I believe right now if Obama went on TV and said Martial Law was needed to stop the bees from dying over 50% of people would be for it.
pungopete468

Activity: 1470
Merit: 504

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 06:04:02 PM

Look.. the average person believes what ever the fancy colour TV tells them..
I believe right now if Obama went on TV and said Martial Law was needed to stop the bees from dying over 50% of people would be for it.

This is so sad but true. It would be at least a full 7 days before an appreciable voice of discontent was heard...

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 07:12:07 PM

This bodily fluids stuff is an interesting one. I think if on the tube someone sneezing at me I can get some bodily fluids... Or saliva doesn't count ?
Balthazar
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1359

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 07:44:53 PM
Last edit: August 12, 2014, 08:33:35 PM by Balthazar

Asymptomatic carriers and people within incubation period are able to infect other people through blood transfusion or sexual intercourse, because their blood and seminal fluid have high concentration of virus particles.

Saliva or perspiration doesn't contain enough concentration of virus particles... Unless it's contaminated with blood, it will contain something closer to 1 virus per 2 litres of saliva. And don't forget that saliva and perspiration contain antibodies which are able to neutralize virus particles. Roll Eyes That's the reason why asymptomatic carriers and other infected people without symptoms are relatively safe.

But if they develop the symptoms then saliva and perspiration will always have at least some traces of blood due to hemorregic nature of the desease.

Tzupy
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1074

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 08:57:08 PM

Saliva appears to inactivate the virus, it's PCR positive but culture negative, possibly due to enzymes.
Breast milk is the most dangerous, also semen and tears. Perspiration itself is negative, but it could be contaminated with blood.

Sometimes, if it looks too bullish, it's actually bearish
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 07:16:51 AM

This bodily fluids stuff is an interesting one. I think if on the tube someone sneezing at me I can get some bodily fluids... Or saliva doesn't count ?

Unfortunately, that is the case. If an infected person sneezes close to you, then there is a good chance that you will get infected. That is because as the disease progresses to the advanced stages, blood gets mixed with mucus, which makes even sneezing highly contagious.

During the Ebola outbreak of 2001 in Uganda, the most senior doctor there, Dr. Matthew Lukwiya got infected an later died of the disease after a patient named Simon Ajok sneezed close to him.
jaberwock
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1073

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 07:32:54 AM

Maybe if we see a lab made natural modification of the Ebola that spreads by the air.

I remember in the X-files an airbone disease would be used to justify martial law before the alien invasion

Predictbtc

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 10:32:35 AM

Read this:
Code:
http://www.thehindu.com/news/international/world/ok-to-use-untested-ebola-drugs-in-outbreak-who/article6311500.ece
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 03:58:11 PM

Maybe if we see a lab made natural modification of the Ebola that spreads by the air.

I don't think Ebola can be mutated enough to make it spread through the air. You can't just mutate viruses like that. Can the HIV virus can be modified to make it spread through air? No. Same with the Ebola virus.
pungopete468

Activity: 1470
Merit: 504

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 10:55:21 PM

I don't think Ebola can be mutated enough to make it spread through the air. You can't just mutate viruses like that. Can the HIV virus can be modified to make it spread through air? No. Same with the Ebola virus.

You could hypothetically use genetic engineering to make a hybrid clone between two different viruses which would have similar traits to both parent viruses... But why would anyone want to do that?

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
coinits
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1019

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 10:59:21 PM

http://healthmap.org/en/ is predicting an ebola outbreak in the USA within 10 days. It predicted the outbreak in Africa 9 days prior so it works. Confirmed cases in NYC. It is loose and it is aerosol.

Jump you fuckers! | The thing about smart motherfuckers is they sound like crazy motherfuckers to dumb motherfuckers. | My sig space for rent for 0.01 btc per week.
coinits
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1019

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 11:00:30 PM

You could hypothetically use genetic engineering to make a hybrid clone between two different viruses which would have similar traits to both parent viruses... But why would anyone want to do that?

Ever hear of the Georgia Guidestones? These globalist power tripping fascists want the world population reduced to 500K. That is a fact.

Jump you fuckers! | The thing about smart motherfuckers is they sound like crazy motherfuckers to dumb motherfuckers. | My sig space for rent for 0.01 btc per week.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 05:33:25 AM

A hybrid between two viruses? That is not possible, IMO. Or our science is not that advanced. Can you give me any example of an incident in which two different viruses were hybridized?
kuroman

Activity: 588
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 03:43:43 PM

But keep in mind that the areas where it's preading right now are very hot and very humid, hence a lot of body liquid being produced by the people there and can be easily transfered and you have to add to this the customs and believes in some areas and the lack of education makes things worse. (example, people freeing quaranted member of familly and takinbg

I believe that if the rate on which this disease is spreading in a certain area exceeds a certain rate and not declining, I believe it is necessary to trigger martial law, Ebola right now is no joke
kuusj98

Activity: 812

I <3 VW Beetles

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 04:12:06 PM

But keep in mind that the areas where it's preading right now are very hot and very humid, hence a lot of body liquid being produced by the people there and can be easily transfered and you have to add to this the customs and believes in some areas and the lack of education makes things worse. (example, people freeing quaranted member of familly and takinbg

I believe that if the rate on which this disease is spreading in a certain area exceeds a certain rate and not declining, I believe it is necessary to trigger martial law, Ebola right now is no joke
Why are they not mass producing the expirimental cure? We are letting it spin out of control!
kuroman

Activity: 588
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 04:20:45 PM

Why are they not mass producing the expirimental cure? We are letting it spin out of control!

You can't mass produce an experimental cure, and even after years and once it is confirmed not to be working properly with no side effect or least without any dangerous ones, it will take time, to put in place the industrial process to mass produce it especially if it's a complex medicine which is likely the case due to the fact that to this day and age we don't have any real medicine to counter it

Obviously they are other factors I didn't mentions, such Patents, Pharmaceutical income, international medical laws, ect ect
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 04:54:02 PM

I don't know... the epidemic shows no sign of slowing down... and the affected countries have declared cordon sanitaire in many of the affected villages.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/13/science/using-a-tactic-unseen-in-a-century-countries-cordon-off-ebola-racked-areas.html?_r=0

It send chills up my spine, just when I think what would have happened if I had been a resident in any of those villages.

If the infection spreads to the US, will they declare cordon sanitaire?

Reminds me of a Hollywood movie, which I saw recently (The Crazies?). 
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: