Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 11:44:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [help ME] I got an unconfirmed transaction  (Read 1052 times)
mac2k13 (OP)

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 01:55:44 AM

So here's the scenario, I was trying to send 0.28 to a exchange site which will automatically convert my coins into cash (our currency)
Now, In my order it was 0.28 so I send 0.2801 adding a 0.0001 for the(it does not ask for fee's tho). So, the order would expire for 20minutes.
But still no confirmations yet. Please help me.. How do I recover my coins?or How do I get it back?PRETTY PLEASE...

It's been like 3 hours, still no confirmation..
Here's the hash : https://blockchain.info/address/16LcgnxBGnkqm7DDDe57DhiYEu1vU41nsA

what should I do? Does it will still return to my wallet?
 Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed

donate me BTC 1FtAc2GNg6NhaFjgAhgsU7BVTxRYbZrmTP
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4616

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 02:03:48 AM

So here's the scenario, I was trying to send 0.28 to a exchange site which will automatically convert my coins into cash (our currency)
Now, In my order it was 0.28 so I send 0.2801 adding a 0.0001 for the(it does not ask for fee's tho). So, the order would expire for 20minutes.
But still no confirmations yet. Please help me.. How do I recover my coins?or How do I get it back?PRETTY PLEASE...

It's been like 3 hours, still no confirmation..
Here's the hash : https://blockchain.info/address/16LcgnxBGnkqm7DDDe57DhiYEu1vU41nsA

what should I do? Does it will still return to my wallet?
 Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed

It will likely confirm soon.

Unfortunately you can't always count on blocks occurring every 10 minutes.

If the transaction confirms after the expiration, you'll need to contact support for the exchange site and ask them how they will resolve it.
mac2k13 (OP)

Activity: 65

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 02:08:07 AM

Thanks for the response.. I'm freakin out rightnow.. Are you really sure it would be confirmed? I have covered the fees, I really hope so that I could get it.. Its a bit small for others, but its a huge amount to me  Embarrassed

donate me BTC 1FtAc2GNg6NhaFjgAhgsU7BVTxRYbZrmTP
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4298
Merit: 3214

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 02:11:28 AM
Last edit: August 15, 2014, 11:07:08 PM by odolvlobo

According to blockr.io, it was confirmed 3 hours ago and now has 19 confirmations.

http://btc.blockr.io/tx/info/ee9230c63529fac7ee9eb5ce21b68aa6d441b62536b0fff60b30fd88c7e95fbf

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4616

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 02:15:29 AM

odolvlobo is correct.

The transaction already has 19 confirmations.

Blockchain.info seems to be having a problem with their website.  It is failing to notice any of the recent blocks.

The exchange service you are using should be able to see the confirmed transaction in their wallet unless they are using a blockchain.info wallet.  In that case, they need to contact blockchain.info support.
lynn_402

Activity: 462
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 01:32:46 PM

Some exchanges can be quite slow in accepting a confirmed transaction. Cryptsy often shows the incoming transaction as having about 2 confirmations less than what it actually has, so keep that in mind when depositing to exchanges. It can be slower if their wallets are on maintenance.
Coef

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

Exhausted

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 02:38:34 PM

odolvlobo is correct.

The transaction already has 19 confirmations.

Blockchain.info seems to be having a problem with their website.  It is failing to notice any of the recent blocks.

That problem is on blockchain.info for at least weeks if not months.
When a block includes your tx and becomes orphaned, blockchain.info will get stuck and will just keep saying your tx is unconfirmed even if the tx has been included in another non-orphaned block later.

InwardContour

Activity: 644
Merit: 260

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 02:50:40 PM

This is a well known issue which they should fix sooner of later, in the meantime just use another block explorer to be sure about the confirmations.
Beyonce

Activity: 86

Surfbort.

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 03:01:00 PM

So did it confirm? All you need is patience with these things, and it's not like you would have lost your money anyway.

Bow down, bitches.
Lamigo

Activity: 571
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 04:55:17 PM

So did it confirm? All you need is patience with these things, and it's not like you would have lost your money anyway.

Yes it has 299 confirmation now already. You can see that with blockr.io link in post #4 or on any other blockexplorers like biteasy.

CozyLife

Activity: 84

Theymos, unban my account.

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2014, 10:59:44 PM

I just wanted to point out that you can't "recover" your funds when you send them. The best you can do is ask the recipient to send the money back once they get it. Bitcoin works off of cryptography, not a central party managing your funds like banks do. That's the beauty of it. The people who process the transactions are called "miners." To send your transaction with a fee, you need to set the fee in the appropriate field on whatever wallet you're using for your transaction. If you add the fee to the amount being sent, you're sending the fee to the recipient as an overpayment. If you're using Bitcoin Core, you'll need to set up your fee in the options menu. If you need help with this, just ask and someone will tell you how o set the fees in whatever client you're using.

Edit: By the way, the reason for the 3 hour wait is most likely because you didn't set the fee properly and sent it without a fee. Miners process transactions with fees before they process those without. Be sure to set the fee properly so you don't have to wait as long next time. Bitcoin transactions often take only 10 minutes or a bit longer to confirm when set with the appropriate fee.

Due to an article that BitcoinTalk didn't like that I wrote on CCN, my account is banned. Theymos refuses to reply to my request for hearing his side of the story instead of banning my account. Please sign my petition to get Theymos to unban my account. Thank you.
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4298
Merit: 3214

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 11:08:25 PM

Edit: By the way, the reason for the 3 hour wait is most likely because you didn't set the fee properly and sent it without a fee. Miners process transactions with fees before they process those without. Be sure to set the fee properly so you don't have to wait as long next time. Bitcoin transactions often take only 10 minutes or a bit longer to confirm when set with the appropriate fee.

There was no 3 hour wait. Blockchain.info was reporting the transaction's status incorrectly.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: