Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 04:32:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [SOLD] 9.85Gh 100 day mining contract  (Read 2135 times)
jamesg (OP)
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

AKA: gigavps

View Profile
March 24, 2012, 12:44:59 AM
Last edit: March 24, 2012, 12:18:11 PM by gigavps

Hello fellow bitcoiners,

I would like to offer a 100 day, 9.85Gh mining contract for 650 BTC. The terms of the contract are:

- Payment must be maid up-front. If you have any questions about my integrity, please see my OTC ratings
- The hashing power can be pointed wherever you like.
- If there is any downtime, it will be appended to the end of the contract.

Best,
gigavps

P.S. This can be a VERY PROFITABLE contract for anyone with any experience in mining.
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Kaos

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 24, 2012, 12:51:18 AM

Sorry not a miner but interested in getting into.

Could you please explain why this could be very profitable? the chances of getting the 50btc reward more than once are pretty slim.

again apologies for my ignorance.
copumpkin
Donator

Activity: 266
Merit: 252

I'm actually a pineapple

View Profile
March 24, 2012, 12:53:51 AM

Could you please explain why this could be very profitable? the chances of getting the 50btc reward more than once are pretty slim.

You would probably point it at a pool or at GPUMAX.
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
March 24, 2012, 01:03:11 AM
Last edit: March 24, 2012, 01:30:04 AM by Kluge

Point @ pool = no need to find a block.

Mining contract costs (@ $4.7/BTC) ~$3,055 and (guesstimating and not assuming difficulty increase) pays out $3027.50 assuming no inefficiencies or fees. However, assuming a 20% increase over standard rates (which is certainly not unheard of, and it probably wouldn't be difficult for experienced folks to get significantly higher), revenues should be ~$3,633 at the end of contract assuming no price change in exchange rate (which is.... lol).  $578 profit over a bit over 3 months (off the top of my head, will guesstimate that as 3.3 months). $175.15 profit/month, or a bit under 6% MPR. But there are so many variables, it's a big shot in the dark as to whether or not you'll make a profit in fiat (and a shot in the dark as to whether or not you'll profit in BTC, though terms are probably quite favorable for the buyer). Still, given it's a "loan" to giga, it's probably pretty reasonable to assume it's an extremely-low-risk loan (as far as breach of contract goes).

That all assumes my math is correct, which is quite questionable.
jamesg (OP)
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
March 24, 2012, 01:09:17 AM

Well, let's make this thing interesting. I'll do 620 BTC if the contract is picked up in the next 48 hours.
rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
March 24, 2012, 01:28:47 AM

You would probably point it at a pool or at GPUMAX.
Hop like a bunny with wild abandon!

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
REF

Activity: 529
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 24, 2012, 02:01:47 AM

Point @ pool = no need to find a block.

Mining contract costs (@ $4.7/BTC) ~$3,055 and (guesstimating and not assuming difficulty increase) pays out $3027.50 assuming no inefficiencies or fees. However, assuming a 20% increase over standard rates (which is certainly not unheard of, and it probably wouldn't be difficult for experienced folks to get significantly higher), revenues should be ~$3,633 at the end of contract assuming no price change in exchange rate (which is.... lol).  $578 profit over a bit over 3 months (off the top of my head, will guesstimate that as 3.3 months). $175.15 profit/month, or a bit under 6% MPR. But there are so many variables, it's a big shot in the dark as to whether or not you'll make a profit in fiat (and a shot in the dark as to whether or not you'll profit in BTC, though terms are probably quite favorable for the buyer). Still, given it's a "loan" to giga, it's probably pretty reasonable to assume it's an extremely-low-risk loan (as far as breach of contract goes).

That all assumes my math is correct, which is quite questionable.

didnt do the math out myself but those numbers look correct. like you said its a shot in the dark. that offer of 620BTC seems alright problem is most people with that many bitcoins are probably investing it in something more solid.(better rate)

hope you find someone willing to give it a shot. I dont know gigavps but Iv seen his posts around the forums, he looks like a good guy.
jamesg (OP)
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
March 24, 2012, 02:03:25 AM

Well that didn't take long!  Cheesy

The contract has been sold. Thanks for your interest.
jamesg (OP)
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
March 24, 2012, 02:20:02 AM

So the final deal is to mcorlett for 600 BTC.

The contract started at 10:15pm on Friday, March 23, 2012. The contract will conclude on July 1, 2012 at 10:15pm. 200 BTC has been paid with the remaining 400 to be paid within the next 24 hours.

Thanks mcorlett!  Grin
joe82

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 24, 2012, 02:20:51 AM

I offer 100days (or 150days) 30Ghash Mining contract for 1800BTC. (2550BTC)
 every week payments. PM me.
mcorlett
Donator

Activity: 308

View Profile
March 24, 2012, 02:25:08 AM

The contract started at 10:15pm on Friday, March 23, 2012. The contract will conclude on July 1, 2012 at 10:15pm. 200 BTC has been paid with the remaining 400 to be paid within the next 24 hours.

Thanks mcorlett!  Grin
Confirmed, witnessed, and whatever else we use around here.

imsaguy
General failure and former
VIP

Activity: 574

Don't send me a pm unless you gpg encrypt it.

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2012, 03:37:31 AM

Thanks mcorlett!  Grin
Confirmed, witnessed, and whatever else we use around here.

You confirm, I witness. Smiley

Coming Soon!™ © imsaguy 2011-2013, All rights reserved.

EIEIO:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=60117.0

Shades Minoco Collection Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=65989
Payment Address: http://btc.to/5r6
jamesg (OP)
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
March 24, 2012, 03:48:18 AM

I can now confirm receipt of the full payment. Thanks again.  Smiley
imsaguy
VIP

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2012, 04:05:23 AM

I can now confirm receipt of the full payment. Thanks again.  Smiley

Witnessed.

EIEIO:

P4man

Activity: 518

View Profile
March 24, 2012, 10:12:06 AM

Mining contract costs (@ $4.7/BTC) ~$3,055 and (guesstimating and not assuming difficulty increase) pays out $3027.50 assuming no inefficiencies or fees. However, assuming a 20% increase over standard rates (which is certainly not unheard of, and it probably wouldn't be difficult for experienced folks to get significantly higher), revenues should be ~$3,633 at the end of contract assuming no price change in exchange rate (which is.... lol).  $578 profit over a bit over 3 months (off the top of my head, will guesstimate that as 3.3 months). $175.15 profit/month, or a bit under 6% MPR.

I dont think its wise to assume a 120% PPS return over this long a period (seems questionable gpumax will be able to maintain those high lease prices indefinitely) and at the same time assume difficulty will remain constant - its been going up steadily for the past 4 months, and all the FPGA goodies, not to mention mega botnets,  are only just coming online.

Not as risky as putting your money on bitcoinica, but a big gamble nonetheless. I hope the buyer knows what he is doing.

jamesg (OP)
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
March 24, 2012, 10:35:12 AM

Mining contract costs (@ $4.7/BTC) ~$3,055 and (guesstimating and not assuming difficulty increase) pays out $3027.50 assuming no inefficiencies or fees. However, assuming a 20% increase over standard rates (which is certainly not unheard of, and it probably wouldn't be difficult for experienced folks to get significantly higher), revenues should be ~$3,633 at the end of contract assuming no price change in exchange rate (which is.... lol).  $578 profit over a bit over 3 months (off the top of my head, will guesstimate that as 3.3 months). $175.15 profit/month, or a bit under 6% MPR.

I dont think its wise to assume a 120% PPS return over this long a period (seems questionable gpumax will be able to maintain those high lease prices indefinitely) and at the same time assume difficulty will remain constant - its been going up steadily for the past 4 months, and all the FPGA goodies, not to mention mega botnets,  are only just coming online.

Not as risky as putting your money on bitcoinica, but a big gamble nonetheless. I hope the buyer knows what he is doing.

P4man, as we have seen before:

1. Difficulty does not rise forever.
2. The price is going down, and difficultly lags, but follows the price.
3. GPUMAX will not be doing 35% shares forever, they will be back to 100% soon.
4. Goat pays 116%.
5. There is also luck involved over time at pools.
6. He got a 10% discount on the contract to current PPS.

Thanks for your input.

Best,
gigavps
mcorlett
Donator

Activity: 308

View Profile
March 24, 2012, 12:39:15 PM

I hope the buyer knows what he is doing.
I don't, but that's the nature of gambling, and I can afford to lose it all.

P4man

View Profile
March 24, 2012, 07:08:52 PM

You wont lose it all no matter what, but even a gambler likes to know the odds and if you were not being ironical about not knowing what you are doing, then I hope at least you have a gpumax account; if you dont, sign up for one asap (or perhaps ask giga to make a deal so you can use his). This contract is risky but not entirely unreasonable for someone who  knows what he is doing and wants to pool hop and expects >130% PPS. If you are going to direct these hashes to a regular pool at 100% PPS, chances of you making a profit are IMO, almost nill. Next difficulty change is in 4 days, currently estimated at +17%
http://dot-bit.org/tools/nextDifficulty.php

7 more difficulty changes to come. Can you spot the trend:
http://bitcoin.sipa.be/speed-lin.png

imsaguy
VIP

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2012, 07:16:08 PM

You wont lose it all no matter what, but even a gambler likes to know the odds and if you were not being ironical about not knowing what you are doing, then I hope at least you have a gpumax account; if you dont, sign up for one asap (or perhaps ask giga to make a deal so you can use his). This contract is risky but not entirely unreasonable for someone who  knows what he is doing and wants to pool hop and expects >130% PPS. If you are going to direct these hashes to a regular pool at 100% PPS, chances of you making a profit are IMO, almost nill. Next difficulty change is in 4 days, currently estimated at +17%
http://dot-bit.org/tools/nextDifficulty.php

7 more difficulty changes to come. Can you spot the trend:
http://bitcoin.sipa.be/speed-lin.png

Now that the public safety bulletin is over, perhaps its time for you to troll a new thread.. both parties already agreed, both parties have been around for a while and neither asked for your guidance.

EIEIO:

P4man

View Profile
March 24, 2012, 07:19:32 PM

Now that the public safety bulletin is over, perhaps its time for you to troll a new thread.. both parties already agreed, both parties have been around for a while.  Neither is a n00b, neither asked for your guidance.

If giving honest advice to a guy who just spent 600+ BTC on something he claims to have no clue about, is trolling, then how would you describe your own post?

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: