Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:01:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC Game Tournament  (Read 2920 times)
PwrLeveld (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

Computta Mine Your Own BTC

View Profile
May 06, 2011, 03:12:35 AM

Hi, I am not sure if this is in the right section but, who would be intrested in a weekly tornament of a difrent video game each week.

I would create the tournament with a entry fee of I geuss .5 BTC with entry opening half a week before each tournament. It would be a bracket style tournament with the BTC gained from entry fees going to the first, second, and third place winners. The amount for the prizes would depend on the amount of money raised for each tournament. The website wold be set up to show who was winning each game. The time of the game would be decided by the 2 players assigned to the play each other. The only limitation that would on there scheduling would be the day they would play would be assigned so the brakets run smoothly.

An issue, however that arises is if the people are from 2 difrent time zones and could not have a fair time for them to compete with one another. In a situation like that I think it would be fair to refund their entry fees or grant them a free entry in to the next tournament.

Another tournament that could happen would be like specialty tournaments with a higher entry price but a longer duration with more games to be played be everyone. It could be like a round robbin tournament.

So, I would like some feedback on this idea and if you would enter these tournaments yourself.
Thank you in advance.

Dear GOD/GODS and/or MEMBERS OF SUPER-INTELLIGENT ALIEN CIVILIZATIONS: Please let CHAUL JHIN KIM win the NEW ZEALAND POWERBALL JACKPOT. He will use the money to set up his own RESEARCH LAB and find the CURES for CANCER and AGING! He will release the CURES into the PUBLIC DOMAIN! (a la Jonas Salk) EVERYONE regardless of wealth will no longer need to SUFFER! CHILDHOOD CANCER will also be HISTORY! Thank you! - A Faithful Believer. P.S. If anyone is reading this then please pray with me!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Alex Beckenham

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 06, 2011, 04:04:34 AM

Um, firstly check this out:

http://pigames.dyndns.org

p.s. I've entered but am currently in 3rd place now... I might even get pushed out of the leaderboard before the finale.

p.p.s If you'd like to buy the domain bitcointournament.com, it can be yours for the low-low price of 10,000 BTC.

PwrLeveld (OP)

View Profile
May 06, 2011, 04:10:16 AM

Um, I was thinking of more like a .cz.cc adress becasue they are free for life. I have also seen the link you posted and it made me think of this.

Dear GOD/GODS and/or MEMBERS OF SUPER-INTELLIGENT ALIEN CIVILIZATIONS: Please let CHAUL JHIN KIM win the NEW ZEALAND POWERBALL JACKPOT. He will use the money to set up his own RESEARCH LAB and find the CURES for CANCER and AGING! He will release the CURES into the PUBLIC DOMAIN! (a la Jonas Salk) EVERYONE regardless of wealth will no longer need to SUFFER! CHILDHOOD CANCER will also be HISTORY! Thank you! - A Faithful Believer. P.S. If anyone is reading this then please pray with me!
Alex Beckenham

View Profile
May 06, 2011, 04:13:50 AM

Um, I was thinking of more like a .cz.cc adress becasue they are free for life. I have also seen the link you posted and it made me think of this.

Well if you have followed the thread related to that other game, you'll note the comments that say 0.5 is too expensive. If you do a tournament, please make it a bit cheaper like 0.05 or 0.1.

Ultimately though my decision to enter/abstain will probably just depend on how fun the game is.

PwrLeveld (OP)

View Profile
May 06, 2011, 04:27:28 AM

Well, by games I meant real games. Like BFBC2 or CoD:Blops. Considering the fact that this would be competetive then though that would probably eliminate a lot of people from doing it. So, I geuss it would either need a large # of people to particapate so any real prize could be awarded or a high entry fee. I geuss it could be branched in a casual legaue and competitive. One with lower payouts and lower entry fees and the other high.

Alex Beckenham

View Profile
May 06, 2011, 04:28:28 AM

Well, by games I meant real games. Like BFBC2 or CoD:Blops.

If those are real then personally I prefer 'fake' games, but I'm sure I'm in the minority.

Never even heard of the above acronyms by the way.

PwrLeveld (OP)

View Profile
May 06, 2011, 04:32:23 AM

Firs was Battlefeild: Bad Company 2 and the second was Call of Duty: Black Ops. The thing about fake games is the are easeir to geet people to spend money on without thinking about it until after sending the coins.(I know I did that today even though I would be getting close to my first whole bitcoin right now. *sigh*

Vasili Sviridov

Activity: 102

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2011, 04:39:41 AM

I'd play some Bad Company 2. But we gotta do it on a dedicated server, which can only be purchased. You can't host games with just a copy of the game itself.

1JHYtsmsGq2McwGHmWayVjVtHds8rp1R5
PwrLeveld (OP)

View Profile
May 06, 2011, 04:45:02 AM

That is true, so it looks like BFBC2 would be out for the first couple tournaments if this does get created as it would required to get the money to get the server, unless we could pay someone bitcoins to allow use to use they're server for a week. But still the website would need to be made before that would even happen. I was also thinking like starcraft tournaments but I really don't knowhow many people play starcraft, as I don't and I don't know anyone who does.

FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2011, 04:50:18 AM

Well if you have followed the thread related to that other game, you'll note the comments that say 0.5 is too expensive. If you do a tournament, please make it a bit cheaper like 0.05 or 0.1.

Ultimately though my decision to enter/abstain will probably just depend on how fun the game is.

It all depends though. .5 for a game that lasts 60 seconds is different than .5 for a 6 round tournament over a few days.

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
Alex Beckenham

View Profile
May 06, 2011, 04:58:50 AM

.5 for a game that lasts 60 seconds is different than .5 for a 6 round tournament over a few days.

Yep of course. I assumed he was talking about fake games.

PwrLeveld (OP)

View Profile
May 09, 2011, 02:26:46 AM

Well, I think I am going to do this. There is still some technicalities to work out but with all the gpu power around here it is not like tere will be a lack of high powered machines. I think I will set up tournaments difrently based on game and on entry price. Higher for more game tournaments and lower for bracket based. I will start working on the system tonight and will try to gain some funding over the next few days as I build a website. I will sadly not be able to get a domain name other than a .cc.cz unless someone would like to partener with me for this venture. I currently have nder 1 btc but I am getting a 5830 in a few days so I will be able to raise some funding through that too. I will probably post this in the marketplace in a day or two selling shares in the website.

Alex Beckenham

View Profile
May 09, 2011, 02:35:37 AM

I will sadly not be able to get a domain name other than a .cc.cz unless someone would like to partener with me for this venture.

Hi PL,

You are welcome to borrow bitcointournament.com in exchange for me placing a 468x60 banner on your site.

Just let me know your 2 name servers.

Cheers.

PwrLeveld (OP)

View Profile
May 09, 2011, 02:40:38 AM

Um, that sounds mighty good. I can't provide nameservers as of yet, but I most likely will just be using heliohost until it gets too large to operate on that free host. My only qeustion is top or bottom banner? I think a top banner would be more effective for you for advertising while a bottom will fit in my site layout the best. If the banner background could be black that would be very good for the site layout.
Thanks for the offer, it is greatly apreciated.
Tom.

Alex Beckenham

View Profile
May 09, 2011, 02:49:55 AM

Um, that sounds mighty good. I can't provide nameservers as of yet, but I most likely will just be using heliohost until it gets too large to operate on that free host. My only qeustion is top or bottom banner? I think a top banner would be more effective for you for advertising while a bottom will fit in my site layout the best. If the banner background could be black that would be very good for the site layout.
Thanks for the offer, it is greatly apreciated.
Tom.

Hi Tom, the bottom should be fine, although I can't guarantee what colours it would be, as I'd want to point it to a dynamic script image to rotate different campaigns. (Will keep it SFW). Just shoot me over heliohost's name servers whenever you're ready.

Edit: I've updated the domain with ns1.heliohost.org and ns2.heliohost.org; You'll just need to set it up in your account I guess.

PwrLeveld (OP)

View Profile
May 09, 2011, 02:53:24 AM

Okay if it's a rotation it will be fine. I will Pm you know and as I build the website we can and service we can work out some of the details.

Edit: Setting up the domainname know and will be creating a quick coming soon graphic.

PwrLeveld (OP)

View Profile
May 09, 2011, 03:13:38 AM

What is a good tagline. I need something to go under BitcoinTournament.com in the coming soon logo. Although I do have like 24 hours to make the logo before the site domain goes live.
I was thinking Dominate Your Competition but that sounds more like a gear site then a tournament site. Maybe, "Play to Win" would work. I am not really sure what to use. The logo Itself will be very simplistic with the bitcoin Logo.

bitlotto

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

BitLotto - best odds + best payouts + cheat-proof

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2011, 03:19:02 AM

What is a good tagline. I need something to go under BitcoinTournament.com in the coming soon logo. Although I do have like 24 hours to make the logo before the site domain goes live.
I was thinking Dominate Your Competition but that sounds more like a gear site then a tournament site. Maybe, "Play to Win" would work. I am not really sure what to use. The logo Itself will be very simplistic with the bitcoin Logo.
How about: "Got Game? Win Bitcoins!"

*Next Draw Feb 1*  BitLotto: monthly raffle (0.25 BTC per ticket) Completely transparent and impossible to manipulate who wins. TOR
TOR2WEB
Donations to: 1JQdiQsjhV2uJ4Y8HFtdqteJsZhv835a8J are appreciated.
PwrLeveld (OP)

View Profile
May 09, 2011, 03:27:33 AM

YES. I loce that. Ok looks like that will be the tagline for the site and it will be easy to add in to descriptions on the site. My plan is to use E107 for my web system but does anyone know any better ones for a system like this. My plan to use E107 is because they're are many readily avaliable themes and plugins. I know there is a tournament plugin that will make setting up tournaments a breeze. I have used E107 and was impressed in it's ease of use when I was using it. So, I will be using Got game? Win Bitcoins! for my tagline and I will probably be using E107 unless someone has a better option. The actuall website won't be worked on until tommarow as I have homework to do tonight and heliohost won't have the domain set up tonight.
Thanks everyone for the help so far. Everyone who helps will get a free entry in to the first tournament.

bitlotto

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

BitLotto - best odds + best payouts + cheat-proof

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2011, 03:39:27 AM

Thanks everyone for the help so far. Everyone who helps will get a free entry in to the first tournament.
Thanks for the offer but I don't even have a gaming console! LOL. Good luck with your venture! (If you want to thank me in another way just play BitLotto! LOL Wink )

*Next Draw Feb 1*  BitLotto: monthly raffle (0.25 BTC per ticket) Completely transparent and impossible to manipulate who wins. TOR
TOR2WEB
Donations to: 1JQdiQsjhV2uJ4Y8HFtdqteJsZhv835a8J are appreciated.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: