Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 09:39:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 80 btc around the world  (Read 3534 times)
80btcworldtrip (OP)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 11:34:18 AM

So my dream project is this and i hope to make it happen. I made an account and posted my project, since i saw people are interested about this and it will give me the opportunity to answer to questions.

80 btc around the world

I will abandon the corrupt banking system and leave all fiat currency behind on the 1st of January in 2015, trying to survive only on bitcoins talking about it in every corner of the globe. I am planning to visit at least 75% of the states/nations that there are in the world (UNO counts 196 and Wiki says 209). Therefore it will be forbidden for me to exchange bitcoin into fiatcurrency by myself or a third party. I hope you understand that i will not travel to countries at war or the north or south pole.You might lose all your investments and i can't even promise that there will be any refund for what you fund. I will take videos and pictures on my journey for sure and would be willing to team up with a documentary team if you wish so, and constantly update my web page. I will enable a person to act as a killswitch if something happens to me so your Bitcoins will partially be refunded in case i die on my trip.

Thanks for pledging

See more at: https://bitcoinstarter.com/projects/947

p.s I will create a web page and i will buy a smartphone with bitcoins so you can track my activity and inform you about my trip

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rz20
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 12:46:23 PM

I will also do the same and record everything in livestreaming if you give me 80 btc, or maybe I could run with the btcs once they were on my wallet.
Vortex20000

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

sucker got hacked and screwed --Toad

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2014, 02:14:39 PM

Quote from: rz20
I will also do the same and record everything in livestreaming if you give me 80 btc, or maybe I could run with the btcs once they were on my wallet.
If you do the latter cut me in on it.

> : )

BitCoinDream
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1204

The revolution will be digital

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 03:46:42 PM

So my dream project is this and i hope to make it happen. I made an account and posted my project, since i saw people are interested about this and it will give me the opportunity to answer to questions.

80 btc around the world

I will abandon the corrupt banking system and leave all fiat currency behind on the 1st of January in 2015, trying to survive only on bitcoins talking about it in every corner of the globe. I am planning to visit at least 75% of the states/nations that there are in the world (UNO counts 196 and Wiki says 209). Therefore it will be forbidden for me to exchange bitcoin into fiatcurrency by myself or a third party. I hope you understand that i will not travel to countries at war or the north or south pole.You might lose all your investments and i can't even promise that there will be any refund for what you fund. I will take videos and pictures on my journey for sure and would be willing to team up with a documentary team if you wish so, and constantly update my web page. I will enable a person to act as a killswitch if something happens to me so your Bitcoins will partially be refunded in case i die on my trip.

Thanks for pledging

See more at: https://bitcoinstarter.com/projects/947

p.s I will create a web page and i will buy a smartphone with bitcoins so you can track my activity and inform you about my trip

OMFG !!! Why should I sponsor your world tour ?

80btcworldtrip (OP)

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 04:43:08 PM

Because i will travel around the world surviving only on bitcoins spreading the message to every corner of the globe. It will be the first bitcoin world trip that without the support of the large bitcoin community will never happen!
 In this alternative and more direct way, people, even in places with low rates of internet connectivity, will be able to get all the information about Bitcoin. It is a fact that a huge amount of people are totally unaware of cryptocurencies: right now 0,01% of the world has adopted bitcoin and its value is 500$-imagine if this amount was 0,1%. The value of one bitcoin would become 5000$
 Moreover, big and innovative projects like this one, tend to get a whole lot of publicity e.g http://lifeonbitcoin.com/.
Initscri

Activity: 1540
Merit: 759

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2014, 08:21:21 AM

Because i will travel around the world surviving only on bitcoins spreading the message to every corner of the globe. It will be the first bitcoin world trip that without the support of the large bitcoin community will never happen!
 In this alternative and more direct way, people, even in places with low rates of internet connectivity, will be able to get all the information about Bitcoin. It is a fact that a huge amount of people are totally unaware of cryptocurencies: right now 0,01% of the world has adopted bitcoin and its value is 500$-imagine if this amount was 0,1%. The value of one bitcoin would become 5000$
 Moreover, big and innovative projects like this one, tend to get a whole lot of publicity e.g http://lifeonbitcoin.com/.

I think most of the people on this forum would just fail to see why you are the special one, including myself.

Anyone could do this. People who have received donations for something like this usually have something to release after their trip. For example, http://lifeonbitcoin.com/ is a documentary. I see you are saying you are going to write a book afterwards. Why not provide us with some accreditation of journalistic skills (such as previous book releases). You have yet to even give us your real name.

To state that your trip would increase the value of Bitcoin to $5,000 is absurd. There are a lot more variables in place than just promotion of Bitcoin, not even mentioning one person could not teach Bitcoin to that many people to even make a dent or a difference. Obviously, the only possible method of promotion from one person would require the personal to already had some form of a backing within the Bitcoin community (Considering you are posting with a 3 post account, I assume you do not -- prove me wrong.)

----------------------------------
Web Developer. PM for details.
----------------------------------
BitCoinDream
Legendary

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 09:00:38 AM

If I ask people to sponsor you, will u take me with u for the world tour ? Roll Eyes

80btcworldtrip (OP)

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 12:31:10 PM
Last edit: August 15, 2014, 12:55:07 PM by 80btcworldtrip

If I ask people to sponsor you, will u take me with u for the world tour ? Roll Eyes

If 100btc or more raised from your promotion, ofc you can as stated in the rewards part Smiley

I think most of the people on this forum would just fail to see why you are the special one, including myself.

Anyone could do this. People who have received donations for something like this usually have something to release after their trip. For example, http://lifeonbitcoin.com/ is a documentary. I see you are saying you are going to write a book afterwards. Why not provide us with some accreditation of journalistic skills (such as previous book releases). You have yet to even give us your real name.

To state that your trip would increase the value of Bitcoin to $5,000 is absurd. There are a lot more variables in place than just promotion of Bitcoin, not even mentioning one person could not teach Bitcoin to that many people to even make a dent or a difference. Obviously, the only possible method of promotion from one person would require the personal to already had some form of a backing within the Bitcoin community (Considering you are posting with a 3 post account, I assume you do not -- prove me wrong.)

The whole concept is the trip itself and promoting bitcoin everywhere in the world. While i am traveling, i will constantly give press releases and update my web page. I would travel as much as i can only on bitcoins-not using any fiat currency. After it i will release a documentary and a book.
I never stated that my trip will increase the value of bitcoin to $5.000 i just said that if bitcoin adoption reach 0,1% of the world population price will get to $5.000. I just believe personal contact is more valuable than internet information thats why this trip is innovative.
Bitcoin community is huge and i love to meet you all (probably in my trip) but unfortunately the only way to contact you for now is bitcointalk.

I will provide more information about myself, project details and web page as soon as possible
Wafel16

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 04:41:41 PM

This is amazing, i wish you all of the succes you can possibly get, ill keep an eye on this.
BitCoinDream
Legendary

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 04:45:04 PM

If 100btc or more raised from your promotion, ofc you can as stated in the rewards part Smiley

The whole concept is the trip itself and promoting bitcoin everywhere in the world. While i am traveling, i will constantly give press releases and update my web page. I would travel as much as i can only on bitcoins-not using any fiat currency. After it i will release a documentary and a book.
I never stated that my trip will increase the value of bitcoin to $5.000 i just said that if bitcoin adoption reach 0,1% of the world population price will get to $5.000. I just believe personal contact is more valuable than internet information thats why this trip is innovative.
Bitcoin community is huge and i love to meet you all (probably in my trip) but unfortunately the only way to contact you for now is bitcointalk.

I will provide more information about myself, project details and web page as soon as possible

I'll raise 100BTC for your 80BTC trip and then look for your acceptance ? Are u day-dreaming or what ? Cheesy

80btcworldtrip (OP)

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 06:50:38 PM
Last edit: August 15, 2014, 07:04:14 PM by 80btcworldtrip

I'll raise 100BTC for your 80BTC trip and then look for your acceptance ? Are u day-dreaming or what ? Cheesy

Look for my acceptance? Nobody said that! If you raise 100 btc you will share the trip with me and team up for filming a documentary, so you will be a part of the project and sign a royalty contract!
afkmember

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 08:07:09 PM

I like this project and i will try to support it although i cannot afford pledging. So i will promote it! Good luck!
Possum577

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2014, 08:51:44 PM

Going on a worldwide tour of advocacy of Bitcoin is a great idea. Asking people to fund your world travels not so much.

General people have nothing to gain except future tales of how you've spent their money to talk to someone in New Zealand about Bitcoin.

You should approach business, Bitcoin dependent businesses, about sponsoring your tour and you should have a specific list of stops, conferences, speaking engagements, or other plans to speak to people about Bitcoin (which in turn allows your advertisers to get more worldwide exposure.)

The gambling sites that have ad campaigns on this forum might be interested in supporting you.

Possum577

Activity: 434

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2014, 08:57:22 PM

right now 0,01% of the world has adopted bitcoin and its value is 500$-imagine if this amount was 0,1%. The value of one bitcoin would become 5000$

I'm concerned that you don't know how the value of one Bitcoin is influenced by higher adoption. Increased adoption of Bitcoin will not necessarily increase the value per Bitcoin, and the value of Bitcoin will definitely not be correlated to the percent of adoption.

If you go on this trip, make sure you have some smart "hero-type" members from this forum and the Bitcoin community to help you provide accurate information. Maybe your travels can be the spirit of what Bitcoin can do, the reality of it, using it for every day needs, and your stops and speaking engagements can highlight the real experts of the community and currency.

BitCoinDream
Legendary

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 09:03:57 PM

Look for my acceptance? Nobody said that! If you raise 100 btc you will share the trip with me and team up for filming a documentary, so you will be a part of the project and sign a royalty contract!

First create a YouTube vid introducing u & the project and depending on the depth I'll think about it.

80btcworldtrip (OP)

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 10:31:09 PM

First create a YouTube vid introducing u & the project and depending on the depth I'll think about it.

I will introduce myself and the project the way i think best and since you are capable of raising such amount of bitcoin so easily you will get a lot of deals Smiley
80btcworldtrip (OP)

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 11:05:36 PM

right now 0,01% of the world has adopted bitcoin and its value is 500$-imagine if this amount was 0,1%. The value of one bitcoin would become 5000$

I'm concerned that you don't know how the value of one Bitcoin is influenced by higher adoption. Increased adoption of Bitcoin will not necessarily increase the value per Bitcoin, and the value of Bitcoin will definitely not be correlated to the percent of adoption.

If you go on this trip, make sure you have some smart "hero-type" members from this forum and the Bitcoin community to help you provide accurate information. Maybe your travels can be the spirit of what Bitcoin can do, the reality of it, using it for every day needs, and your stops and speaking engagements can highlight the real experts of the community and currency.

Thanks for your suggestions. I know very well that the value of bitcoin is influenced by many factors, one of which world wide adoption.
Moreover i will use the time i have until the funding period is over to organize the trip in detail, create a web page, promote this project, constantly read and be always well informed about bitcoin news. And maybe get funded by a bitcoin atm company Cheesy
ALXBOB

Activity: 289

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 03:14:08 PM

Atm company or a travel agency Smiley For real now this project is really interesting but it needs a lot of things to get there!

Tales from the crypto

One Wallet to Rule them All! http://coinomi.com/ Now with Shapeshift integration!
zedicus
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2014, 04:20:38 PM

I don't think the OP so much needs information from this forum to be able to take this trip, as few people here (if anyone at all) have access to information that is not publicly available (although several people on here are very good at finding public information).

What the OP really needs for his trip to be successful is much greater rate of merchant acceptance of bitcoin. If the rate of merchant acceptance were to hold steady from now until he starts his trip he will likely need to resort to selling some of his bitcoin for fiat as he would have no way to pay for things like food and shelter or other necessities.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
80btcworldtrip (OP)

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 09:47:43 PM
Last edit: August 16, 2014, 09:57:53 PM by 80btcworldtrip

I don't think the OP so much needs information from this forum to be able to take this trip, as few people here (if anyone at all) have access to information that is not publicly available (although several people on here are very good at finding public information).

What the OP really needs for his trip to be successful is much greater rate of merchant acceptance of bitcoin. If the rate of merchant acceptance were to hold steady from now until he starts his trip he will likely need to resort to selling some of his bitcoin for fiat as he would have no way to pay for things like food and shelter or other necessities.

That is the real challenge and the point of this trip is  to try to persuade more and more people to accept bitcoin for necessities such as food or shelter. BTC everywhere in the world!
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: