I don't easily give up.
Read up on the spectacular fail of the Bitcoin Snowball here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=69462.0
Although the final outcome wasn't necessarily bad (just low as hell and little exciting; and the trickster may yet have to face his personal consequences), I believe the main reason for its failure was that it lacked a tangible goal.
I'm inclined to kick off the Bitcoin Snowball once more, but this time I'll do it only if people give me confidence that the community widely backs the idea for a serious effort towards a sensible purpose.
The rules shall be the same, except:
- The Snowball must this time reach a size of 1000 BTC
. The final contributor to add up to the 1000 BTC (aka the winner) gets the honor of finalizing the Snowball and donating the full amount to the Make-A-Wish Foundation (www.wish.org
). In the meantime, the Make-A-Wish Foundation must be persuaded to accept donations in Bitcoin.
- In addition to that, the winner gets to have their name/business/website (or all) inscribed in the Bitcoin Snowball Memorial Plaque (see below). The plaque will be displayed for all to see.
- Every participant to forward the Snowball may advertize their business/website or just have their name added to the list of contributors by signing the handover of the Snowball. The list will be maintained in order of appearance. Appearances on the list will be visually influenced according to the nature of the contribution:
Everything up to 0.99999999 BTC (normal text formatting)Single-digit contribution (bold)Double-digit contribution or more (bold +size)Final contributor/winner (bold ++size)
Bonus number magic:
Every contribution received with the number "1337"
in it gets the recipient an additional sunglassed smilie
Every contribution received with the number "69"
in it gets the recipient an additional kissing smilie
Every contribution received with the number "666"
in it gets the recipient a secret blessing
Important! The number magic works not on you but on the next in line! They'll be given the blessing/smilie!
- A proper handover of the Snowball may look as simple as this:
I'll play along: 1KDuLZ3pSANA8vwbbWZCGqeoEGnJUs7vFk
x.1337 BTC sent.
Timmy's Bitcoin Business
"Timmy's Bitcoin Business" will then be added to the list of contributors. If you wish to not be listed don't put anything there. In this example, "Next recipient" is given a sunglass smilie (IF he/she successfully forwards the Snowball and chooses to appear on the list by signing the handover). Websites will be hyperlinked for free.
- I'll rename the 'experiment' to a 'mission'.
*** JOB OPPORTUNITY!!! ***
You're looking for a Bitcoin job?? Here's what you have to do:
Your task will be to follow the thread and observe the Snowball handovers and reliably forward an updated list of contributors to me (either daily or whenever an update is necessary) with the proper BBCode formatting (see above). I will then update the article with the latest list.
Payment: 20 BTC (5 BTC upfront, the rest when mission accomplished)
What do you think?
Possible design of the memorial plaque to be inaugurated when mission accomplished: