Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 04:49:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Will bitcoins benefits me as a student to London  (Read 2043 times)
Ukymos (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 07:16:47 AM

Hi guys
I am going to London this September for my higher education. Since the bank conversion charges are high. Will bitcoin help me to save on conversion rates and bank charges ? 
I am planning to buy btc and convert it to pounds as soon I arrive in London and deposit in my London bank account. And I have no plans of holding it in btc.

Pls provide your valuable suggestion.
BitCoinDream
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1204

The revolution will be digital

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 09:06:08 AM

Hi guys
I am going to London this September for my higher education. Since the bank conversion charges are high. Will bitcoin help me to save on conversion rates and bank charges ? 
I am planning to buy btc and convert it to pounds as soon I arrive in London and deposit in my London bank account. And I have no plans of holding it in btc.

Pls provide your valuable suggestion.

The idea is good. Taking coins from India and holding it there is fine. But, converting all to pound may raise concern to London authorities and u may be subjected to AML for not declaring your currency at customs.

Ukymos (OP)

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 09:21:27 AM

If I am correct I can take upto 10000 £ without declaring to uk customs. And I am maintaining  30 Lakhs   in my bank account for my visa. . The only reason I am planning to chage to btc is that I want to reduce the cross currency charges and other bank charges.
discodancer

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

Time is Money - Benjamin Franklin

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 01:13:36 PM

If I am correct I can take upto 10000 £ without declaring to uk customs. And I am maintaining  30 Lakhs   in my bank account for my visa. . The only reason I am planning to chage to btc is that I want to reduce the cross currency charges and other bank charges.
But then remember there is an exchange risk too. If you think BTC/GBP will be more valuable than GBP/INR then yeah its a good idea.
Ukymos (OP)

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 05:23:12 PM

But then remember there is an exchange risk too. If you think BTC/GBP will be more valuable than GBP/INR then yeah its a good idea.
That's the reason I am planning not to hold any btc. But convert them to GDP as soon as I concert my inr to btc.
I would be nice if some one provide me some trusted websites or contacts in London to convert my btc to GDP will minimum comming.
And pls suggest if you know any other methods in which I can benifits from these bank charges.
polynesia
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 10:39:50 AM

What sort of transaction charges (or bid-ask spread) will you incur when you convert INR into bitcoins. From what I have seen at exchanges, this could be pretty high. It might even be more than bank charges for converting INR into GBP.
foobarjohndoe

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 09:57:36 AM

Wait isn't this illlegal?

Why would a British exchange allow this for an Indian citizen?

They would ask for some identification right?

Please enlighten me on this matter.
Benson Samuel
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1000

Landscaping Bitcoin for India!

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2014, 08:47:35 AM

That's the reason I am planning not to hold any btc. But convert them to GDP as soon as I concert my inr to btc.
I would be nice if some one provide me some trusted websites or contacts in London to convert my btc to GDP will minimum comming.
And pls suggest if you know any other methods in which I can benifits from these bank charges.

Try a Bitcurex card. Its a VISA that you can load up with BTC and swipe all over Europe.
My cuz just left for Oxford, sent a card with him Smiley Not sure if he has got to use it as yet though.

indiangrad

Activity: 227
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 08:04:48 AM

It could save you some forex conversion charges as well if you can find the right deals. In fact, it could give you an arbitrage sometimes.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: