Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 10:40:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: C-CEX delisted coins withdrawal pratice  (Read 3624 times)
mycryptocoin (OP)

Activity: 380
Merit: 100

Community Manager - Blockchain analyst

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2014, 11:35:34 PM

I'm not quite sure about the definition of a SCAM, but I want to warn about C-CEX and their delisting practice.

Afaik the current practice is, that coins will be delisted within 7 days and after that time period the coins will be gone. (current tweet). So if you're on holidays with limited internet access for more than seven days, you can potentially say goodbye to any coin you have there. But that is just the unfair, not the scammy part.

Not that long ago they had a "delisted coins" section, where you could withdraw coins that were delisted (within 7 days) after the fact. They wrote that they will run a withdrawal session every two weeks or so. Then suddenly they removed that section from their service. To my knowledge they never paid out pending withdrawals. I had a small, negligible amount of coins waiting for their withdrawal and even after opening a support ticket during that time they never paid out the coins. Others seem to have this problem, too.

For my understanding, by removing the section from the page and not transferring pending withdrawals, they stole coins from their customers. I'd be happy to correct myself if C-CEX representatives can finally explain this to me without excuses and delaying communication.

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
daimyo

Activity: 521
Merit: 500

UFO

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 12:34:06 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=739473.new#new

Same scenario.

I think what the c-cex staff is doing is waiting for a target amount of coins to accumulate before running away with them and closing the exchange blaming it on a hacker attack or whatever...

Value does not exist outside of human consciousness
Pride-C-CEX

Activity: 133

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 08:42:41 PM

We currently have a 2 week policy on all altcoins, if they under perform in volume during a 2 week period they are de-listed. I'm sure traders can understand that due to the amount of coins created and the speed at which they are abandoned is roughly 2 weeks unless the coin shows longevity. As to the issue you had there is always a tweet sent out with the list of coins that are going to be taken off the exchange. This same list appears on the C-CEX site as well. We are working on a solution to email every registered user a list of coins that will be de-listed to help increase awareness, but beyond this the responsibility to remove coins obviously falls on the user to withdraw before we remove the wallets off our servers to make room for future additions.

I apologize for the inconveniences our policies may cause, they were born out of necessity and the changing culture of crypto currency.

Crypto Trade at C-CEX: https://c-cex.com/
demoniality

Activity: 194

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 09:11:09 PM

We currently have a 2 week policy on all altcoins, if they under perform in volume during a 2 week period they are de-listed. I'm sure traders can understand that due to the amount of coins created and the speed at which they are abandoned is roughly 2 weeks unless the coin shows longevity. As to the issue you had there is always a tweet sent out with the list of coins that are going to be taken off the exchange. This same list appears on the C-CEX site as well. We are working on a solution to email every registered user a list of coins that will be de-listed to help increase awareness, but beyond this the responsibility to remove coins obviously falls on the user to withdraw before we remove the wallets off our servers to make room for future additions.

I apologize for the inconveniences our policies may cause, they were born out of necessity and the changing culture of crypto currency.
We currently have a 2 week policy on all altcoins, if they under perform in volume during a 2 week period they are de-listed. I'm sure traders can understand that due to the amount of coins created and the speed at which they are abandoned is roughly 2 weeks unless the coin shows longevity.
Nobody has any problem with this. They have a problem with you not letting them get back their coins once delisted. In my case i requested to withdraw on the next delisted withdrawal session and you have still failed to do this weeks on.

As to the issue you had there is always a tweet sent out with the list of coins that are going to be taken off the exchange. This same list appears on the C-CEX site as well. We are working on a solution to email every registered user a list of coins that will be de-listed to help increase awareness,
This is all fluff and irrelevant to the issue in question. The issue is why not, like every other exchange, allow users to withdraw delisted coins? There is no reason, the only reason is theft. Delisting a coin simply means it can no longer be traded, not that the funds become yours.

but beyond this the responsibility to remove coins obviously falls on the user to withdraw before we remove the wallets off our servers to make room for future additions.
More nonsense, what kind of two-bit exchange do you have to be to not be able to keep a wallet on the server until all users that are actively pursuing their funds to be returned, get them? You were assuring me i would have mine every few days and then you vanished. Next thing here you are trying to save face and suddenly the goalposts have moved and you are suggesting you do not give users funds back once a coin is delisted. Illogical, convoluted nonsense.

This one takes the cake. So something as vague and wishy-washy as "the changing culture(!?) of crypto currency" means you are required to steal users coins once delisted, however hard they have been trying to withdraw them, because you would rather make some free coins then bother to carry out withdrawals that do not benefit you?

ufo: C9icQvu4T4Jo6QpmnP1dgQW5ru1BfPJ4sV
fourmilestyle

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 11:03:26 PM

Hi, I too have been a victim of pending withdrawals not being processed and then coins are delisted. What does ccex propose to do?
mycryptocoin (OP)

Activity: 380

Community Manager - Blockchain analyst

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2014, 03:34:28 AM

That's okay, although I personally still don't like that you kill low volume coins within 7 days. It's easy to miss 7 days, with all the exchanges out there today.
Guess it's your right to remove within that timeframe, taking the coins in that process. I personally think it's sketchy, it's like not getting a bank statement for a week and your money is gone... but, well...

The thing I consider theft, is that you had a delisted coin section on your site: People had pending withdrawals there. Pending. They saw their balance and requested a withdrawal. Then you decide to get rid of that section altogether. Coins that still have a halfway decent volume on bittrex and other exchanges: gone. That's the reason I wanted to warn other traders about your exchange.

daimyo

UFO

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 10:47:04 AM

wtf does that mean? "We are sorry but you aint gonna get your coins" ?

C-cex, are you gonna refund the delisted coin owners or not?

cisahasa
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 07:35:43 PM

nice shit
i will never trade any sent with those scammers

daimyo

UFO

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 04:30:32 PM

The withdraw sessions are a lie.... we must warn as many folks as possible to stay away from that scam exchange

fartbags
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 04:52:48 PM

c-cex is quick with delisting coins. It is quite scammy but what else are you going to do? Not use c-cex? A bad thing happened to me. I traded for coins on the exchange and 10 minutes later the coin was delisted with no way to get the coins withdrawn.

I have offered them two solutions that I hope they implement:

#1 allow users to enter an "delisting address" to automatically send coins to once a coin is delisted.

or

#2 email users a private key for a wallet that has the funds in it.

Mario241077
Legendary

Activity: 1302

ORB has a good chance to grow.

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 05:02:38 PM

is oh and thrilling, all these coins have dramatically lost value after delisting

Are you a part of the ORB Community or want to be it, then gives your vote! here!! One of the first 30 currencys in the World is Orbitcoin DEV Forum - don't forget free ORB's are here ORB Faucet, tell your friend's - With PoW (without Asic's)/PoS Hybrid-System everyone can mine ORB with general purpose pc-hardware. The PoS (Proof of Stake) generation features very low energy consumption. Green Stake over PoS
daimyo

UFO

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 07:13:40 PM

We are having problem with wallets right now. They are being resynced again. Please, don't continue pushing us. We are trying to help You.

Thats a lie... they tell everybody that they have sync problems... This exchange is a PURE SCAM!

Mario241077
Legendary

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 12:12:47 AM
Last edit: August 21, 2014, 02:49:23 PM by Mario241077

IsisCoin add 07.07.2014    delistet 06.08.2014
BTCS add 02.06.2014     delisted 05.08.2014
Orobit add 28.07.2014    delisted 14.08.2014
MED add 06.06.2014   delisted 08.07.2014
ALN add 06.06.2014   delisted 08.07.2014
TECH 25.06.2014 - 04.08.2014
DRKC 25.07.2014 - 21.08.2014

so, These are just a few examples, follows her twitter account and look at the

https://twitter.com/CryptoCurrEncyX

next one, withdraw
Coins to be removed August, 21 due to low volume: BPC, SUM, ASCE, MONA, DRKC, RSN, MJ, NUD, LIT, VTC, W8, WHC, LGBT, CLN

Are you a part of the ORB Community or want to be it, then gives your vote! here!! One of the first 30 currencys in the World is Orbitcoin DEV Forum - don't forget free ORB's are here ORB Faucet, tell your friend's - With PoW (without Asic's)/PoS Hybrid-System everyone can mine ORB with general purpose pc-hardware. The PoS (Proof of Stake) generation features very low energy consumption. Green Stake over PoS
Kn_os
Legendary

Activity: 1055
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 06:46:17 AM

We are having problem with wallets right now. They are being resynced again. Please, don't continue pushing us. We are trying to help You.

Thats a lie... they tell everybody that they have sync problems... This exchange is a PURE SCAM!

Should mention it is realy strange. No problem with wallets while trade open and as soon as coins delisted suddenly start problems with wallets..

Realy.. it start annoying.... each time c-cex lacking coins they explain it : there are problem with wallet. It is "standard answer" which can means anything from we accidently deleted all delisted wallets, to we sold all your coins on another exchange and now don't know what to answer.
Mario241077
Legendary

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 05:57:41 AM

update 20.08.2014

read here

by Pride-C-CEX
Yes our new policy is very strict as the sea of altcoins washes over crypto so must C-CEX adapt to the changing climate. If you have coins on our exchange that are less than .3 btc volume for 2 weeks straight they will be delisted, there will be the normal warnings made to ensure people have time to remove their coins still. I reimbursed demoniality with 4.4 mil coins instead of the 3.2 mil he was needing to show our apologies. If anyone on this thread has coins that can be purchased at another exchange then please PM me with the details of your ticket and an exchange the particular coins can be purchased from. In the email I will need your C-CEX user name as well to verify the ticket. Once these are all taken care of moving forward everyone is now aware of the aggressive approach we now take to eliminate low volume coins and there should be no issues further. Thank you, and I hope we can better serve everyone in the future.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=739473.0;all

please post your experiences there !!!

Mario241077
Legendary

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 04:09:54 PM

Pride C-CEX has kept his word and sent me the missing coins! So I will keep my word and make the main thread free from my allegations.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=418700.0;all

I hope you keep this clean way at !!!! But let us earn money on legal and honest way!

On the other please post your experiences! So I can see that it's not just two people were who received compensation.

dencocimbom

Activity: 1

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 05:36:39 PM

C-CEX SPAM!

I had gold blocks on c-cex. I was in a hospital and had surgery and I didn't check my account for one month. After one month when I logged in to my account I saw that gold blocks were delisted. I explained them my situation and I asked to return my gold blocks but they told me they can not return and that I had 2 weeks time after delisting to withdraw them. I wrote them many times explaining that I was not able to check my account and my mail but they are so stubborn they are replying like they don't understand my situation. My conclusion is that C-cex is build to steal coins from the customers. I want to warn the future customers NEVER PUT ANY COINS in C-CEX. It is 100% SPAM and COIN STEALING platform.
Maise

Activity: 8

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 03:53:35 PM

C-CEX stupid website , does not work
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: