Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 10:22:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mark Karpeles Tweeting Strange Code  (Read 1889 times)
ForgottenPassword

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 03:17:18 PM

Those were base64 encoded strings of some binary data.

It COULD be a signature, it could be an encrypted message, who knows really. Lots of things are base64 encoded including bitcoin signatures.

But you CANNOT verify the signature without the text so tweeting them without the text you want to sign would be useless - hence why I suspect its something else other than a bitcoin signature.

I have private messages disabled. Send me an email instead. My contact details can be found here.

Tip Address: 13Lwo1hK5smoBpFWxmqeKSL52EvN8U7asX
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 03:18:20 PM

I suggest taking out the forward slash, plus and equal signs and see if it's an encoded message, contenting it's not a signature thingy.
spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 03:42:27 PM

If he encryptede it I would expect several different ciphers.. probably one he created as well and told the reciver how to use the cipher.  Good luck cracking.
dadugan

Activity: 179
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 09:10:19 AM

So, this guy is not in jail yet.

Is there any penalty going to be apply to him?
Last thing I saw, he is living in an expensive apartment in Japan. I do not think he will go to jail, probably he has some protection by the Japanese government - as clearly he should have a trial.

Anyone see what's wrong with our society?

Small time scammer get caught will go to jail, big time scammer like Mark Karpeles and Madoff type get a slap in the hand?
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 04:57:35 AM

Last thing I saw, he is living in an expensive apartment in Japan. I do not think he will go to jail, probably he has some protection by the Japanese government - as clearly he should have a trial.

Small time scammer get caught will go to jail, big time scammer like Mark Karpeles and Madoff type get a slap in the hand?

Money talks is what seems to be the keyword
If you can pay to get out of jail and have enough money to push around things happen.
But yes there is something wrong with society in that regard.

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
koshgel
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 06:20:04 AM

Madoff is still in jail? What slap on the hand?
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 07:01:28 AM

Madoff is still in jail? What slap on the hand?

Maybe he was thinking of Conrade Black instead of Madoff since Madoff is still a lifer last time I checked.
On October 13, 2009, it was reported that Madoff experienced his first prison yard fight with another senior citizen inmate
Sometimes I love wikipedia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bernard_Madoff

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: