Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 09:13:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: WTB Amazon gift cards (up to $500 in the next few days)  (Read 1037 times)
dgns (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 11:26:24 PM
Last edit: August 13, 2014, 08:47:34 AM by dgns

Hi everyone,

I'm interested in buying Amazon gift cards. I need up to $500 in the next few days.
Payment methods:
BTC or any other digital coins (will be purchased on demand)
Paypal (ideal for me)
other prepaid digital gift cards (PSN, XBOX, zeevex, etc)
other suggestions?

Also if you have lower denominations $20, $25 and up to $50 it would be ideal, so we can set up a way to do it.
I know that I'm new and have 0 reputation in this marketplace, but I have great credentials elsewhere and I can prove it, so the safety of the transaction(s) will be the least of your concerns.

Based on the amount I will pay up to 90% face value, but I need proof of being legit cards / e-cards. I would rather pay more and be safe than otherwise. Also I'm interested in an ongoing business for buying Amazon gcs.

Please pm with any offers.

Thanks
Thecoindude

Activity: 28

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 11:28:41 PM

not forget to use some escrow for your own safety
dgns (OP)

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 08:48:41 AM

Added some #s, hopefully more people will start taking a look at this. Thanks!
haploid23
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2014, 09:15:04 AM

Escrow only protects the immediate transaction, but does nothing for chargebacks.

Do NOT deal with newbs or someone with negative trust.

Mr Tea

Activity: 270
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 11:11:43 AM

Based on the amount I will pay up to 90% face value, but I need proof of being legit cards / e-cards. I would rather pay more and be safe than otherwise. Also I'm interested in an ongoing business for buying Amazon gcs.

What proof would satisfy you? There no real way to tell wether these have been carded somewhere down the line. If you do buy these you should know the risks, but if you buy one create a new amazon account and spend them as fast as possible so you don't get burnt.

Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3276
Merit: 4111

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 04:20:22 PM

I can sell any amount of amazon.com gift codes. However, you will either have to pay the fees for escrow or you send the full amount of Bitcoin before I purchase the amazon gift codes. If you would like me to prove that I did obtain them through a legit source, then I will order from amazon.com directly and have amazon email the codes directly to your email, thus confirming that they came from amazon. I'm willing to do this at 10% discount of face value, e.g $100 would be $90 in Bitcoin.

I only accept Bitcoin for the purchase.
MakeBelieve

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 04:21:24 PM

no one sell amazon code via paypal..I think its still possible to do a chargeback.

On a mission to make Bitcointalk.org Marketplace a safer place to Buy/Sell/Trade
dgns (OP)

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 02:49:10 AM

Without being disrespectful, I believe that a lot of people around here do not understand what chargebacks are when it comes to PP. A CB is when a when a bank sends PP a notice that a CC was either used w/o authorization or the buyer filed an INR or SNAD claim through their CC company. I will not use a CC and for each transaction I will be able to show a proof of that. Plus I'm going to use the personal transfer option, so there is virtually 0 chance of a claim either, since there is no sale to begin with. Plus PP per their User Agreement does NOT offer any kind of protection for gift cards, prepaid cards, coins, gold, intangible items and so on, which means that from a technical and legal standpoint even the sale of a gift card is not going to be eligible for either a claim or a CB originating from a bank, unless a CC was used w/o authorization. Plus I do have some solid credentials that would beat what most of people around here can show (especially since a lot of the accounts apparently are sold and resold and who knows what else), that is why I do no pay first, but I'm willing offer proof of my credentials, also to call the seller and within seconds of redeeming that gift card to make sure that the funds are in their PP account. I do have experience doing this as I am a regular purchaser of Amazon gift cards.
If anyone is interested, send me a pm with what you have, what you want and we'll take it from there. Thanks
Gyfts
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1514

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 03:01:39 AM

Without being disrespectful, I believe that a lot of people around here do not understand what chargebacks are when it comes to PP. A CB is when a when a bank sends PP a notice that a CC was either used w/o authorization or the buyer filed an INR or SNAD claim through their CC company. I will not use a CC and for each transaction I will be able to show a proof of that. Plus I'm going to use the personal transfer option, so there is virtually 0 chance of a claim either, since there is no sale to begin with. Plus PP per their User Agreement does NOT offer any kind of protection for gift cards, prepaid cards, coins, gold, intangible items and so on, which means that from a technical and legal standpoint even the sale of a gift card is not going to be eligible for either a claim or a CB originating from a bank, unless a CC was used w/o authorization. Plus I do have some solid credentials that would beat what most of people around here can show (especially since a lot of the accounts apparently are sold and resold and who knows what else), that is why I do no pay first, but I'm willing offer proof of my credentials, also to call the seller and within seconds of redeeming that gift card to make sure that the funds are in their PP account. I do have experience doing this as I am a regular purchaser of Amazon gift cards.
If anyone is interested, send me a pm with what you have, what you want and we'll take it from there. Thanks

You're so wrong. No justification to use PayPal here. You go online and file as "unauthorized access" and they'll refund you 100 percent of the time.
dgns (OP)

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 03:14:30 AM

You're so wrong. No justification to use PayPal here. You go online and file as "unauthorized access" and they'll refund you 100 percent of the time.

And PP will take my word for it and not do any checks, right? And don't give me the "proxy story", because I can tell you how you could have your account limited in under 2 minutes guaranteed. Plus there are multiple other elements that I would rather not mention that define an "access" and Paypal just happens to have one of the most advanced real-time fraud and unauthorized access detection systems in the industry. You are just making assumptions. If you want to hear what I have to say about "irreversible" transactions, I could just say this (and I'm neither pointing fingers nor accusing anybody of anything) - I believe that a lot of people prefer these for one or more very obvious reasons only and we all know what I'm talking about.
dgns (OP)

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 08:51:21 AM

What proof would satisfy you? There no real way to tell wether these have been carded somewhere down the line. If you do buy these you should know the risks, but if you buy one create a new amazon account and spend them as fast as possible so you don't get burnt.

There are multiple ways in which someone can prove that their merchandise is legitimate. A very simple example that will get you 90% face value from me would be a cash receipt that matches your gc's unique # (not claim code). Again, I will pay one of the highest rates but that comes with strings attached, and if your stuff is legitimate why shouldn't you go for the highest price? For lower quality, depending of potential risks I will pay less, but still above the typical 70% (or less) face value around here.
Gyfts
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1514

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 09:13:48 AM

And PP will take my word for it and not do any checks, right? And don't give me the "proxy story", because I can tell you how you could have your account limited in under 2 minutes guaranteed. Plus there are multiple other elements that I would rather not mention that define an "access" and Paypal just happens to have one of the most advanced real-time fraud and unauthorized access detection systems in the industry. You are just making assumptions. If you want to hear what I have to say about "irreversible" transactions, I could just say this (and I'm neither pointing fingers nor accusing anybody of anything) - I believe that a lot of people prefer these for one or more very obvious reasons only and we all know what I'm talking about.

Clearly you have not been a victim of chargeback then if you think PayPal actually checks IP logs. Unauthorized access doesn't always mean a guy from Thailand took access to your account, so IP logs can sometimes become irrelevant. To come on here with no deals (doesn't matter what alias you can claim on other sites), that poses risk. You really don't need to tell me how an account becomes limited, because it happens frequently, so it's not sensitive information there. I'm not trying to be hostile, I'm letting other know of dangers and perhaps provoke some thought before trading with anyone. Not cherry picking you out here nor attempting to call you a scammer. From what I have noticed, there has been an influx of users selling Amazon gift cards, including buying. Some are legitimate, some are not so it's best everyone keeps an open eye and mind. Myself as well not calling anyone out, just everyone be safe, and you too good luck on your search for Amazon. Me personally, I will end it here, and not cause clutter to your thread. 
Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 03:31:30 PM

Due to the relentless wave of gift card scams, one should automatically assume that these cards have been obtained fraudulently and that they will be revoked/cancelled some time after taking delivery. Purchase at your own risk.

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
dgns (OP)

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 07:59:48 PM

Clearly you have not been a victim of chargeback then if you think PayPal actually checks IP logs. Unauthorized access doesn't always mean a guy from Thailand took access to your account, so IP logs can sometimes become irrelevant. To come on here with no deals (doesn't matter what alias you can claim on other sites), that poses risk. You really don't need to tell me how an account becomes limited, because it happens frequently, so it's not sensitive information there. I'm not trying to be hostile, I'm letting other know of dangers and perhaps provoke some thought before trading with anyone. Not cherry picking you out here nor attempting to call you a scammer. From what I have noticed, there has been an influx of users selling Amazon gift cards, including buying. Some are legitimate, some are not so it's best everyone keeps an open eye and mind. Myself as well not calling anyone out, just everyone be safe, and you too good luck on your search for Amazon. Me personally, I will end it here, and not cause clutter to your thread.  

Gyfts,with all due respect, you really do not know what you're talking about when it comes to PP and Amazon. Also you seem to put everything in the same pot: chargebacks, reversed transactions (initiated by PP alone) etc and even limited account activity. With a verified account, not a disposable one (like most of the people in the fraud business are using), even with a negligent PP approach to a particular claim, you simply can't get away with filing claims for whatever reasons. Every time someone files a claim even if it ends up being decided in their favour, their risk profile with PP is elevated and the next one becomes a much more difficult and so on, even if that user is actually the one being victimized. Stupid or dishonest at some point you'd be more of a liability than an asset. As far as "unauthorized access" goes, this is one of the most difficult to prove from a user standpoint, because involves a lot more than just an IP, and I will stop here because this is not common knowledge and a lot of less-than-genuine users would probably give up one finger to know it.
I appreciate your intention to stir up an "academic debate", but you know very little about PP, real-time monitoring (not just some after the fact logs) and the complex algorithms used in fraud and unauthorized access/use. What you seem to have is a very personal, less informed view of how Paypal operates and the risks associated with using it. Again, I do not endorse Paypal, Amazon or any other company, they are all a mix of good and bad apples, but to say that PP is a no-no it's just completely wrong. Also regardless of the payments platform, how you are doing a transaction and so on, you should keep in mind that at each end there is a human(-like) entity with more or less elastic morals, proclivity to behave in a certain way, really impossible to assess even based on previous experiences, so yes, every transactions has its own risk / reward profile and everybody should be very aware that nothing is 100% certain.
dgns (OP)

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 08:08:04 PM

Due to the relentless wave of gift card scams, one should automatically assume that these cards have been obtained fraudulently and that they will be revoked/cancelled some time after taking delivery. Purchase at your own risk.

I believe that you are mostly right, but I'm willing to evaluate each case on its own merits
BareMonk

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 08:19:13 PM

I can help with this if you are willing to trade via bitcoins.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: