Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 02:02:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Owning a patent anonymously (humans and AI autonomous agents)  (Read 811 times)
remotemass (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1117
Merit: 1016

ASMR El Salvador

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2014, 11:43:59 PM

Maybe we should start poking the possibility of owning a patent, and profiting from it, anonymously.
Humans and AI autonomous agents, alike, should be able to do so.

{ Imagine a sequence of bits generated from the first decimal place of the square roots of whole integers that are irrational numbers. If the decimal falls between 0 and 5, it's considered bit 0, and if it falls between 5 and 10, it's considered bit 1. This sequence from a simple integer count of contiguous irrationals and their logical decimal expansion of the first decimal place is called the 'main irrational stream.' Our goal is to design a physical and optical computing system system that can detect when this stream starts matching a specific pattern of a given size of bits. bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=166760.0 } Satoshi did use a friend class in C++ and put a comment on the code saying: "This is why people hate C++".
commandrix

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 11:48:09 PM

I'm not sure it's possible to register a patent anonymously unless you're willing to form a dummy corporation that "owns" the patent. And then you could get accused of being a patent troll if you don't actually produce products based on that patent.
ticoti

Activity: 854

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 11:49:56 PM

I think you have to register a patent with your data and that data is public,isn't it?
remotemass (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1117
Merit: 1016

ASMR El Salvador

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2014, 11:54:12 PM

I think you have to register a patent with your data and that data is public,isn't it?

Yes, right now it is so. What I am proposing is that anyone (humans or machines) can use cryptography to keep their identities anonymous, but still able to prove they are who they say they are.
What needs to change is just: the laws at the patent offices.

{ Imagine a sequence of bits generated from the first decimal place of the square roots of whole integers that are irrational numbers. If the decimal falls between 0 and 5, it's considered bit 0, and if it falls between 5 and 10, it's considered bit 1. This sequence from a simple integer count of contiguous irrationals and their logical decimal expansion of the first decimal place is called the 'main irrational stream.' Our goal is to design a physical and optical computing system system that can detect when this stream starts matching a specific pattern of a given size of bits. bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=166760.0 } Satoshi did use a friend class in C++ and put a comment on the code saying: "This is why people hate C++".
bitllionaire
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 11:56:47 PM

Yes, right now it is so. What I am proposing is that anyone (humans or machines) can use cryptography to keep their identities anonymous, but still able to prove they are who they say they are.
What needs to change is just: the laws at the patent offices.
haha this is the matter
you may give a bitcoin address with signed message but what happens it you get hacked your account ?
phillipsjk
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1001

Let the chips fall where they may.

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2014, 11:58:09 PM

IMO, Patents are more trouble than they are worth for a strong AI. They don't grant you permission to do anything: only to prohibit others from doing something. For a strong AI, being prohibited from doing something (especially a common mathematical transform) would essentially be a death sentence.

James' OpenPGP public key fingerprint: EB14 9E5B F80C 1F2D 3EBE  0A2F B3DE 81FF 7B9D 5160
lihuajkl
Legendary

Activity: 1596

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 05:35:57 AM

I don't think it is possible in the near term. Even the concept of humans and AI autonomous agents is new idea and not recognized yet.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: