Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 11:03:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: CANDY for your BITCOINS  (Read 14503 times)
BitcoinMint.US

Activity: 284
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 05, 2012, 06:11:06 AM
Last edit: May 09, 2012, 01:36:42 AM by BitcoinMint.US

I guess my complaint would be similar to this:

Some of the items (Tootsie rolls, Skittles) were opened and some of the stuff removed in order to get the weight right. This is fine, but I would suggest that you stop selling by weight and start selling by standard quantities such as per bag/box/container/etc.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CANDIES (OP)

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 05, 2012, 05:52:49 PM
Last edit: May 07, 2012, 02:30:08 AM by CANDIES

Lets start with the packaging. Please look at the pic of orange slices that i posted. Thats 30 pounds of orange slices in two 15 pound bags. You only wanted 1 pound. You do not have the option of an unopened package unless you buy a 15 pound bag. I have to put your orange slices in something. The bags i used are food grade bags from the grocery store. I used them cause i dont have anything else. I also get them for free. It seemed like a good idea instead of spending money on bags. However after using them a few times i will admit i can do better with the packaging. Ziplock bags seem appropriate. Only problem is they cost money. That cost gets past on to you. And then people cry the price is high. If you guys want ziplock bags i will get them just be aware of the cost factor.

About the price. Sometimes my price will be lower than retail. Sometimes it will be higher. Dont beat me up about it. Im not getting rich off you. I sell most of my candy for 1 coin of less. I think my prices are fair. I can see being upset if my price was outrageously higher but some of you guys are complaining about $1-2 difference. I know everybody wants a good deal but i cant beat everybody when competing against all of the internet. I may not always have the best price but i will have a fresh product delivered to your door for a reasonable price.

About shipping. I know paying shipping sucks. What do you want me to do about it? Whether its candy or compacter parts if you want goods delivered you have to pay. I have to pay shipping twice. Once to get the candy to me and again to get the candy to you. Thats money out of my pocket not coins. So trust me i know how it feels. One coin ship for 3 boxes of mike and ike would not make sense. But you didnt get just mike and ike you also got orange slices, air heads, M&M's, jelly beans, and sour patch kids. Your box was packed real nice with lots of yummy stuff. One coin to ship all that is reasonable. Its not like i made that money off you that went to shipping.

About getting this stuff from a candy factory. I think you guys are expecting something greater than what i can provide because i get this from a factory. I know its awesome getting your candy right from the factory but its not a wholesale store. Its a retail store. They sell for full retail price. Most people who PM me are expecting bulk prices for 1-2 pound orders. It doesnt work like that. You guys are the end consumer. You guys dont get my prices. That bulk discount is where i make my money. Im not a large retailer who can provide huge discounts. Im one guy who is buying in bulk and trying to make money by piecing it out. Im not in a position to give you discounted prices for 1 coin orders.
rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
May 05, 2012, 06:34:56 PM

Lets start with the packaging. Please look at the pic of orange slices that i posted. Thats 30 pounds of orange slices in two 15 pound bags. You only wanted 1 pound. You do not have the option of an unopened package unless you buy a 15 pound bag. I have to put your orange slices in something. The bags i used are food grade bags from the grocery store. I used them cause i dont have anything else. I also get them for free. It seemed like a good idea instead of spending money on bags. However after using them a few times i will admit i can do better with the packaging. Ziplock bags seem appropriate. Only problem is they cost money. That cost gets past on to you. And then people cry the price is high. If you guys want ziplock bags i will get them just be aware of the cost factor.
In my case, if I would have known that (for example) the tootsie rolls came in sealed 6 pound boxes, I would have ordered 12 pounds instead of 10, so that I would get 2 sealed boxes. But I had no idea what the standard measurement or weight was.

The best thing to do would be to outline the standard sealed sizes that are available to you, so that people know what to expect when the order in a lesser amount. Each item in the OP could have a note saying whether the standard size is a bag, a box, per each, etc., and the weight of each unit size. That would be the best way to handle it.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
CANDIES (OP)

View Profile
May 05, 2012, 07:31:15 PM

He placed his order before we discussed unopened packages. From now on i will be sure to let you guys know if the candy will be sold loose.

I know it would be nice if i could put the size of the packages in my OP but i cant. For example, somebody asks me for starbursts. I check our inventory and the best deal is for 18oz bags. So i add starbursts in my OP with 18oz next to it. Its now 3 weeks later and somebody wants starbursts. I check our inventory and the best deal on that day is for an 8oz box. I cant list a set weight or price per package cause both of those factors change every few days.
rjk

1ngldh

View Profile
May 05, 2012, 08:37:43 PM

He placed his order before we discussed unopened packages. From now on i will be sure to let you guys know if the candy will be sold loose.

I know it would be nice if i could put the size of the packages in my OP but i cant. For example, somebody asks me for starbursts. I check our inventory and the best deal is for 18oz bags. So i add starbursts in my OP with 18oz next to it. Its now 3 weeks later and somebody wants starbursts. I check our inventory and the best deal on that day is for an 8oz box. I cant list a set weight or price per package cause both of those factors change every few days.
OK I wasn't aware that they changed like that, that's kind of hard to work with.

On another note, how about the starburst jellybeans in the "FaveRed" flavor? It is the usual jellybeans, but only the red and pink ones. Grin Also, some milk chocolate oranges, omnomnom. How much for a couple bags of FaveReds and some oranges?

This forum needs a drooling smiley face. Grin

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
SaltySpitoon
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
May 05, 2012, 09:02:09 PM

On another note, how about the starburst jellybeans in the "FaveRed" flavor? It is the usual jellybeans, but only the red and pink ones. Grin Also, some milk chocolate oranges, omnomnom. How much for a couple bags of FaveReds and some oranges?

Do you have diabetes yet?
rjk

1ngldh

View Profile
May 05, 2012, 09:19:22 PM

Do you have diabetes yet?
I dunno, what's the symptoms? My balls itch, if that is relevant. Grin Grin

CANDIES (OP)

View Profile
May 05, 2012, 09:36:53 PM

BitcoinMint, no hard feelings. You are entitled to your opinion. I agree with you about the packaging for loose candy being cheap. Something like that can be improved. I will definitely look in to ziplock bags. If you have any suggestions for me i would like to hear them. But to flat out say you dont recommend me is a little harsh. You bring up a good point. We did not discuss the amount of candy you will receive. You told me what you want. I told you a price. And that was that. From now on i will tell you guys how many packages you will receive and what the weight will be.

RJK, the way things work with our inventory is very difficult for me to work with. It would be much easier if there was a set price and weight for each candy but unfortunately there is not. Each brand distributes their candy in various ways with different size packages. Sometimes the average size packages are the best deal sometimes the over sized packages is the best deal. It really depends on whats in stock. I will find out about the FaveRed jellybeans.
player3

Activity: 80

View Profile
May 06, 2012, 05:30:12 AM

hey, do you have chewy assorted lemon heads and friends (or whatever)?

player3

Activity: 80

View Profile
May 06, 2012, 07:30:55 PM

OH more importantly, can you get gummy peach rings?  Grin

CANDIES (OP)

View Profile
May 06, 2012, 09:40:45 PM

I can get chewy lemonheads and gummy peach rings. You have a PM.
Mushroomized
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

Hello!

View Profile
May 06, 2012, 10:20:11 PM

So if you have UFO wafers, you will be my hero and i will love you forever - http://www.amazon.com/Satellite-Wafers-240-count-Boxes-~Gerrits/dp/B003UIFL0S/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1336342685&sr=8-1

hi
CANDIES (OP)

View Profile
May 06, 2012, 10:43:05 PM

I can get the regular and the sour wafers. You have a PM.
CANDIES (OP)

View Profile
May 09, 2012, 10:30:58 PM

I got chewy lemonheads and gummy peach rings today......

nckrazze

Activity: 294

View Profile
May 09, 2012, 11:50:42 PM

I am interested in the sour peach o's. How much does 1BTC buy? How is that comparable to the picture?
Mushroomized
Legendary

Hello!

View Profile
May 10, 2012, 04:33:11 PM

I am interested in the sour peach o's. How much does 1BTC buy? How is that comparable to the picture?
THEY ARE CALLED PEACH RINGS

hi
nckrazze

Activity: 294

View Profile
May 10, 2012, 05:03:50 PM

I'm sorry I disappointed you.
Mushroomized
Legendary

Hello!

View Profile
May 10, 2012, 05:14:06 PM

I'm sorry I disappointed you.
It's ok.

When I get coins later this month I need to order some candy for sure though

hi
Uncurlhalo

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

|Argus| Accounting and Auditing on the Blockchain

View Profile
May 10, 2012, 07:09:51 PM

So I just got my order! Everything looked great! +1

Argus the revolution in making
CANDIES (OP)

View Profile
May 11, 2012, 08:40:10 PM

Peach rings are 0.6 for 1 pound. The bags shown are 4.5 pound bags.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: