Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 05:46:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [cex.io] has seized our mining account  (Read 2930 times)
tytus (OP)

Activity: 250
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 03:15:20 PM

When ghash.io just started, Alex one of the authors of the pool in Ukraine, created an account for us called "bioinfo". We have used this account only occasionally for prototype hardware and small batches of miners but over months a significant amount of BTC has been accumulated on the account.  The management of ghash.io accounts has been taken over by cex.io . Beginning of 2014 we have create an additional account "bioinfobank" with the same email address.

In June we detected that we can no longer login to the old "bioinfo" account that was still in use. On June 8th we got this reply from Daniel (cex.io support). "We have found that you have multiple accounts registered to the same email address, please use individual emails for most reliable account management. Your account has been frozen, please be patient while we investigate why your account was frozen." Few days later cex.io request personal KYC data from me even though it was not a private account and it was never created for a private person. I sent all documents but refused to send a picture of me holding a photo ID. In general I would never agree to provide my personal data to a dubious institution because of many potential ways to illegally exploit it and I would never mine on a pool that requires KYC but this was an old account. cex.io continued to refuse to provide access to the account so I went in person to the London Coinsummit conference that was sponsored by cex.io and talked with Jeffrey Smith (Chief Information Officer j.smith@cex.io) who promised to look at this issue. I emailed him after the conference again but I have never received a reply.

Did anybody else had his funds seized on cex.io ? Please send me private messages.
IYFTech

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

WANTED: Active dev to fix & re-write p2pool in C

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 03:52:27 PM

This is typical CEX behavior & the reason I will not touch them with a barge pole. Their history is one of lies, deceit, dishonesty & general crookedness.

I wish you luck with their non-existent support, please continue to post updates on your case here.

Good luck!  Wink

-- Smiley  Thank you for smoking  Smiley --  If you paid VAT to dogie for items you should read this thread:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1018906.0
CEX
Legendary

Activity: 1227
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2014, 03:29:11 AM

When ghash.io just started, Alex one of the authors of the pool in Ukraine, created an account for us called "bioinfo". We have used this account only occasionally for prototype hardware and small batches of miners but over months a significant amount of BTC has been accumulated on the account.  The management of ghash.io accounts has been taken over by cex.io . Beginning of 2014 we have create an additional account "bioinfobank" with the same email address.

In June we detected that we can no longer login to the old "bioinfo" account that was still in use. On June 8th we got this reply from Daniel (cex.io support). "We have found that you have multiple accounts registered to the same email address, please use individual emails for most reliable account management. Your account has been frozen, please be patient while we investigate why your account was frozen." Few days later cex.io request personal KYC data from me even though it was not a private account and it was never created for a private person. I sent all documents but refused to send a picture of me holding a photo ID. In general I would never agree to provide my personal data to a dubious institution because of many potential ways to illegally exploit it and I would never mine on a pool that requires KYC but this was an old account. cex.io continued to refuse to provide access to the account so I went in person to the London Coinsummit conference that was sponsored by cex.io and talked with Jeffrey Smith (Chief Information Officer j.smith@cex.io) who promised to look at this issue. I emailed him after the conference again but I have never received a reply.

Did anybody else had his funds seized on cex.io ? Please send me private messages.

Hello tytus, your comments have been directed to management. If as you have stated an action was taken by Jeffrey Smith to investigate, then you will be contacted.

Buy/sell BTC and ETH using your Visa/Mastercard. Instant payments, low fees, worldwide coverage, 100% secure. Register
Join Bitcoin Affiliate program! Invite users and get 30% lifetime bonus. Join now
PatMan

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

Watch out for the "Neg-Rep-Dogie-Police".....

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2014, 07:21:34 PM

Ah yes......the famous CEX customer service experience........ Cheesy Cheesy

"When one person is deluded it is called insanity - when many people are deluded it is called religion" - Robert M. Pirsig.  I don't want your coins, I want change.
Amazon UK BTC payment service - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=301229.0 - with FREE delivery!
http://www.ae911truth.org/ - http://rethink911.org/ - http://rememberbuilding7.org/
cathoderay

Activity: 379
Merit: 250

Welcome to dogietalk.bs

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 03:02:57 PM

What?!

I hope you requested a passport scan of whoever was withholding your funds.......

Have you been a victim of dogie insults, neg-rep'd for no reason or been falsely accused by him? If so, air your experiences here:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=905210.0
Avoid manipulative Exchanges - Localbitcoins.com
n00b2013

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 03:03:56 PM

grats man Smiley

though this is exactly why one doesn't keep minings on the pool Wink sorta old wisdom tbh
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: