Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 05:35:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Good news everyone!  (Read 4252 times)
slaveforanunnak1 (OP)

Activity: 743
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 02:19:14 AM
Last edit: August 14, 2014, 04:17:56 AM by slaveforanunnak1

I am a network guy and I work for a company that used to be one of the internet pioneers. Recently however, we have been sidestepped by other companies a bit,  but we are still around and trying to turn things around with new software that frankly is pretty awesome. Anyway, we had an all hands meeting the other day and after the meeting I went up to our CEO and asked him what's his opinion on taking BTC as a form of payment. I was expecting a very short answer that was negative, and to my surprise it was completely the opposite. He seemed very interested and asked me question after question about mining, MT GOX, alt-coins etc. We spoke  for a bout 5 minutes and afterwards he told me to send an email to some of the guys way up on the pole and CC him, which I did! I'm SO EXCITED! I feel like i just asked a girl out to prom Cheesy and she said welll.... maybe  LULZ.
commandrix

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 02:45:19 AM

That's awesome. What's the name of the company you work for? It's nice to hear about somebody's boss being receptive when you hear about so many bosses who won't accept an idea that didn't originate with them.
wzb422

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 02:49:48 AM

wow, it really a good news!
Leina

Activity: 152
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 03:08:01 AM

I am a network guy and I work for a company that used to be one of the internet pioneers. Recently however, we have been sidestepped by other companies a bit,  but we are still around and trying to turn things around with new software that frankly is pretty awesome. Anyway, we had an all hands meeting the other day and after the meeting I went up to our CEO and asked him what's his opinion on taking BTC as a form of payment. I was expecting a very short answer that was negative, and to my surprise it was completely the opposite. He seemed very interested and asked me question after question about mining, MT GOX, alt-coins etc. We spoke  for a bout 5 minutes and afterwards he told me to send an email to some of the guys way up on the pole and CC him, which I did! I'm SO EXCITED! I feel like i just asked a girl out to prom Cheesy

What country is your company?

Bitcoin transaction only work well for cross border trade. For local trade, it is usually best to use cash or credit card.
slaveforanunnak1 (OP)

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 03:27:05 AM
Last edit: August 14, 2014, 03:42:16 AM by slaveforanunnak1

I am a network guy and I work for a company that used to be one of the internet pioneers. Recently however, we have been sidestepped by other companies a bit,  but we are still around and trying to turn things around with new software that frankly is pretty awesome. Anyway, we had an all hands meeting the other day and after the meeting I went up to our CEO and asked him what's his opinion on taking BTC as a form of payment. I was expecting a very short answer that was negative, and to my surprise it was completely the opposite. He seemed very interested and asked me question after question about mining, MT GOX, alt-coins etc. We spoke  for a bout 5 minutes and afterwards he told me to send an email to some of the guys way up on the pole and CC him, which I did! I'm SO EXCITED! I feel like i just asked a girl out to prom Cheesy

What country is your company?

Bitcoin transaction only work well for cross border trade. For local trade, it is usually best to use cash or credit card.

We are based out of the us but our customers are world wide
EDIT: this did not come out right. We are based out OF US, and by that i meant like our HQ is inside the united states.

thanks
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 03:32:13 AM

The name of the company is?

Maybe we can send some emails to the company to help them with their decision to take Bitcoin. Some of us might already use them.

raganius

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 03:35:17 AM

That is really great. And it is for sure a trend: from now on more and more companies will look forward to accept and to work with cryptocurrencies. When we take into consideration the technological evolution, it's a very natural step.
jaberwock
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1073

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 03:36:18 AM

Internet pioneer company based outside of USA?

Interested to know its name

Can you?

slaveforanunnak1 (OP)

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 03:39:52 AM

Maybe we can send some emails to the company to help them with their decision to take Bitcoin. Some of us might already use them.

I really rather keep that private right now. I hope you can understand.
negafen

Activity: 218
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2014, 03:40:06 AM

If the company provide service world wide, you can probably advertise here and see how many will use your company service and pay using bitcoin.
slaveforanunnak1 (OP)

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 03:44:15 AM

Internet pioneer company based outside of USA?

Interested to know its name

Can you?

I meant out OF.. meaning that HQ is in the US.

I rather not name the company as of now.
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 03:48:13 AM

Is it the company that when you call tech support it blows out your eardrums with a hillbilly shout?

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4228
Merit: 4490

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 03:51:16 AM

there is multiple good reasons to not associate a legit business with a forum username. mostly to keep business/pleasure as 2 separate things and also a bit of risk reduction of potentially tarnishing your employers brand if you said something bad here, which would lead back to employer.

so yea we understand

one thing i would say though. ask your boss for you to be paid your wages in bitcoin (saves him converting it to fiat as much)

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
slaveforanunnak1 (OP)

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 04:02:21 AM

there is multiple good reasons to not associate a legit business with a forum username. mostly to keep business/pleasure as 2 separate things and also a bit of risk reduction of potentially tarnishing your employers brand if you said something bad here, which would lead back to employer.

so yea we understand

one thing i would say though. ask your boss for you to be paid your wages in bitcoin (saves him converting it to fiat as much)

Thanks for understanding.

Yes, if this thing pans out, I might end up having a meeting or two with them. I'll be sure to bring that up. Thanks for reminding me.
I sure would love to take a % of my paycheck in BTC.

Mieehayii

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 06:24:22 AM

What is the relationship with MtGox?

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀███▀████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▀▄█████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▄█▄▀████

███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀████████▀▀▀██▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████▀▀▀█████
███          ▀███   ████████   ██    ▀█████████   ██           ▀████   █████
███   █████▄   ██   ████████   ██      ▀███████   ██   ██████▄   ███   █████
███   ██████   ██   ████████   ██   █▄   ▀█████   ██   ████████   ██   █████
███   █████▀   ██   ████████   ██   ███▄   ▀███   ██   ████████   ██   █████
███          ▄███   ▀██████▀   ██   █████▄   ▀█   ██   ███████▀   ██   █████
███   ▄▄▄▄▄███████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ███   ███████▄      ██   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄███   █████
███   █████████████▄        ▄████   █████████▄    ██        ▄▄▄█████   █████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
.Any Store Can Buy, Sell and Accept Cryptocurrency.██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
[[[ Whitepaper    Twitter     Facebook]]]
[[[  Telegram      Medium     Youtube ]]]
lihuajkl
Legendary

Activity: 1596

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 06:46:41 AM

No just your boss, there are still many employers who are considering to take btc as a form of payment. Good news!
Fraxinus
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 06:53:35 AM

Any news regarding companies willing to accept bitcoin as a form of payment is great.I really hope there will be more people like this who take this step and if that happens we could say that bitcoin will definitely continue to grow.

Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 07:33:36 AM

I am a network guy and I work for a company that used to be one of the internet pioneers. Recently however, we have been sidestepped by other companies a bit,  but we are still around and trying to turn things around with new software that frankly is pretty awesome. Anyway, we had an all hands meeting the other day and after the meeting I went up to our CEO and asked him what's his opinion on taking BTC as a form of payment. I was expecting a very short answer that was negative, and to my surprise it was completely the opposite. He seemed very interested and asked me question after question about mining, MT GOX, alt-coins etc. We spoke  for a bout 5 minutes and afterwards he told me to send an email to some of the guys way up on the pole and CC him, which I did! I'm SO EXCITED! I feel like i just asked a girl out to prom Cheesy and she said welll.... maybe  LULZ.

Ready for another surprise?

"The last posting from your IP was less than 360 seconds ago. Please try again later.'   I know someone from my work is on this site all the time, because every once in while i get that error. we all share the same NAT.
I wonder who you are!!!!!!

will_see

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

https://bountyminer.io

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2014, 07:37:43 AM

yeah, great for real  Smiley

Ahayy

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile