Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 06:07:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Good news everyone!  (Read 4252 times)
williamj2543

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Get ready for PrimeDice Sig Campaign!

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2014, 08:32:00 AM

Great news, if we could get the company name (I know you would prefer not to disclose this information), that would be awesome. Imagine being the guy that got the CEO of apple to accept bitcoin. You'd be pretty famous and respected here on the forums!

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
dquancey

Activity: 587

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 08:36:51 AM

I am a network guy and I work for a company that used to be one of the internet pioneers. Recently however, we have been sidestepped by other companies a bit,  but we are still around and trying to turn things around with new software that frankly is pretty awesome. Anyway, we had an all hands meeting the other day and after the meeting I went up to our CEO and asked him what's his opinion on taking BTC as a form of payment. I was expecting a very short answer that was negative, and to my surprise it was completely the opposite. He seemed very interested and asked me question after question about mining, MT GOX, alt-coins etc. We spoke  for a bout 5 minutes and afterwards he told me to send an email to some of the guys way up on the pole and CC him, which I did! I'm SO EXCITED! I feel like i just asked a girl out to prom Cheesy

What country is your company?

Bitcoin transaction only work well for cross border trade. For local trade, it is usually best to use cash or credit card.

How is cash/card still better?

For instance, I need to make a payment for some goods I bought this morning and need to pay via bank transfer. Pain in the arse, need to logon and setup a new recipient, receive a call from my bank confirming the new recipient, then able to transfer funds.

With BTC, I could of sent to his address in seconds.
Skoupi

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

Skoupi the Great

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 08:38:13 AM

He seemed very interested and asked me question after question about mining, MT GOX, alt-coins etc. We spoke  for a bout 5 minutes

Lips sealed 5 minutes doesn't sound very promising... Anyway gl!
bitbets

Activity: 448

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 08:39:13 AM

Bitcoin is my way to buy stuff on the net,

so I am glad to have more places to shop Smiley

,╓▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄╓                 
            ╓▄█████████████████▄╖           
         ╓▄█████▀▀'▒,,,,,╠'▀▀█████▄,         
       ,▓███▀╜,▄▄███████████▄▄,╙▀████╖       
      ▄███▀ ▄█████▀▀"``╙"▀▀█████▄ ▀███▄     
     ▓███╜╓████▀ ,▄▄█████▄▄, ▀████,╙███▌     
    ▓███`╔███▀ ╓▓███▀▀▀▀▀████╖ ▀███@"███▌   
   ]███▌┌███▌ ▐███         ███▄ ▐███ ▐███,   
   ▐███ ▐███ .███           ███  ███▌ ███▌   
   ▐███ ▐███ '███           ███  ███▌ ███▌   
   ]███@╙███@ ▀██▌        ,▄██▌ ▐███ ▐███`   
    ▓███ ▐███▄ ╙██▀╩     9███╜ ╔███▀,███▌   
     ████,╙███▌               ▓███╜,████     
      ▀███▄ ▀╜                 ▀▀ ▄███▌     
       ╙████▄,                 ╓▄████╜       
         ╙█████▄▄╓,       ,╓▄▄█████▀         
            ▀▀█████████████████▀▀           
                '▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀'

CloakCoin |  Trustless Anonymous Cryptocurrency |  PoSA3
Forum | Bitcointalk |  Twitter |  Facebook |  VK |  Reddit |  CloakTV |  Instagram |  IRC-Chat |  Faucet
franckuestein
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1130

Truth will out!

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2014, 08:56:55 AM

That's great!

Can you tell us the name or the company? You're great guys! haha
I want to know it  Wink Wink

[ AVAILABLE SIGNATURE SPACE ]
The00Dustin

Activity: 807

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 10:20:07 AM

Come on guys, the OP obviously works for Yahoo!  I knew that within the first two sentences.  Not sure why Yahoo! is using a single NAT IP for all of their employees, though...   Roll Eyes
dquancey

Activity: 587

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 11:10:53 AM

Come on guys, the OP obviously works for Yahoo!  I knew that within the first two sentences.  Not sure why Yahoo! is using a single NAT IP for all of their employees, though...   Roll Eyes

Never thought about Yahoo.

I initially thought it might of been AOL or something like that?

Are AOL even still on the go?
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 11:29:16 AM

I've suspected the Yahoo/China connection would covet Bitcoin as their edge.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
oceans

Activity: 406

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 11:39:23 AM

This is great news especially since people are always so shy about mentioning bitcoin for getting a negative answer for you to get a positive one and it seeming to start to get the ball rolling for a company to potentially start allowing this as a form of payment. I really hope you get even more positive answers from the people higher up and this starts becoming a payment option for another company Smiley
BTCtalkScammerDetective

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 11:50:22 AM

Great news this is going to benefit a lot of us well all of us who use bitcoin.
iluvpie60

Activity: 700

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 12:39:29 PM

I am a network guy and I work for a company that used to be one of the internet pioneers. Recently however, we have been sidestepped by other companies a bit,  but we are still around and trying to turn things around with new software that frankly is pretty awesome. Anyway, we had an all hands meeting the other day and after the meeting I went up to our CEO and asked him what's his opinion on taking BTC as a form of payment. I was expecting a very short answer that was negative, and to my surprise it was completely the opposite. He seemed very interested and asked me question after question about mining, MT GOX, alt-coins etc. We spoke  for a bout 5 minutes and afterwards he told me to send an email to some of the guys way up on the pole and CC him, which I did! I'm SO EXCITED! I feel like i just asked a girl out to prom Cheesy and she said welll.... maybe  LULZ.

Very interesting! Thank you for taking the initiative to do this! Things like this will help pave the way forward for bitcoin. The more companies that use it the more people will look at it and say hmm, all these companies are accepting it as payment, it must be legit! That will help  user adoption in the long run and finally get us going forward on a path that gets away from USD Smiley
slaveforanunnak1 (OP)

Activity: 743
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 03:42:17 PM

Hahahhaha DAT NAT is actually not for "all employee" but for one floor in one office.
Anyway.. When was the last time you bought anything off of yahoo ?  Just saying .... Do they even have  direct to consumer products?

The00Dustin

Activity: 807

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 04:03:07 PM

Do they even have  direct to consumer products?

E-mail, but I was joking about it being Yahoo! simply because that really did pop in my head as I read the first two sentences.  The bit about the NAT was meant to allude to that.
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 04:18:57 PM

It's IBM

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
zedicus
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2014, 04:27:27 PM

This is great news especially since people are always so shy about mentioning bitcoin for getting a negative answer for you to get a positive one and it seeming to start to get the ball rolling for a company to potentially start allowing this as a form of payment. I really hope you get even more positive answers from the people higher up and this starts becoming a payment option for another company Smiley
I would disagree that people are shy about mentioning bitcoin to others. I think that people that own bitcoin have an incentive to mention it to others as it will get more people to use it and cause the bitcoin they own to increase in value.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
StevenS

Activity: 206
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 07:36:49 PM

Our company started accepting bitcoin for online purchases last year.
So far, 2 orders have been paid with bitcoin, one with 0.0463BTC and the other with 0.3275BTC.
We typically receive about $35,000.00 in credit card payments on about 50 orders per month.
Bitcoin is presented as a payment method on every order right next to credit card and PayPal options.
MakeBelieve

Activity: 602

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 10:35:27 PM

It's just a matter of time. People has to absorb this new channel of payment. It will explode very soon.

It's already exploded a few times I think we've made good progress and of course I think there will be more explosions and finally Bitcoin will become mainstream...thats the day when we all celebrate and stop seeing threads about cashing out in fiat.

On a mission to make Bitcointalk.org Marketplace a safer place to Buy/Sell/Trade
slaveforanunnak1 (OP)

Activity: 743
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 11:08:38 PM

i have not gotten an email reply back yet!
hmmmmmm m
 Huh it's been 36 hours!
Leina

Activity: 152
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 05:08:44 AM

I am a network guy and I work for a company that used to be one of the internet pioneers. Recently however, we have been sidestepped by other companies a bit,  but we are still around and trying to turn things around with new software that frankly is pretty awesome. Anyway, we had an all hands meeting the other day and after the meeting I went up to our CEO and asked him what's his opinion on taking BTC as a form of payment. I was expecting a very short answer that was negative, and to my surprise it was completely the opposite. He seemed very interested and asked me question after question about mining, MT GOX, alt-coins etc. We spoke  for a bout 5 minutes and afterwards he told me to send an email to some of the guys way up on the pole and CC him, which I did! I'm SO EXCITED! I feel like i just asked a girl out to prom Cheesy

What country is your company?

Bitcoin transaction only work well for cross border trade. For local trade, it is usually best to use cash or credit card.

How is cash/card still better?

For instance, I need to make a payment for some goods I bought this morning and need to pay via bank transfer. Pain in the arse, need to logon and setup a new recipient, receive a call from my bank confirming the new recipient, then able to transfer funds.

With BTC, I could of sent to his address in seconds.

What did you buy your good and why is the company only taking bank transfer?

What country is this?
jaberwock
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1073

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 05:21:07 AM

Yes, indeed good new.

But you gave really good hints to peope identify where you work, if they really implement Bitcoin as payment and it goes to the news(Internet pioneer - sidestepped by other companies - with branches around the world -  probably they have no 3th part network stuff).

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: