Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 06:18:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Dogeparty, Counterparty for the Dogecoin blockchain! (official)  (Read 36185 times)
LiteBit
Legendary

Activity: 1133
Merit: 1050

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 05:29:02 PM

Xdp my wallet was empty, and how can I get back to my private key
Xdp my wallet was empty, and how can I get back to my private key

I had this happen to me too. I think they did an update and didn't relay that to the community too well.

I got my addresses back but I'm not sure I remember how. I think made a New Address. Then it automatically became my old address with all the old assets. I had 5 or so addresses in my wallet so I made 5 or so new addresses. I think I logged out and back in a few times too.

Importing private keys didn't work for me. I just got an error.

My new addresses are the same ones as before and the private keys are the same. The above seems like a backwards way to bring addresses back in to a blank wallet but it works somehow.

If I find the old email explaining what to do from DogeParty team I'll post it here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
krach
Legendary

Activity: 1851
Merit: 1020

Get Rekt

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2014, 06:37:55 PM

BCT is the biggest crypto forum, you would think that it would be updated with info like, Your addresses are going bye bye.

[color=#00██ ████ ████

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀▐▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀    ▄▀█████▀     ▀█▄
▄█▄    █        ▀▄   ███▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▄       ▄▀▀▀▀▀███▄
████      ▀▄▄▄▄▄▀       ███
███     ▄▄███████▄▄     ▄▀█
█  ▀▄ ▄▀ ▀███████▀ ▀▄ ▄▀  █
▀█   █     ▀███▀     ▀▄  █▀
▀█▄▄█▄      █        █▄█▀
▀█████▄ ▄▀▀ ▀▀▄▄ ▄▄███▀
▀█████        ████▀
▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀

● OVER 1000000000 REKT PLEBS
● DAILY PARLAYS, ACCAS, SINGLES AND BOASTING
● BONUS HUNTING & VIP PICKS
● 24/7 LIVE TROLL BOX
● SCAM TOUTS ROASTED LIVE

LiteBit
Legendary

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 06:47:04 PM

BCT is the biggest crypto forum, you would think that it would be updated with info like, Your addresses are going bye bye.

I agree.

I found out the same way you did, by opening it after some time away and seeing everything gone. I reached out to some of the guys (theDogeparty, Huminit) via Twitter, which by the way also didn't have any notice of an update. They got back to me after 3 or 4 days with the way to fix it. Ridiculous.
franckuestein
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1130

Truth will out!

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2014, 06:55:32 PM

I agree.

I found out the same way you did, by opening it after some time away and seeing everything gone. I reached out to some of the guys (theDogeparty, Huminit) via Twitter, which by the way also didn't have any notice of an update. They got back to me after 3 or 4 days with the way to fix it. Ridiculous.

Are you saying that the current dogeparty development is off?
I've seen that they're still active on Twitter but on their github (https://github.com/Dogeparty) they haven't updated anything since the 5th of november  Huh

Any Dogeparty dev can reply to us if they're still working on it?
Thanks!  Cheesy

[ AVAILABLE SIGNATURE SPACE ]
krach
Legendary

Get Rekt

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2014, 07:48:22 PM

They still have public google hangouts and talk about stuff, mostly about how they are going to intergrate tokens into video games and resell assets on a website, kind of like reselling domains that you register.

If anyone knows how to recover the extra addresses that were in my wallet with the contents that would be great.

[color=#00██ ████ ████

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀    ▄▀█████▀     ▀█▄
▀█████▄ ▄▀▀ ▀▀▄▄ ▄▄███▀
▀█████        ████▀
▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀

● 24/7 LIVE TROLL BOX

krach
Legendary

Get Rekt

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2014, 08:12:13 PM

from dogeparty reddit:

"We built it because we needed a fast, inexpensive token system for some internal projects that we were working on. That need has been satisfied. Therefore, most of our time is now going into those projects, rather than Dogeparty itself."

They got what they need out of it and have moved on, if the DEx gets built doesnt really matter to them since they have their utitlity with or without a DEx. It would have been great to know this ahead of time. Since the virtual reality thing is now live and they have their cheap meta coin the "team" is finished for now. There are other people working on things here and there and there is a bounty on a DEx but that is about it. Someone that registered a LOT of generic asset names created a platform to ............. buy and sell assets, even a registration service if you couldnt figure out how to use a counterparty fork and press "create asset" , hey why not right?

[color=#00██ ████ ████

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀    ▄▀█████▀     ▀█▄
▀█████▄ ▄▀▀ ▀▀▄▄ ▄▄███▀
▀█████        ████▀
▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀

● 24/7 LIVE TROLL BOX

LiteBit
Legendary

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 08:19:22 PM

I agree.

Are you saying that the current dogeparty development is off?
I've seen that they're still active on Twitter but on their github (https://github.com/Dogeparty) they haven't updated anything since the 5th of november  Huh

Any Dogeparty dev can reply to us if they're still working on it?
Thanks!  Cheesy

I think Coblee is advising them "Litecoin Dogeparty doesn't need any more development, just adoption" -sarcasim
krach
Legendary

Get Rekt

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2014, 10:29:08 PM

I think Coblee is advising them "Litecoin Dogeparty doesn't need any more development, just adoption" -sarcasim

Grin Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

I agree with Lee though.

I am not able to code the DEx anyone else? Should we just trade our assets in this thread?

Ive got some BotsharesX

[color=#00██ ████ ████

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀    ▄▀█████▀     ▀█▄
▀█████▄ ▄▀▀ ▀▀▄▄ ▄▄███▀
▀█████        ████▀
▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀

● 24/7 LIVE TROLL BOX

wendell (OP)

Activity: 92
Merit: 20

hivewallet.com

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2015, 05:17:43 PM

No, development isn't "off". There are some updates and fixes coming out of necessity (doesn't include the DEx), but our priority is indeed the startup that we are working on. We stated our own personal reasons for building this from the very beginning, it literally litters all of the announcement threads.

Regarding the DEx, it wasn't anticipated that it would be a problem to make it work, and we hope that we -- or someone else -- can eventually get it figured out. It's not like we don't want to have it. :-)

As for support, the best place to receive it is Skype or Reddit. Twitter is typically checked only when announcements etc are made, and I am hardly ever on bitcointalk at all. You can also email me @ w@hivewallet.com, but the other two seem to be more effective, since more people can see them.

Finally, if you are really concerned with Dogeparty being an independent success, I would encourage you all to jump in and help. For our part, we believe that the best way to make it a success is to build great projects on top of it. But I am totally down to help anyone who thinks otherwise and who wants to put time and focus into Dogeparty itself.

hivewallet.com • humint.is • spinjar.me • vizor.io • xbalances.com • inkpad.io
krach
Legendary

Get Rekt

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2015, 06:16:50 PM

There is no extant team actively working on this project.
There are a few new developers spinning up to work on it part-time.

Could be interperted as "off" or "we dont care anymore thanks" if it is not like that then great.

I ddint find anything about the modivation in this thread or on dogeparty.io

Kinda hard to build on when stuff just goes missing suddenly from a wallet.

[color=#00██ ████ ████

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀    ▄▀█████▀     ▀█▄
▀█████▄ ▄▀▀ ▀▀▄▄ ▄▄███▀
▀█████        ████▀
▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀

● 24/7 LIVE TROLL BOX

wendell (OP)

hivewallet.com

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2015, 08:22:32 PM

Could be interperted as "off" or "we dont care anymore thanks" if it is not like that then great.

I ddint find anything about the modivation in this thread or on dogeparty.io

Kinda hard to build on when stuff just goes missing suddenly from a wallet.

Did you check the wallet address at dogepartychain.info or xbalances.com to verify? Are the tokens and/or XDP actually missing? It's certainly a bit confusing, but if your tokens are visible in the explorer, what you're seeing is likely some kind of wallet display issue. That doesn't really affect what is actually in your wallet, nor your ability to use the APIs to build something on top of Dogeparty.

As for our intentions, I'm talking about the original threads on Reddit created during the run-up to the burn... Although I believe that others on /r/xdp and /r/dogecoin also mention them. That said, we do still plan to update it and work on Dogeparty. There are people getting involved. But that post above is correct, there isn't an existing full-time team working on it. This isn't a matter of not caring, it's just priorities.

Now, I should state my own views here: While it would be nice to be feature complete, I personally don't believe that the DEx makes a significant difference for the platform as a whole. The Counterparty DEx was never very comfortable to use, and although Dogeparty's will be faster, I'm not convinced that speed alone solves the general usability (and liquidity) issues. But I pass the baton to you DEx enthusiasts and would be more than happy to be proven utterly wrong on that point.

tl;dr If it were free or cheap to build the DEx, we would have it already. But the real value of the DEx compared to the work needed to enable it seems a bit off for us. If you positively must have it, please spin up the necessary components and help us to get it working. Here are some documents that should help with the spin-up:

http://www.inkpad.io/1GMXYwxl4Q
https://gist.github.com/simondlr/9871056d4cb232a8aa16

krach
Legendary

Get Rekt

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2015, 08:47:03 PM

They are magicly back now, yes it could very well be a wallet display error.

Of course you couldnt have known that the DEx would take more effort than you thought.  Im not a coder so I cant build the DEx ive supported the project in plenty of other ways. If a thread on reddit leading up to something is littering all announcement threads then fine, if you dont do full research then.. I get it, it is all still being worked on.
That said, we do still plan to update it and work on Dogeparty. There are people getting involved. But that post above is correct, there isn't an existing full-time team working on it. This isn't a matter of not caring, it's just priorities.

About the functionality of a DEx well yea it is slow and not  comfortable as compared to a centralised exchange however nearly all decentral things have that trade off. It lowers the access of entry for anyone that wants to buy or sell their assests.

[color=#00██ ████ ████

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀    ▄▀█████▀     ▀█▄
▀█████▄ ▄▀▀ ▀▀▄▄ ▄▄███▀
▀█████        ████▀
▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀

● 24/7 LIVE TROLL BOX

doitASAP

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 09:04:45 PM

I predict this dog will be removed from TOP 10 market cap in 2015.Let's see. Grin
wendell (OP)

hivewallet.com

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2015, 09:05:32 PM

They are magicly back now, yes it could very well be a wallet display error.

Of course you couldnt have known that the DEx would take more effort than you thought.  Im not a coder so I cant build the DEx ive supported the project in plenty of other ways. If a thread on reddit leading up to something is littering all announcement threads then fine, if you dont do full research then.. I get it, it is all still being worked on.

About the functionality of a DEx well yea it is slow and not  comfortable as compared to a centralised exchange however nearly all decentral things have that trade off. It lowers the access of entry for anyone that wants to buy or sell their assests.

Agreed. Hopefully we -- or someone, I'm looking at you guys out there! -- can help us get it working. On the one hand it's "better" to have it than not, but on the other hand we want to avoid getting even more support requests because it doesn't fundamentally work very well (a very real concern).

As for your tokens, I'm glad they're back!

wendell (OP)

hivewallet.com

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2015, 09:10:20 PM

I predict this dog will be removed from TOP 10 market cap in 2015.Let's see. Grin

Presume you mean Dogecoin, since Dogeparty isn't in the Top 10 to begin with? It could happen, sure. Is that important? Not for us. Our assumption is that as soon as developers really grok that Dogeparty is a perfect way to make game tokens/items, and other tokens that need mass distribution cheaply and quickly, it will find its niche irrespective of price. That's our thesis and we're doing our part with Vizor.

Xialla
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

/dev/null

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 04:31:19 PM

is this dogeparty still alive? from start it looks cool and I follow it but now it seems that it is dead? sorry for resurrecting old thread, but this one seems as official one from developers..

ty
mightgetlucky

Activity: 138
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 04:36:41 PM

is this dogeparty still alive? from start it looks cool and I follow it but now it seems that it is dead? sorry for resurrecting old thread, but this one seems as official one from developers..

ty

It's alive.
Xialla
Legendary

/dev/null

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 09:24:39 AM

It would have been better if the devs followed through with their promises and integrated more features from the Counterparty model they were trying to copy, but they gave up and sold out during peak prices, so its safe to say this was just another scamcoin.

uhh really? I thought that it was somehow developed by Hive team so I pretty much trust them..such disappointing here, because I wish them luck.( omg..
LiteBit
Legendary

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 04:21:08 PM

It would have been better if the devs followed through with their promises and integrated more features from the Counterparty model they were trying to copy, but they gave up and sold out during peak prices, so its safe to say this was just another scamcoin.

uhh really? I thought that it was somehow developed by Hive team so I pretty much trust them..such disappointing here, because I wish them luck.( omg..

Humint and Hive team members created this. Early on it was stated they wanted it for their projects. To date nothing has come from that. Has it been a year yet?
Xialla
Legendary

/dev/null

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 08:15:30 PM

Humint and Hive team members created this. Early on it was stated they wanted it for their projects. To date nothing has come from that. Has it been a year yet?

amazing, so we can now call it scam? this thread is dead, reddit subforum is dead, skype room is dead...and market cap is 1.8BTC.))
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: