Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 07:42:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Videogame Under Development!  (Read 1130 times)
legolouman (OP)

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

Decent Programmer to boot!

View Profile
March 25, 2012, 04:27:44 AM

Anyone ever wanted to make virtual Bitcoin? (a virtual digital currency anyone?) Wanted to pretend you have a mining operation? Or try your hand at trading in the exchanges? Now you can!

The Bitcoin Video is under development! Currently, a small Python project, I plan to develop this into a full fledged simulation game!

Some things you will be able to do in the game:

Mine, with simulated farms.

Trade at exchanges, with REAL-TIME prices!

Expand your mining operation card by card, or rig by rig. Maybe even by FPGA's or ASIC's.

Compare your fortunes and scores online in a leader board.

Who knows what else? I feel like there is quite a bit in store for this game, and that there is a lot of potential.

Is there any interest in my awesome idea?
-The game is in early development stages, and will be released once something playable is finished. Source code will be released shortly after wards.-

If you love me, you'd give me a Satoshi!
BTC - 1MSzGKh5znbrcEF2qTrtrWBm4ydH5eT49f
LTC - LYeJrmYQQvt6gRQxrDz66XTwtkdodx9udz

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
March 25, 2012, 06:55:06 AM

Order virtual pizza and alpaca socks. Be declared dead. Announce a magazine. Oh, I think the best part would be virtual forums.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
NothinG

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 25, 2012, 06:56:24 AM

I feel like this has already been done.

[Edit]: Yup, http://virtualminer.eu/

MaxSan

Activity: 369
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 25, 2012, 12:28:30 PM

make a simple non graphic intense mmo that you win bitcoin that everyone on the server is mining for a pool the server runs. check the other thread i made a post there about this idea. it will give a game so much depth using real money when fighting mobs and each other. imagine getting player killed and dropping your sword that cost you 3 bitcoin. will cause in game gangs n shit. thats the kinda game i wanna play. none of this nancy pancy keep it noob friendly.

The game loss potential should reflect the loss potential of bitcoin if you dont watch your shit.
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
March 25, 2012, 01:12:03 PM

I feel like this has already been done.

[Edit]: Yup, http://virtualminer.eu/
This is an awesome idea. If this is open source, it could be a great educational tool for schools about the new future economy.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: