Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 04:28:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Advice for new users regarding CLOUD MINING  (Read 44156 times)
picolo

Activity: 1022
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 05:36:10 PM

Hi, i have a small chart about the payout of three diferennt cloud mining bussines

i think it can help people, i´m updating this everyday and if someone have other payout data it will be interesting to add more Cloud mining providers

watamby.ovh

http://watamby.ovh/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/image.png

You only have Genesis, Hashie, Amhash maybe you could add cex.io and cloudminr
i personally dont think there is any need to add cex.io. Well maybe just for informational purpose since i think i can say safely cex.io is probably one of the most legit real companies been around for years, show you where they mining, fast support response normally less than 24 hours.

Cex.io is offering very good services but their prices and maintenance costs are among the biggest of the market if not the single biggest in cloud mining.
BitcoinExchangeIndia.com

Activity: 311
Merit: 264

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 09:58:05 PM

Hi, i have a small chart about the payout of three diferennt cloud mining bussines

i think it can help people, i´m updating this everyday and if someone have other payout data it will be interesting to add more Cloud mining providers

watamby.ovh

You might like to improve your site with more information. www.cmmonitor.com has done a great job at ranking various cloud mining services. May like to use it as a reference.

kotwica666
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1035

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 04:20:25 PM

watamby.ovh

You might like to improve your site with more information. www.cmmonitor.com has done a great job at ranking various cloud mining services. May like to use it as a reference.

but please, do not think that these two lists can be treated like a review which can be found in OP. Lists above that's just opinion of their author, nothing more.. In OP have a really professional article about Cloud Mining Services.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.....I AM BLACKJACK.FUN.....

GermanGiant

Activity: 784

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 05:43:45 PM

watamby.ovh

but please, do not think that these two lists can be treated like a review which can be found in OP. Lists above that's just opinion of their author, nothing more.. In OP have a really professional article about Cloud Mining Services.

New major players are missing in the OP. So, anyone going by that will have insufficient information to come to a conclusion.
lionelpaul

Activity: 49
Merit: 16

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2014, 06:11:52 PM

watamby.ovh

Sounds interesting, but you need to add more info, especially what kind of contracts you're using (not necessarily the same profits with different contracts on the same service) and how you define "net profit" (i'm not sure everybody has the same definition).

There is only one Bitcoin (BTC).
picolo

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 06:40:39 PM

watamby.ovh

cmmonitor is actually a very good site because they have most websites included even newcomers such as cloudminr.
I recommend studying all websites before investing any money.
kotwica666
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1035

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 06:47:07 PM

watamby.ovh

New major players are missing in the OP. So, anyone going by that will have insufficient information to come to a conclusion.

You are absolutely right, but I recommend to everyone first read OP and then reviews like this..

.....I AM BLACKJACK.FUN.....

Mabsark
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 07:35:30 PM

That site a just a list of cloud miners (most of which will probably be ponzis) with the sites referral id in the links to the websites. Essentially, that site is just trying to cash in on referrals.
DARKANGEL6415

Activity: 672

ADAMANT — the most secure and anonymous messenger

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2014, 08:10:47 PM

That site a just a list of cloud miners (most of which will probably be ponzis) with the sites referral id in the links to the websites. Essentially, that site is just trying to cash in on referrals.
lol that just makes it sad if the website is " trying to help " people make the right choices. Then they have a link to each site / store but they have referral ids in all the links so if you do sign up even if its bad they get credit for it. I tell you hard to find a site that gives reviews and they get nothing out of it.

● ● ● ● ● ● ●   ADAMANT Messenger ● ● ● ● ● ● ●  
Try it now: Secure and Anonymous Messenger ║║ Whitepaper
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4354
Merit: 3273

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 08:14:09 PM

My best advice for new users regarding cloud mining is to be very careful. Most, if not all, of these cloud mining sites are either scams or money losers.

Keep these in mind if you are considering cloud mining:

1. A cloud mining site is a prime opportunity for a Ponzi scheme. Customers pay a bunch of money up front and don't expect a profit for several months.
2. "Instant mining" sites don't make sense because the operator makes more money if they don't sell their hashing power to you.
3. The rising difficulty means your hash power will earn less and less over time.
4. Maintenance fees are usually more expensive than they seem. The maintenance fee could exceed your mining revenue in just a few months.
5. Cloud mining contracts that start in the future must be valued using the future difficulty, and not the current difficulty.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
FattyMcButterpants

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 10:54:05 PM

SMH. IMO these kinds of sites are nothing more then referral spam and are not going to be able to give any kind of neutral feedback regarding any cloud mining site
yvv
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2014, 10:58:39 PM

My best advice for new users regarding cloud mining is to be very careful. Most, if not all, of these cloud mining sites are either scams or money losers.

1. A cloud mining site is a prime opportunity for a Ponzi scheme. Customers pay a bunch of money up front and don't expect a profit for several months.
2. "Instant mining" sites don't make sense because the operator makes more money if they don't sell their hashing power to you.
3. The rising difficulty means your hash power will earn less and less over time.
4. Maintenance fees are usually more expensive than they seem. The maintenance fee could exceed your mining revenue in just a few months.
5. Cloud mining contracts that start in the future must be valued using the future difficulty, and not the current difficulty.

I would disagree on item 2. If you have peta-hashes of mining hardware, selling stock shares instead of selling hardware can make a good sense under certain circumstances.

picolo

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 11:16:49 PM

Good advices.

lol that just makes it sad if the website is " trying to help " people make the right choices. Then they have a link to each site / store but they have referral ids in all the links so if you do sign up even if its bad they get credit for it. I tell you hard to find a site that gives reviews and they get nothing out of it.

The site offers a free service that you can chose not to use.
DARKANGEL6415

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2014, 06:01:26 PM

Good advices.

it is true they might offer free service to users but they themself benefit from it as others have said. Also we all know some neebies might see the sight as a 100% safe list and just jump on it without asking for any opinions or reading anywhere for any facts at all.  Cry  Angry  Embarrassed

picolo

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 12:49:18 AM

Good advices.

it is true they might offer free service to users but they themself benefit from it as others have said. Also we all know some neebies might see the sight as a 100% safe list and just jump on it without asking for any opinions or reading anywhere for any facts at all.  Cry  Angry  Embarrassed

"neebies" see a cloud mining website and will invest in it without studying as much as if they see a list where they can at least compare some factors; it gives them some information. You are right that it doesn't give them enough information to make a correct decision but he is not scamming anyone by offering the free service to list websites.
ScryptAsic

Activity: 647
Merit: 501

GainerCoin.com 🔥 Masternode coin 🔥

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2014, 02:02:31 AM

I would disagree on item 2. If you have peta-hashes of mining hardware, selling stock shares instead of selling hardware can make a good sense under certain circumstances.

In order for number 2 to be invalid the cloud mining company would need to sell the mining contract at a price that is positive NPV for the cloud mining company. One thing that factors into something's NPV is the discount rate, which may be different for the customer and the company, so something can be positive NPV for both the customer and the company (at least in theory)
DARKANGEL6415

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2014, 01:35:16 AM

In order for number 2 to be invalid the cloud mining company would need to sell the mining contract at a price that is positive NPV for the cloud mining company. One thing that factors into something's NPV is the discount rate, which may be different for the customer and the company, so something can be positive NPV for both the customer and the company (at least in theory)
i agree with what you saying to some extent, but then again you did say in theory so i guess we in the same pafe. I think we just have to wait and see what the future brings to this cloud mining services.  Smiley

ScryptAsic

Activity: 647
Merit: 501

GainerCoin.com 🔥 Masternode coin 🔥

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2014, 02:03:02 AM

i agree with what you saying to some extent, but then again you did say in theory so i guess we in the same pafe. I think we just have to wait and see what the future brings to this cloud mining services.  Smiley
Well another way to look at it is that the two of you (the buyer and the cloud mining company) could have different viewpoints as to how much difficulty will rise over the term of the contract. If your estimate/assumption is lower then that of the cloud mining company then you both could calculate that the transaction will be profitable for both of you
DARKANGEL6415

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2014, 08:03:15 AM

Well another way to look at it is that the two of you (the buyer and the cloud mining company) could have different viewpoints as to how much difficulty will rise over the term of the contract. If your estimate/assumption is lower then that of the cloud mining company then you both could calculate that the transaction will be profitable for both of you
thats why i tend to look for cloud mining that offers lifetime contracts or at the least 5 years plus. I dont do that 6 month 1 year or 2 years cause i dont see profit period.

Furio
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

BTC | LTC | XLM | VEN | ARDR

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 08:32:35 AM

[/quote] thats why i tend to look for cloud mining that offers lifetime contracts or at the least 5 years plus. I dont do that 6 month 1 year or 2 years cause i dont see profit period.
[/quote]

That's exactly what ponzischemes do, they say it will last for X months/Years, but ones new blood starts decreasing bye bye Smiley But I'm not saying all cloud mining companies are ponzis, time will tell.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: