Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 01:42:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ** Want some free Murraycoin stickers? DM me! **  (Read 2031 times)
brianbbad (OP)

Activity: 423
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 01:51:14 AM
Last edit: September 24, 2014, 05:14:16 AM by brianbbad

No strings attached, just DM me your mailing address and I'll send you some stylish Murraycoin stickers.

For those who want to learn more about Murraycoin, but don't have time to sort through the dozens of pages of the announcement thread, I compiled a bunch of info and updates, all from bholzer (Murraycoin's lead dev):

January 31, 2014, 11:49:01 PM
We have received nearly 100,000 MRY in donations to the Bill Murray Charity Fund --We're 11 days in, guys.
Within 24 hours of launch, we had a Murraycoin pool up on FusionHash -- the best mining operation out there.
We're being followed on Twitter by Caddyshack Charity Golf (Bill Murray's annual charity golf event.)

February 10, 2014, 12:06:20 PM
Kanye is an asshole...and Bill Murray is a badass. Coinye had no ties with Kanye West.

February 10, 2014, 08:22:10 PM
We have been in contact with the foundation, yes. We have Bill Murray's indifference but we're working on getting him directly involved. He doesn't have an agent and he's been extremely busy promoting his movie/etc. There will not be a problem with this coin - our only concern is improving this coin.

February 10, 2014, 09:10:51 PM
Everything is going as planned; connections were made and the Murraycoin groundwork was done in December (over a month before the coin launched.)

February 12, 2014, 10:32:58 AM
The Murraycoin Reddit Tipbot has been rocking for about a week now.

February 25, 2014, 11:18:26 PM
My word only carries so much weight and we are at the mercy of [the foundation’s] timelines to make certain bits of information public [but] The Murray Bros. Foundation has no intention of unloading their MRY in the near future.
Our top concern was ensuring the legal aspects were covered and we have satisfied that requirement.
If there was a chance for legal conflict, I would have never been a part of this project.

March 06, 2014, 02:02:21 AM
We have already received over 250,000 MRY in donations from people all over the map. By revolutionizing celebrity fundraising, the Murraycoin Project will likely become a blueprint to the others that follow. Murraycoin is the perfect addition to Bill Murray's legacy as both an entertainer and humanitarian.

March 08, 2014, 03:16:42 AM
We were in contact with the director of the Murray Bros. Foundation before Murraycoin even launched and offered to go back to the drawing board and rebrand Murraycoin - they were not interested in rebranding Murraycoin.

April 08, 2014, 07:07:37 AM
Talks are initiated, these talks remains active, everything continues to progress and looks good. We have permission but we don't have an official endorsement (we won't rest until we do.)

April 21, 2014, 11:00:28 PM
Bill Murray and the Murray Bros. Foundation still haven't made a decision on whether or not they will be officially endorsing Murraycoin.
Even without the endorsement, we remain the only (real) celebrity currency featuring a celebrity that is cool with the project.

May 08, 2014, 04:55:04 AM
They [the foundation] aren't refusing the donations or pulling their support - they just don't intend to promote Murraycoin at this time.
This is a huge opportunity for the Murray Bros. Foundation and remains a cutting edge way to raise money for good causes from and for people all over the world. I believe they recognize this opportunity but have enough irons in the fire right now that a decision couldn't be made at this time.
For now, let’s just enjoy pushing forward without them and begin to grow the Murraycoin market cap organically.

June 17, 2014, 10:05:11 PM
At block 130k, the new difficulty adjustment method kicks in.
On July 4th, 2014 the PoW algorithm will switch from standard Scrypt to Scrypt-2048.

July 13, 2014, 11:11:16 PM
The Murraycoin Project, LLC just received a significant, much-needed investment (amount will remain undisclosed) from a new investor plus an additional cash injection in the form of me personally selling the small investment group 3,000,000 MRY for $25,000 USD cash (of which half will be reinvested in The Murraycoin Project, LLC).

Murraycoin announcement thread

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
rdnkjdi
Legendary

Activity: 1256
Merit: 1009

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 02:01:06 AM

Fail.  No. 
brianbbad (OP)

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 02:40:57 AM

Gee, thanks for your insightful commentary.  Roll Eyes
Raxe.io

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2014, 02:56:19 AM

We'd be happy to help you setup an online and android wallet if you need it or if you want anything else just ask:

https://www.raxe.io/index.html#!products

thanks again good luck with the project.

Raxe.io / Example wallet: http://wallet.raxe.io
efreeti

Activity: 350
Merit: 104

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 03:29:57 AM

What unique feature is the coin offering? That is, why should investor give up bitcoin in exchange for Murraycoin ?
vuduchyld

Activity: 364

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 04:30:49 AM

Sleeping, yes.  Giant, no.
brianbbad (OP)

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 05:07:12 AM

What unique feature is the coin offering? That is, why should investor give up bitcoin in exchange for Murraycoin ?

Scrypt-N alg (not unique but notable) and, again, Bill Ghostbustin'-ass Murray!
Unlike Biebercoin or Coinye, Murraycoin actually has permission to exist. And unlike with Maxcoin, people outside of the crypto/finance world actually know who Bill Murray is.

We'll see. Nobody expected Dogecoin to blow up either.
Bitsaurus

Activity: 873
Merit: 1007

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 05:20:45 AM

Unlike Biebercoin or Coinye, Murraycoin actually has permission to exist. And unlike with Maxcoin, people outside of the crypto/finance world actually know who Bill Murray is.

You still see Doge as successful?  I see it as imploding given the price over the past few months.
Fraxinus
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 05:24:00 AM

I think I bumped into this coin quite a long time ago.Back at the time there were also this kind of statements-Murraycoin will be huge,etc.I don't think anything has changed since that and I assume that the coin won't experience a big rise.

scryptasicminer

Activity: 213

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 05:39:56 AM

This is not real benefit. Just marketing hype.
brianbbad (OP)

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 05:45:40 AM

You still see Doge as successful?  I see it as imploding given the price over the past few months.

Having a $12 million market cap is pretty successful; just because it won't be seeing any more big returns in the future doesn't make it unsuccessful. And really, none of the altcoins have experienced a level of popularity that is sustainable.

I mentioned in a different thread but I'll say it again here: I honestly think Murraycoin will be a big hit, but I'm trying to get the crypto community involved before it blows up so that they can guide the influx of newbies that will arrive on the scene.

I think I bumped into this coin quite a long time ago.Back at the time there were also this kind of statements-Murraycoin will be huge,etc.I don't think anything has changed since that and I assume that the coin won't experience a big rise.

The Murraycoin team ran out of funding until just recently, that's the main reason it has been in limbo. Again, I'm trying to grow the Murraycoin community, not pump the coin (the mainstream media will do that at some point in the near future).
brianbbad (OP)

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 05:46:34 AM

This is not real benefit. Just marketing hype.

Well, judging by your screen name, you would be biased against asic-resistant algorithms.  Grin
Sons_of_Crypto

Activity: 168

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 01:47:52 PM

Nice thread.  In the near future, all these folks can't say you didn't give them a good heads up before Murraycoin starts making waves.  People just don't realize what it takes behind the scenes to have a coin "make it" and with this dev and his solid track record plus ground & pound work he's currently doing, MRY is bound to take off.  In addition to your comments, the Bill Murray+Foundation connection+future mainstream appeal (when released) will only add to its worth.....maybe not today or tomorrow, but eventually.  Patience (with certain coins) will only benefit those holding them.  I myself have stocked up nicely on murraycoin as it's just a matter of time.

***Whale watching***
brianbbad (OP)

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 05:39:01 PM

Nice thread.  In the near future, all these folks can't say you didn't give them a good heads up before Murraycoin starts making waves.  People just don't realize what it takes behind the scenes to have a coin "make it" and with this dev and his solid track record plus ground & pound work he's currently doing, MRY is bound to take off.  In addition to your comments, the Bill Murray+Foundation connection+future mainstream appeal (when released) will only add to its worth.....maybe not today or tomorrow, but eventually.  Patience (with certain coins) will only benefit those holding them.  I myself have stocked up nicely on murraycoin as it's just a matter of time.

Patience is a virtue whose block reward is reducing rapidly! Wink
Sons_of_Crypto

Activity: 168

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 08:15:25 PM

Patience is a virtue whose block reward is reducing rapidly! Wink

and a pump (when the time is right) won't hurt either Wink

***Whale watching***
RobFordWotWot

Activity: 280

time

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 10:24:28 PM

I think I get wat your puttin down here.

Horses in midstream.
brianbbad (OP)

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 10:52:29 PM

Rob Ford is into crypto now? I guess that would be the best way to pay for crack.  Grin

Are bitcoin and altcoins catching on in Canada much? I'm in so cal.
RobFordWotWot

Activity: 280

time

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 11:21:19 PM

Rob Ford is into crypto now? I guess that would be the best way to pay for crack.  Grin

Are bitcoin and altcoins catching on in Canada much? I'm in so cal.

I can't divulge much but there will soon be major changes to the Canadian monetary system to expedite cryptocurrency adoption.

Sincerely,
Robert Bruce Ford

Horses in midstream.
Zer0Sum
Legendary

Activity: 1588
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 01:54:25 AM

This is not well known in America, but Bill Murray was paid $2 million to promote Bitcoin in Japan.
brianbbad (OP)

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 02:31:13 AM

This is not well known in America, but Bill Murray was paid $2 million to promote Bitcoin in Japan.

Oh wow. I don't know if you're joking or not, but either way... awesome!  Cool
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: