Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 07:31:58 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I am out of the mining game :(  (Read 44403 times)
notbatman
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 10:18:22 PM

Making $0.00 a day with my Black Arrow 2Th/s miner that was never delivered at the end of February and still hasn't been delivered.

Klubknuckle

Activity: 285
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 02:53:12 AM

Making $0.00 a day with my Black Arrow 2Th/s miner that was never delivered at the end of February and still hasn't been delivered.

Oh, I though they gave compensation?

notbatman
Legendary

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 03:55:57 AM

No miner, no refund and no compensation.
Kimowa

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 08:02:28 AM

That sucks. Someone need to take down those scamming company.

DrG
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 08:09:29 AM

In other words you got scammed.  I'm sorry for your loss.  I was considering BA for a little bit as people mentioned they initially had a good track record.  Guess they couldn't handle their hot potato when large sums of money came into play.
xandriel

Activity: 586
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 08:30:16 AM

As a BA customer that has actually received their order, I can tell you that the products are technically very good...though you probably wont get ROI with the current market.
However, they seem intent in sharing a cesspit with BFL, sharing similar qualities in customer relations...maybe they went to the same school ;(

.BITWINUP.
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄██████░░██░░████████▄
██████░░░░░░░░░▀████████
█████████░░████▄░░████████
▐█████████░░████▀░░████████▌
▐█████████░░░░░░░░░░▀██████▌
▐█████████░░███████░░██████▌
███████▀▀░░▀▀▀▀▀▀░░▄██████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░▄▄▄███████
▀██████▄▄██▄▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
UP OR DOWN?
BITCOIN PVP PREDECTION GAME

▄████████████████████▄
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
███████████░░███████████
█████████░░░░░░█████████
███████░░░░░░░░░░███████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████
█████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀

VS

▄████████████████████▄
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░▀█████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████
███████░░░░░░░░░░███████
█████████░░░░░░█████████
███████████░░███████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄███████████████████████▄
██                     ██
██  █████████████████  ██
██  ▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▀▀  ██
█▀  ▄███████████████▄  ▀█
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▀███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██  ▄▄▄▄▄ ███ ███ ▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██  █████▄ ▀███▀ ▄█████  ██
██  ███████▄▄▄▄▄███████  ██
██  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ██
███████████████████████████
MONTHLY
JACKPOT
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████▀▀██████████████▄
▄███▀░░▄▄░░▀▀███████████▄
▄███░░▄█████▄░████████████▄
████░░▀██████▀▀░░░░░▀██████
█████▄░░▀▀▀░░▄▄████▄░░█████
▀███████▄▄▄██░▀█████░░████▀
▀███████████▄░░▀▀▀░░▄███▀
▀█████████████▄▄▄█████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

.Play to earn Crypto.
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
DrG
Legendary

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 08:58:53 AM

As a BA customer that has actually received their order, I can tell you that the products are technically very good...though you probably wont get ROI with the current market.
However, they seem intent in sharing a cesspit with BFL, sharing similar qualities in customer relations...maybe they went to the same school ;(

BFL walks the fine line between scam and fraud. They won't outright not ship you a miner since you could always win that in court, they will just mine on it until it's useless and then ship it to you so they don't have to offer a refund because they never "promised" a delivery by a certain date.

Gonna do a couple rounds on the bag... got me worked up now.
Wooden Plate

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 03:26:24 PM

Yeah for many people it's only a waste of time and money,Nowadays there is not much profit in the mining anymore unless done in large scale
coinits
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1019

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 06:44:25 PM
Last edit: September 01, 2014, 11:54:27 PM by ckolivas

The trick is that they can sell to themselves without cheating themselves.  If Cointerra sold a 2TH unit last year for $5000 and it cost them $1500 to develop the unit, then they can buy more units for themselves.  They don't need to pay for any additional research, they don't need to pay for shipping, they're not penalized with a 2 week downtime with shipping.  So if the miner costs 1/3 of their total end user selling price then they essentially have only 1/3rd the investment cost that an end user would have.  Not to mention the benefit of mining earlier.

Now if they continue to sell the units for $5k and it costs them $1.5k, they can buy 3 units for every 1 unit they sell you.

Another trick is to have 2 different companies set up where manufacturer sells the units to the mining company at the same price as they would to any other customer. The mining company can write off the cost of the miners against the returns. A loss will not matter because it is all on paper and the BTC does not change. This is a scam that is legal in the my neck of the woods.

Jump you fuckers! | The thing about smart motherfuckers is they sound like crazy motherfuckers to dumb motherfuckers. | My sig space for rent for 0.01 btc per week.
X7
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1009

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 06:48:50 PM
Last edit: September 01, 2014, 11:54:39 PM by ckolivas

Another trick is to have 2 different companies set up where manufacturer sells the units to the mining company at the same price as they would to any other customer. The mining company can write off the cost of the miners against the returns. A loss will not matter because it is all on paper and the BTC does not change. This is a scam that is legal in the my neck of the woods.

Good ol' selling from the right hand to the left hand?

For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the world, and lose his own soul?
coinits
Legendary

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 07:20:38 PM
Last edit: September 01, 2014, 11:54:49 PM by ckolivas

Good ol' selling from the right hand to the left hand?

More than two arms. There is a multibillion dollar company where I live that is an Octopus on steroids. They own an auto dealership to sell themselves fleet vehicles. They own a refinery to sell gas to fuel their operations. They own a property management company to look after their real estate transactions. They own a rail line to deliver their products to market. They own an insurance company to insure their operations and fleet vehicles. The government gives them grants to expand because they say that they will hire more workers. May be true but they put the competition out of business. They own their own private police force for security. They own a house building company to build homes with their products. They own a chain of hardware and building supply stores to sell their products.

It is quite a system. Write offs and profits in a convoluted business world.

Jump you fuckers! | The thing about smart motherfuckers is they sound like crazy motherfuckers to dumb motherfuckers. | My sig space for rent for 0.01 btc per week.
X7
Legendary

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 07:23:01 PM
Last edit: September 01, 2014, 11:54:59 PM by ckolivas

More than two arms. There is a multibillion dollar company where I live that is an Octopus on steroids. They own an auto dealership to sell themselves fleet vehicles. They own a refinery to sell gas to fuel their operations. They own a property management company to look after their real estate transactions. They own a rail line to deliver their products to market. They own an insurance company to insure their operations and fleet vehicles. The government gives them grants to expand because they say that they will hire more workers. May be true but they put the competition out of business. They own their own private police force for security. They own a house building company to build homes with their products. They own a chain of hardware and building supply stores to sell their products.

It is quite a system. Write offs and profits in a convoluted business world.

http://thebitcoinmovement.com/bitcoin-peoples-bailout-currency-vs-money/

It is so much worse than that bud.. look at #4

For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the world, and lose his own soul?
coinits
Legendary

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 07:28:08 PM

Mike Maloney is a smart man. He, amongst others, got me involved in silver and gold.

X7
Legendary

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 07:31:05 PM

Mike Maloney is a smart man. He, amongst others, got me involved in silver and gold.

yeah he really broke it down in a way everyone can understand. great educational tool!

Snorek
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 04:14:39 AM

Maybe traditional mining is not longer profitable, but you can do it in a new way. There are ideas like virtual mining, purchasing remote mining rig or buying something like the new Hashlet from GAW miners for example. And you don't have to be rich to to do so...
DrG
Legendary

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 10:33:12 AM

Maybe traditional mining is not longer profitable, but you can do it in a new way. There are ideas like virtual mining, purchasing remote mining rig or buying something like the new Hashlet from GAW miners for example. And you don't have to be rich to to do so...

Virtual mining, as you call it, is indeed quite profitable - for the company selling the hashes Tongue  Every contract allows them to expand their marketshare  Wink
notbatman
Legendary

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 10:54:59 AM

Virtual mining, as you call it, is indeed quite profitable - for the company selling the hashes Tongue  Every contract allows them to expand their marketshare  Wink

"Proof of dishonesty and lies from Gawminers.com Hashlet Ponzi Scheme Scam"
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=749980.0

notbatman
Legendary

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 11:04:54 AM

As you can see these scammers are specifically targeting small miners "you don't have to be rich". Are we mining or playing the get rich quick you deserve to lose all your money game?

Fucking scumbags.
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 02:45:33 PM

"Proof of dishonesty and lies from Gawminers.com Hashlet Ponzi Scheme Scam"
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=749980.0

I just don't understand their business.  I thought hashlet was a nice idea at first.  But going from like 14.99 to 39.95 and call it prime seems insane.  I will personally be sticking with physical miners. 

We will see if hashlets prove me wrong and were a great investment.  I just don't see how they made money at 15 dollars one day then a few days later it went to 40 dollars.  I see their sales slowing.
X7
Legendary

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 07:23:41 PM

Just buy the coin directly - it is valued at 480$ USD right now - Calculate what it would cost to earn yourself a BTC (NET) through mining either physical/cloud and quickly understanding that greed has ushered in the era of industrial mining, either we adapt and go with the flow of the ocean... Or we swim into the riptide and drown.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: