Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 03:11:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Latest miners? What are you using? What's good? What to stay away from?  (Read 4657 times)
promojo (OP)

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 05:24:58 PM

Anyone know anything about these folks: http://eliteasic.com/ eliteASIC?

They list a couple SHA-256 miners with competitive specs for power/GH and $/GH (2.2TH/s and 4.4 TH/s). It appears they have been around only since March of this year. Google and searches on here haven't been very helpful. Most of Google's hits are from the company.

First post, so Hello everyone  Smiley
Hello and welcome.  Do NOT send your money there.  There is no such miner.  Even if there was such hardware, the prices are way too high to be competitive.  For example, the Spondoolies-Tech SP30 is $3895 for 4.5TH/s.  You won't get one until the end of September/October, though.  There's a list of hardware manufacturers compiled by dogie.  Take a look at it here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=456691.0.

Doing some more research on eliteasic.com:

==
Whois Server Version 2.0

Domain names in the .com and .net domains can now be registered
with many different competing registrars. Go to http://www.internic.net
for detailed information.

Domain Name: ELITEASIC.COM
   Registrar: PDR LTD. D/B/A PUBLICDOMAINREGISTRY.COM
   Whois Server: whois.PublicDomainRegistry.com
   Referral URL: http://www.PublicDomainRegistry.com
   Name Server: NS1.ITITCH.COM
   Name Server: NS2.ITITCH.COM
   Name Server: NS3.ITITCH.COM
   Name Server: NS4.ITITCH.COM
   Updated Date: 21-may-2014
   Creation Date: 21-may-2014
   Expiration Date: 21-may-2015
==

I goto ITITCH.com and find out it is some hokey bitcoin webhosting company.  Bad website too.   Did a whois on them... They opened up September 2012....  Not too credible and not to mention they make all of their information private which is even worse and less street cred.

cloverme
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1057

SpacePirate.io

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2014, 01:45:23 AM

Yeah, lots of scam sites out there.... I think if you stick to the well known guys, you'll be fine.  For me, until efficiency returns to mining hardware for bitcoin, I've switch over to scrypt in the short term.  If BTC goes back into the 800 range, I'll probably switch back.  For now I'm making 6x more in Scrypt with the same $ invested in mining equipment.

promojo (OP)

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 06:31:34 PM

Yeah, lots of scam sites out there.... I think if you stick to the well known guys, you'll be fine.  For me, until efficiency returns to mining hardware for bitcoin, I've switch over to scrypt in the short term.  If BTC goes back into the 800 range, I'll probably switch back.  For now I'm making 6x more in Scrypt with the same $ invested in mining equipment.

So... I just ordered 2-SP31's.   Totalling 11TH/s.  I am excited about this.  I think that is enough power to start for now.
TheJuice

Activity: 841
Merit: 608

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 07:24:40 PM

Pls guys, do NOT BUY hardware, lets take a look the calculation,

Antminer S3!!!, it seems cheapest mining hardware in the world.

Assuming you will mine with this device for one year. Because after a year, hardware mines nothing because of diff rise.

Lets calculate the how much it costs..

0.68 BTC for 441 GHS.

340 watt for 441 GHS = (0.34kwh/441ghs)*0.15$/kwh*24*365/(550$/BTC) = 0.00183 btc/ghs in one year energy cost with 0.15 $ / kwh

0.68/441 = 0.00154 btc/ghs comes from order
0.00183 btc/ghs comes energy cost

PSU : lets say, 75$ to 150$ ----> lets take 75$/441/550$/BTC = 0.00031 btc/ghs

TOTAL COST IN ONE YEAR

0.00154 + 0.00183 + 0.00031 = 0.00368 BTC/ghs = 2.02 $ / ghs @ 550$/btc

and you cannot make ROI with, 0.00368 btc/ghs .. never..

Some advise for you, just try cloud mining services with has no fee policy. Just like http://pbmining.com with prices 0.0029 btc/ghs for five years..

hardware mining is useless at the moment.

LOL, dude. Your calcs are just plain wrong. You did not account for anything related to revenue. In reality miners are priced based on expected difficulty increase. Right now around 10-12% is the break even point for buying mining equipment. If we increase by less than 12 on average you see profit.

promojo (OP)

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 07:30:13 PM

LOL, dude. Your calcs are just plain wrong. You did not account for anything related to revenue. In reality miners are priced based on expected difficulty increase. Right now around 10-12% is the break even point for buying mining equipment. If we increase by less than 12 on average you see profit.

I think we just saw a 20% diff increase this week.
MichaelBliss

Activity: 526
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 07:35:05 PM

How much are you paying for power and do you have a PSU already?  I think it's risky, but possible to make a return by mining if you don't fall for one of the many scams!
promojo (OP)

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 07:37:19 PM

How much are you paying for power and do you have a PSU already?  I think it's risky, but possible to make a return by mining if you don't fall for one of the many scams!

Pay essentially nothing for living in Canada.  The PSUs are already in the miner.  2-1500W PSUs.  3000W total.

pumaro

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 01:16:54 AM

I got a call from cointerra today basically because I was one of the suckers that preordered from them last year. He first asked me how my miners were running and I told him I had to sell them all 5 of them three months ago because they were a huge POS. They consumed 50% more power and ran 50% slower than promised. They were very unreliable and super noisy.
So he went on to try to sell 5 more of them for ~$3700 per unit. They said they run at 2TH now and consume 2600watts...I said 2600 watts!?!?!? are you kidding me? I told him no way and check out the bitmaintech antminers. much better deal.

You can buy 6TH worth of antminers for the price of one Cointerra 2TH ($3700 plus shipping =~$4000) and it will use less power/per gh and run cooler and more reliable and quieter. Basically 3x the hashpower for the same price.

DrG
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 03:08:31 AM

I got a call from cointerra today basically because I was one of the suckers that preordered from them last year. He first asked me how my miners were running and I told him I had to sell them all 5 of them three months ago because they were a huge POS. They consumed 50% more power and ran 50% slower than promised. They were very unreliable and super noisy.
So he went on to try to sell 5 more of them for ~$3700 per unit. They said they run at 2TH now and consume 2600watts...I said 2600 watts!?!?!? are you kidding me? I told him no way and check out the bitmaintech antminers. much better deal.

You can buy 6TH worth of antminers for the price of one Cointerra 2TH ($3700 plus shipping =~$4000) and it will use less power/per gh and run cooler and more reliable and quieter. Basically 3x the hashpower for the same price.

They must be taking a page from BFL playbook.  Several of us previous BFL customers got calls from a call center letting us know about about a 20% discount when they had finished their 65nm backlog.  I told the rep about how horrible the entire ordeal was - he asked if I would be interested in placing an order.... then silence for 30 seconds  Shocked
promojo (OP)

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 03:51:02 PM

The one I ordered will do 5.5TH/s @ 3000Watt...   Cointerra is smoking a little too much of something here...  Don't you think?

spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 03:53:10 PM

Bitmaintech or rockminers IMO.

Pre order is the best way to get screwed.
promojo (OP)

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 03:54:55 PM

Bitmaintech or rockminers IMO.

Pre order is the best way to get screwed.

Yes but in some circumstances pre-order is the only way you can go in order to get the product.

promojo (OP)

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 04:42:48 PM

They must be taking a page from BFL playbook.  Several of us previous BFL customers got calls from a call center letting us know about about a 20% discount when they had finished their 65nm backlog.  I told the rep about how horrible the entire ordeal was - he asked if I would be interested in placing an order.... then silence for 30 seconds  Shocked

Sorry - is BFL ButterFly Labs?  How are they doing these days anyway regarding miners?

DrG
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 07:38:55 PM

Sorry - is BFL ButterFly Labs?  How are they doing these days anyway regarding miners?

Yes BFL is Butterfly Labs.  Guess the company is doing pretty well since nobody is in prison.  The customers on the other hand...$4600 for a miner that will earn 0.44BTC over it's lifetime assuming free electricity...
promojo (OP)

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 07:46:04 PM

Yes BFL is Butterfly Labs.  Guess the company is doing pretty well since nobody is in prison.  The customers on the other hand...$4600 for a miner that will earn 0.44BTC over it's lifetime assuming free electricity...

That is absolutely crazy.   Yeah their site looks essentially the same as it did last year.   That card is a complete rip off IMHO.
johny08
Legendary

Activity: 1045

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 11:05:45 AM

Anyone know anything about these folks: http://eliteasic.com/ eliteASIC?

They list a couple SHA-256 miners with competitive specs for power/GH and $/GH (2.2TH/s and 4.4 TH/s). It appears they have been around only since March of this year. Google and searches on here haven't been very helpful. Most of Google's hits are from the company.

First post, so Hello everyone  Smiley
Hello and welcome.  Do NOT send your money there.  There is no such miner.  Even if there was such hardware, the prices are way too high to be competitive.  For example, the Spondoolies-Tech SP30 is $3895 for 4.5TH/s.  You won't get one until the end of September/October, though.  There's a list of hardware manufacturers compiled by dogie.  Take a look at it here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=456691.0.

Doing some more research on eliteasic.com:

==
Whois Server Version 2.0

Domain names in the .com and .net domains can now be registered
with many different competing registrars. Go to http://www.internic.net
for detailed information.

Domain Name: ELITEASIC.COM
   Registrar: PDR LTD. D/B/A PUBLICDOMAINREGISTRY.COM
   Whois Server: whois.PublicDomainRegistry.com
   Referral URL: http://www.PublicDomainRegistry.com
   Name Server: NS1.ITITCH.COM
   Name Server: NS2.ITITCH.COM
   Name Server: NS3.ITITCH.COM
   Name Server: NS4.ITITCH.COM
   Updated Date: 21-may-2014
   Creation Date: 21-may-2014
   Expiration Date: 21-may-2015
==

I goto ITITCH.com and find out it is some hokey bitcoin webhosting company.  Bad website too.   Did a whois on them... They opened up September 2012....  Not too credible and not to mention they make all of their information private which is even worse and less street cred.

Steve Jeffries is behind the operation.

Founder eliteASIC • Studied at @UH Surfer and @Bitcoin lover.

He received 1 Million dollar from investors

https://angel.co/stevejeffrieshi

I quite sure, they are using the same boards and chips from sp. However i would never order miners from a company without telefonnumber hahahaha
seriouscoin

Activity: 658

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 03:13:42 PM

OP which city in Canada are you from?

promojo (OP)

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 04:32:16 AM

OP which city in Canada are you from?

I am from Winnipeg.  You?
spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 10:27:35 PM

Go go Ontario!! :O lol.  Also, bitmaintech.com or rockminer.com  bought from both, all worked, quick delivery. Still working actually, 4 S1's, 2 S3's, 1 Rbox. 

I would recommend buying a bunch of BTC ATM though, perhaps a 70 BTC /30 Mining mix. 
MichaelBliss

Activity: 526

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 05:33:45 AM

Go go Ontario!! :O lol.  Also, bitmaintech.com or rockminer.com  bought from both, all worked, quick delivery. Still working actually, 4 S1's, 2 S3's, 1 Rbox. 

I would recommend buying a bunch of BTC ATM though, perhaps a 70 BTC /30 Mining mix. 

Yeah mining is a tough proposition at the moment unless you have really cheap electricity.   Diversifying and just holding btc seems wise.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: