pginvest (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 25, 2012, 12:03:09 PM

Will this work?
Got mail from them today...    

AUTOMATIC DEPOSITS
Use bitcoin e-currency to fund OKPAY account and instantly convert your funds into USD, EUR, GBP, CHF or RUB. OKPAY e-Wallet will be funded automatically upon receiving the transfer and required confirmations. Apply for a prepaid OKPAY debit MasterCard® and withdraw your money at any ATM worldwide.

ACCEPTING BITCOIN PAYMENTS
It is extremely easy to start accepting bitcoin payments as the merchant doesn't even need to keep bitcoin software or monitor any transactions. OKPAY processes bitcoin payments automatically transferring merchant the usual OK USD or OK EUR amount instantly as an ordinary payment, 100% chargebacks free.

BITCOIN WITHDRAWALS
Purchase bitcoin for yourself or send payments by simply using the bitcoin withdrawal option in your OKPAY account. Specify the amount, enter receiver address and the system will process your payment request. OKPAY offers real time rates for BTC/USD, etc., regardless of the exchange amount.

HOW DOES IT WORK?
Bitcoin-OKPAY exchange rates are timely provided by major bitcoin exchange services. OKPAY supplies clients with dedicated bitcoin addresses, at the same time new address can be generated for each operation to ensure maximum security and anonymity.

Am I spamming? Report me!
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
duckfeet

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 26, 2012, 06:04:18 AM

Trying to sort all that out myself.  I signed up with okpay when tradehill started having all their problems, and I just wanted to get my money out...and bitinstant was also not communicating,  and was personally feeling like I might get ripped, and since dwolla was no longer available for anything either, okpay was who was left.

After a few more days of wondering if I was ripped or not, they finally sent my money to okpay.  Then to this amount of money, I had to give up all my bank account info and stuff.  The whole was pretty irritating, and I never figured I'd use them again.  I do use btc regularly however, and ven't yet decided how to go about purchasing them, tho I've used a couple of smaller vendors meanwhile, I might sign up with cryptoxchange or mtgox...it's still way too complicated, but I guess we still need an intermediary with our own banking systems...dwolla fit the bill, and bitinstant does and now I guess okpay fills some kind of need also, but with all the little hassles they've all had I'm a bit gunshy...sometimes, when I look at all the fees, I'm better off just buying and selling with some of the private vendors I know, tho the area I"m part of has had it's share of ripffs too....we'll see...
Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2012, 01:23:08 AM

...and bitinstant was also not communicating, 

Hi, when were we not communicating? I think we respond within 60 minutes of all emails.

Is local cash bank deposits into any of your exchange accounts not easy enough?

Oh and screw Dwolla, we will have a system that will completely bypass every middleman within a few weeks.

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

More about me: http://CharlieShrem.com
finway

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 27, 2012, 03:32:26 AM

Pitty they don't have a BTC balance.  Tongue

paraipan
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: 1pirata

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2012, 08:49:38 PM

+1 they're services rock and have a stable platform but a btc balance would be nice to have too. I'm still quite amazed by the speed they implemented bitcoin with their platform. Happy customer since 2011

BTCitcoin: An Idea Worth Saving - Q&A with bitcoins on rugatu.com - Check my rep
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
March 27, 2012, 08:50:54 PM

+1 they're services rock and have a stable platform but a btc balance would be nice to have too. I'm still quite amazed by the speed they implemented bitcoin with their platform. Happy customer since 2011

Ironic. Do you even know if they are legally registered in their country?

paraipan
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: 1pirata

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2012, 09:03:04 PM

Ironic. Do you even know if they are legally registered in their country?

yep, i've done my homework on them, even before requesting the debit card they offer

BTCitcoin: An Idea Worth Saving - Q&A with bitcoins on rugatu.com - Check my rep
Tuxavant

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

Bitcoin Mayor of Las Vegas

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2012, 11:42:28 PM

AUTOMATIC DEPOSITS
Use bitcoin e-currency to fund OKPAY account and instantly convert your funds into USD, EUR, GBP, CHF or RUB. OKPAY e-Wallet will be funded automatically upon receiving the transfer and required confirmations. Apply for a prepaid OKPAY debit MasterCard® and withdraw your money at any ATM worldwide.

How much does this cost? I pay my kid's allowance in Bitcoin and would like to give them an easy way to turn it into cash on a debit card. But I'm always seeing $5 reload fees which makes it far too expensive for their budget and easier for me to be the exchanger...

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: