Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:14:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: OKPAY Launches the Complete Bitcoin Integration  (Read 4631 times)
Meni Rosenfeld (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1054

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2012, 06:11:17 AM

Some of us have heard about OKPAY, a payment processor which seems friendly towards Bitcoin. It seems they're now taking it a bit further and offering new Bitcoin-related services. I've just received this from their mailing list:

OKPAY Launches the Complete Bitcoin Integration

AUTOMATIC DEPOSITS

Use bitcoin e-currency to fund OKPAY account and instantly convert your funds into USD, EUR, GBP, CHF or RUB. OKPAY e-Wallet will be funded automatically upon receiving the transfer and required confirmations. Apply for a prepaid OKPAY debit MasterCard® and withdraw your money at any ATM worldwide.

ACCEPTING BITCOIN PAYMENTS

It is extremely easy to start accepting bitcoin payments as the merchant doesn't even need to keep bitcoin software or monitor any transactions. OKPAY processes bitcoin payments automatically transferring merchant the usual OK USD or OK EUR amount instantly as an ordinary payment, 100% chargebacks free.

BITCOIN WITHDRAWALS

Purchase bitcoin for yourself or send payments by simply using the bitcoin withdrawal option in your OKPAY account. Specify the amount, enter receiver address and the system will process your payment request. OKPAY offers real time rates for BTC/USD, etc., regardless of the exchange amount.

HOW DOES IT WORK?

Bitcoin-OKPAY exchange rates are timely provided by major bitcoin exchange services. OKPAY supplies clients with dedicated bitcoin addresses, at the same time new address can be generated for each operation to ensure maximum security and anonymity.

SECURITY

OKPAY account has the most advanced security measures available: variable PIN-codes sent to the mobile phone number or email address, IP access filtering, etc. Account protection settings can be found and tuned in the Security Center of your OKPAY profile.

1EofoZNBhWQ3kxfKnvWkhtMns4AivZArhr   |   Who am I?   |   bitcoin-otc WoT
Bitcoil - Exchange bitcoins for ILS (thread)   |   Israel Bitcoin community homepage (thread)
Analysis of Bitcoin Pooled Mining Reward Systems (thread, summary)  |   PureMining - Infinite-term, deterministic mining bond

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2012, 09:16:05 AM

OKPAY had ridiculous fees last time I checked them out.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
fromheten

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 25, 2012, 09:39:16 AM

Apparently they take 3% on exchanging bitcoin for old currency.

Source: https://www.okpay.com/en/account/operations/deposit/index.html
hazek
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 25, 2012, 10:40:29 AM

I guess convenience within the status quo system isn't cheap nor do I think it should be.

My personality type: INTJ - please forgive my weaknesses (Not naturally in tune with others feelings; may be insensitive at times, tend to respond to conflict with logic and reason, tend to believe I'm always right)

If however you enjoyed my post: 15j781DjuJeVsZgYbDVt2NZsGrWKRWFHpp
rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
March 25, 2012, 11:22:48 AM

I guess convenience within the status quo system isn't cheap nor do I think it should be.
It's pretty much the same fee as Bit-Pay charges.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
hazek
Legendary

Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 25, 2012, 12:04:22 PM

Well, Bit-pay is also convenience within the status quo system.

My personality type: INTJ - please forgive my weaknesses (Not naturally in tune with others feelings; may be insensitive at times, tend to respond to conflict with logic and reason, tend to believe I'm always right)

If however you enjoyed my post: 15j781DjuJeVsZgYbDVt2NZsGrWKRWFHpp
Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

Merit: 1000

Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2012, 02:18:54 PM

If we give native Bitcoin business's some time, we will all do what OKpay does.

OKpay is jumping on the Bitcoin bandwagon rather 'Made in Bitcoin' type business's are the ones we should be supporting.

....of course I'm biased though  Grin

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

More about me: http://CharlieShrem.com
fornit

Activity: 991
Merit: 1008

View Profile
March 25, 2012, 02:25:03 PM

does anyone know how many users okpay has at this time?
i think it was 300k when they first introduced bitcoin.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2012, 02:43:54 PM

They recently celebrated their 2nd birthday: https://www.okpay.com/en/company/news/okpay-2nd-bday.html

OKPAY is a privately owned independent Company launched in 2010, nowadays providing payment services to clients in over 200 countries worldwide. Much more is yet to come — OKPAY Company is continually expanding the number of payment methods and in the near future we will present a set of new unique payment options and exciting features; looking forward to ensure that our clients receive the very best level of service.

~Bruno~
NASDAQEnema

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 25, 2012, 04:30:16 PM

OKpay is jumping on the Bitcoin bandwagon rather 'Made in Bitcoin' type business's are the ones we should be supporting.

Look around. The majority of bitcoins DO NOT MOVE AT ALL.

You can't get bitcoins on a regular basis without crossing into fiat. And without such transactions there won't be any Made in Bitcoin growth.

So please loosen your purism so we don't crawl into the future like idiots who refuse to use public transportation from time to time.

If you feel Universe has trolled you exclusively, please donate to Emergency Butthurt Support Fund:
1Jv4wa1w4Le4Ku9MZRxcobnDFzAUF9aotH
Proceeds go to Emergency Butthurt Escape Pod none of you will be allowed to use. If you have read this far, you must pay Emergency Butthurt Internet Tax.
Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

Merit: 1000

Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2012, 05:38:46 PM

So please loosen your purism so we don't crawl into the future like idiots who refuse to use public transportation from time to time.

Excuse me? I think you mistook what I said.

My whole business, and others like mine, operate on this premis. We will remove the need for what you said is needed to do. It just takes time, and much effort.

According to your usage of Purism "A purist is one who desires that an item remain true to its essence and free from adulterating or diluting influences."

Are you insane? Do you realize that I've made speeches, presentations, meetings with huge companies for the purpose of doing the opposite of that?

The only reason I like supporting 'Made for Bitcoin' type business's is because they will cater to the Bitcoin community being organic in their nature can change and adapt. Thats the ONLY reason.

Learn the definition of Purism, and do some research on who you attack because the guy your calling a Purist is the one who is bleeding his heart and sweat to bridge the gap between Bitcoin and 'public transportation' as you say.

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

More about me: http://CharlieShrem.com
zer0

Activity: 350

View Profile
March 25, 2012, 09:22:53 PM

Tons of other LR/wmz exchangers use Okpay accounts to receive and send wires, they've never failed me so far.
triplehelix

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 26, 2012, 03:05:05 PM

why would we discourage established companies from becoming involved with bitcoin?  we should support ALL bitcoin endeavors that push it to a wider audience, not just those who are part of the inner circle.
finway

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 26, 2012, 04:16:07 PM

Great!  Maybe i should take one OKPAY debit card now.

RaggedMonk

Activity: 308

View Profile
March 26, 2012, 10:05:02 PM

Bitcoin -> OKPAY -> Debit is very appealing. 

I will be trying it.
evoorhees
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1021

Democracy is the original 51% attack

View Profile
March 26, 2012, 10:49:34 PM

why would we discourage established companies from becoming involved with bitcoin?  we should support ALL bitcoin endeavors that push it to a wider audience, not just those who are part of the inner circle.

+100
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
May 07, 2012, 10:39:19 AM

Noticed this:

OKPAY is adding 14 new currencies!

We are pleased to announce that OKPAY has expanded the list of supported currencies. Additional currencies are now available for funding of the OKPAY account balance via wire transfer as well as for wire withdrawals and online purchases. There are now a total of 19 currencies supported by OKPAY!

Now you can pay, send, receive and hold funds in CZK (Czech Republic Koruna), AUD (Australian Dollar), CAD (Canadian Dollar), JPY (Japanese Yen), NOK (Norway Krone), SEK (Swedish Krona), DKK (Danish Krone), HRK (Croatian Kuna), HUF (Hungarian Forint), NZD (New Zealand Dollar), PLN (Polish Zloty), RON (Romanian Leu), TRY (Turkish Lira) and ZAR (South Africa Rand). Already available to OKPAY clients currencies include USD (US Dollar), EUR (Euro), GBP (Pound Sterling), RUB (Russian Ruble) and CHF (Swiss Franc).

Even local businesses and markets dealing with local currencies only can sign up for OKPAY to receive payments online both locally and globally that will gain access to even more buyers, when selling internationally. And of course you will be able to withdraw funds in one of the supported 19 currencies via bank wire transfer. Wire withdrawals are also available in all new 19 currencies supported by OKPAY. You can easily send wire transfers not only in the usual USD, EUR, GBP, RUB, CHF but also in the newly added 14 currencies!

Wire transfers commission for new currencies will be the same as for the payments in USD: incoming bank wire transfers fee is 1% (min. $12, max. $20), outgoing wire transfer fee is 1% min. $15; in the USD equivalent according with the actual currency exchange rates. Additional information can be found on the Service Fees page.
Bank service is provided by UWC Financial Services Ltd.

- https://www.okpay.com/en/company/news/okpay-adding-new-currencies.html

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █