Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 12:41:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Hiding IP  (Read 2121 times)
CryptShark (OP)

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 02:18:30 AM

if your IP is hidden what happens if you ping your original IP? Request Timeout?
blumangroup

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

'Slow and steady wins the race'

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 02:31:23 AM

Your original IP doesn't disappear when you use a proxy or VPN, it's just masked. So what happens is you ping from your OG IP, the signal goes through your proxy or VPN and then hits your OG IP again. The ping time will be higher, but it will work nonetheless.

At least that's how I imagine it works.

cloudthink.io   

Truly Profitable Investment Packages
Custom-Built ASIC Miners ● #1 Self-Sustainable Bitcoin Mining Service in the World ●
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 3084

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2014, 02:33:52 AM

if your IP is hidden what happens if you ping your original IP? Request Timeout?

Depends on your ISP.

Your original IP will still exist.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soonish!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 02:53:45 AM

As an aside, wouldn't pinging your proxied IP address strongly link "you" to the proxy IP address, at least with regards to the ISP (and everyone they turn the data over to)?
Brewins
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 03:31:08 AM

It is like someone with multiple personalities disorder talk to his other personality, the other will answer too.

Bt why wold anyone wants to do that?
zhinkk

Activity: 266

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 03:52:39 AM

Your original IP doesn't disappear when you use a proxy or VPN, it's just masked. So what happens is you ping from your OG IP, the signal goes through your proxy or VPN and then hits your OG IP again. The ping time will be higher, but it will work nonetheless.

What do you mean by "OG". And I'm confused though, if you ping original IP how would it know to go through the proxy/VPN? It wouldn't... it would just ping the ip it is told to ping.
goozman96

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 03:58:39 AM

What do you mean by "OG". And I'm confused though, if you ping original IP how would it know to go through the proxy/VPN? It wouldn't... it would just ping the ip it is told to ping.
By OG he means your original IP. And to answer your question regarding "how would it know to go through proxy/vpn?"
Answer: it doesn't need to. When you use a VPN, everything goes through it. There's no special coding for browsers, IM programs, torrent programs, etc to decide to go through the VPN. When the VPN is on, everything goes through it by default.

BTC: 19DKtsdGfQyFzNiEze9KuFQrWGiLDvg6F1 | LTC: LbV6UGyjYbVP49NvQFmuAnkADcaFYvNagK | NMC: NDCdMJmTmGH54Cezmo3CwSxAC7grAoZJbj
CryptShark (OP)

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 04:01:07 PM

Thanks everyone, so is there anyway to get my original IP thru the spoofed IP? Example, my original IP is 109.90.X.XX and I masked / spoofed it to 202.34.XX.XX. If I were to Ping / Trace RT 202.34.XX.XX would I eventually get to my original IP 109.90.X.XX ?
247crypto

Activity: 350

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 05:28:53 PM
Last edit: August 13, 2014, 08:12:28 PM by 247crypto

Thanks everyone, so is there anyway to get my original IP thru the spoofed IP?

That is about how You hide Your IP, there are many ways to make it.
If You will be 100% anonymous is one thing, if You will hide Your location is another thing.
From who and what You will hide?

cryptworld

Activity: 714
Merit: 503

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 06:01:37 PM

you have to contract a VPN with a policy of not keeping logs
also disable flash and javascript
Luckylui

Activity: 154

STILL MISSING MY 12 BTC FROM SCAMOOLAHPAL! >:O

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 06:03:49 PM

You can scramble and hide IP.

How do you think silkroad members did it Wink

My wifi tether apk for android does that!

GRN: GcALR1ppyB3hz4J8o9wFRdtFQd7GSA1Ydb / STR: gMZ5pGRzWPg23yBFiN5GTq8Jg8JgpmNrjF
https://www.laxotrade.com/?ref=ReRunRod
https://coinking.io/?r=9974
Brewins
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 06:20:45 PM

But there are possible vulnerabilities that can cause your location being revealed, specially if you use add-ons and java script/flash/etc...

Also nothing stops you from being dmb and giving away personal info in forum or in online talks for free.

And the Silk Road hass been busted anyway.
poisenrang

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 09:13:10 PM

Still be the same without proxy

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
virtualx

Activity: 672
Merit: 507

LOTEO

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 09:15:39 PM

But there are possible vulnerabilities that can cause your location being revealed, specially if you use add-ons and java script/flash/etc...

Also nothing stops you from being dmb and giving away personal info in forum or in online talks for free.

If you want your IP to be hidden, you must block everything.. java, flash, javascript on top of tor.
And..obviously people should not talk about random personal things behind tor  Wink

...loteo...
DIGITAL ERA LOTTERY

r

▄▄███████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄███████████████████████▄
▄██████████████████████████▄
▄██  ███████▌ ▐██████████████▄
▐██▌ ▐█▀  ▀█    ▐█▀   ▀██▀  ▀██▌
▐██  █▌ █▌ ██  ██▌ ██▌ █▌ █▌ ██▌
▐█▌ ▐█ ▐█ ▐█▌ ▐██  ▄▄▄██ ▐█ ▐██▌
▐█  ██▄  ▄██    █▄    ██▄  ▄███▌
▀████████████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████▀▀
r

RPLAY NOWR
BE A MOON VISITOR!
[/center]
CryptShark (OP)

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 10:13:56 PM

If you want your IP to be hidden, you must block everything.. java, flash, javascript on top of tor.
And..obviously people should not talk about random personal things behind tor  Wink

How do I disable flash, java and java script? Are you referring to blocking it on the Browsers?
jaberwock
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1073

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 10:16:36 PM

How do I disable flash, java and java script? Are you referring to blocking it on the Browsers?

There are browser add-ons that do it for you. I think for Firefox it is called NoScript, it comes with the TOR Bundle

bitcoinminer007

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 02:02:08 PM

When you are using Proxy, your original IP will not be shown. You can hide your IP by using software or you can do it by the addons of your browser.
whiskey

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 02:06:49 PM

Your original IP is in the internet, online.  You will get ping reply, unless you block it  Smiley
CryptShark (OP)

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 03:18:44 PM

Your original IP is in the internet, online.  You will get ping reply, unless you block it  Smiley

Thanks, so is there anyway to get my original IP thru the spoofed IP? Example, my original IP is 109.90.X.XX and I masked / spoofed it to 202.34.XX.XX. If I were to Ping / Trace RT 202.34.XX.XX would I eventually get to my original IP 109.90.X.XX ?
ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 06:48:12 PM

Thanks, so is there anyway to get my original IP thru the spoofed IP? Example, my original IP is 109.90.X.XX and I masked / spoofed it to 202.34.XX.XX. If I were to Ping / Trace RT 202.34.XX.XX would I eventually get to my original IP 109.90.X.XX ?

If you ping your original address, it will go : source ping---vpn server---you
If you make a trace your original ip, it will go: source trace---vpn server

The only way you wont be safe behind a VPN is if your VPN is distributing logs, also having a dedicated ip on VPN is less safe than shared, due to obvious reasons...

cheers
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: