Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 07:14:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: China Increases Arrests After Repatriating 20 to North Korea  (Read 738 times)
Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 10:15:41 PM

Cry

A group of North Korean defectors arrested last month in China were repatriated at the beginning of August, according to a diplomatic source.

“The group was repatriated via the Tumen River at the beginning of this month,” the source told Daily NK on August 12. He explained that repatriation procedure times vary but generally proceed a week after being taken into custody.

The 20 defectors, arrested by plainclothes security police in the Shandong and Yunnan Provinces of China, consist of four families, including a couple in their 60s, a baby, and others in their 20s and 30s.

Six Chinese guides assisting the group and a North Korean defector with South Korean citizenship were also apprehended at the time. “He will face charges in China but as far as we know will not be repatriated,” the source reported.

This incident closely follows another group repatriation, thought to have occurred at the end of July, of 11 people caught in Yanji and the nearby border town of Tumen.

China appears to be ramping up efforts to arrest North Korean defectors living there; the crackdown extends not only to recently defected individuals, but to those who have resided for longer periods of time in the country.

More...http://www.dailynk.com/english/read.php?num=12199&cataId=nk00100

As you're sitting there perusing BTCtalk and wanting to punch something because the price hasn't gone to the moon yet, just sit back and think what lies ahead for these unlucky and ill-fated people thanks to the glorious Chinese government. Translate that w/ the criminal elements and otherwise making their way into America along the open southern border thanks to President Zero. I'll answer my first comment for you: 5-10 years in hard labor or reeducation camps where you're fed the equivalent of a bowl of rice (if you're lucky) as your entire meal for the day, working yourself to the bone for 12-16 hrs a day, beaten like an animal, forcible abortions or worse. Some will never see another day of 'freedom' again living in the DPRK. And, this is just a small sample size I came across today. Think about the ~quarter million that are living in these camps right now and have been for years or all their lives. Now, go ahead and vent your own problems or concerns. Lips sealed
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 10:25:09 PM

Chinese are starting to complain about illegal North Koreans who are undercutting the Chinese wages, so I think that's the reason behind the arrests.

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 10:35:02 PM

Chinese are starting to complain about illegal North Koreans who are undercutting the Chinese wages, so I think that's the reason behind the arrests.

Interesting how that argument works in China and not in America. It's not like the people we should be deporting would be going to prison camps for life.
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 10:48:18 PM

Interesting how that argument works in China and not in America. It's not like the people we should be deporting would be going to prison camps for life.

There can be parallels.  The American War on Drugs is what makes the gangsters very wealthy and said gangsters are terrorizing entire areas of Mexico and Central America.  Many people have to cross dead bodies every morning to get to school and work in Central America.

China tolerating the fat kid who runs North Korea is comparable in a way, they make the Kims very wealthy at the expense of the rest of North Korea who are stuck in a perpetual gulag.

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: