Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 01:22:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is there an automatic altcoin-bitcoin exchange service?  (Read 1203 times)
konradp (OP)

Activity: 129
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 09:47:04 AM

Hi,

I need to find an automatic altcoin/bitcoin exchange service, that is I need the following:

1. I have some altcoins on address A
2. The service allows me to send those funds to an address provided by them
3. I give them my bitcoin address B
4. After a successful transaction they send me bitcoins to address B.

Is there anything like this?
Relnarien

Activity: 399
Merit: 257

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 10:17:10 AM

Some altcoin exchanges have an auto-sell feature which, when enabled, automatically puts all deposited funds up on the market at a predetermined price range (highest buying price, highest selling price, etc.). Cryptsy does that, as far as I recall. I don't know of any exchange allowing automatic Bitcoin withdrawals though.

Apart from what I have mentioned, which you can use to emulate the service that you're asking about to some effect, no, there is no such service that does exactly that.
konradp (OP)

Activity: 129
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 11:02:35 AM

Thanks!

I'm now reading this:
https://www.cryptsy.com/pages/privateapi

And I can see I can put a proposition to sell e.g. LTC for BTC, what I can't see is:
1. Where can I put an address to which BTC should be send after a successful transaction
2. How can I know there was a successful transaction?

Or maybe I'm missing something, and services like this work in a completely different way than I think they should work?
BTCat
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1010

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 01:00:26 PM

Carefull with the autosell feature. If there is no buysupport or a gap you might autosell way under value.
You can also set triggers on Cryptsy to only buy/sell at a certain price. I don't think there is an auto-withdraw function so you get the btc on cryptsy account.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: