Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 01:29:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin sites leaked :( - Big bitcoin members emails database  (Read 8157 times)
bitsmichel

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 10:44:24 AM

I've just checked other 3 files they are offering for free and all paswords are hashed in databases. No need to worry at all if your password is long enough.
Which hashing algorithm is used? MD5?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
dadaas

Activity: 490

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Available Now!

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 10:49:18 AM

I've just checked other 3 files they are offering for free and all paswords are hashed in databases. No need to worry at all if your password is long enough.
Which hashing algorithm is used? MD5?
Yes, MD5 is used.
Aurum (OP)

Activity: 453

dfgfdgfdg

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2014, 10:51:02 AM

Yes, them use md5, the auroracoin forum use the traditional forum salt that is more hard to decrypt.

but with a good pay decoder with trillion hashes decode it no can be hard.

examples (hashes get from freecoinworld):
30fca77cebf16fe3c5b5b4db4371dee4  -  cinta3segi
842df9fecdc99ad5aea6deb7ab117ae0 - me4ta12345

ghghghfgh
Mellnik

Activity: 242

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 11:04:32 AM

Oh my god. Why the fuck would you use md5 LOL
Remember remember the 5th of November
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1011

Reverse engineer from time to time

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 11:11:26 AM

Yup, the moment we read about MD5, it's already guaranteed that you need to change your password ASAP. MD5 can be bruteforced very easily.

BTC:1AiCRMxgf1ptVQwx6hDuKMu4f7F27QmJC2
bitcoin_de

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2014, 01:16:49 PM

As of now it seems that this is just scam in the case of bitcoin.de. This is not the first attempt of this kind. The person trying to make money out of this wasn't able to provide any proof that this data is indeed what he claims it is.

Best regards
Oliver

Support-Team
Bitcoin Deutschland AG
https://www.bitcoin.de/
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4481

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 02:34:55 PM

guys get your head out of the sand..

simple solution is to change your password regularly and then it wont matter if someone has your md5 hash. if you are worried about it more because you use the same email and password for all sites. CHANGE THEM ALL

even to me its more likely that "aurum" owns the aururacoin forum and give away sites and and has dumped his databases as the free 'tempter' to try getting people to hand him funds.

so just change your passwords regularly and dont use the same password on every site, as standard security procedure. and move on with your lives

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
counter

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 06:10:24 PM

Thanks for the news.  I think it is good for this to happen so people are aware that they need to take the extra steps to be safe.  Big ups to all of those who are more technologically inclined taking the time to warn others.  Wink
CharHill

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 07:32:37 PM

http://pastebin.com/KaWsDgdq

Bitcoin.de are on him pack. That sucks.

Are we need to always make new password? Smiley

Yes, we are, with that information
galbros
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 08:27:29 PM

As of now it seems that this is just scam in the case of bitcoin.de. This is not the first attempt of this kind. The person trying to make money out of this wasn't able to provide any proof that this data is indeed what he claims it is.

Best regards
Oliver

This is good to know, it would be good to hear from the other sites, though I suspect this is a hoax/scam.  As others have noted freebitco.in has a lot of users, but I'm not sure what the value of the passwords would be since they are tied to btc addresses not anything useful.
dadaas

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 09:33:56 PM

Best regards
Oliver

This is good to know, it would be good to hear from the other sites, though I suspect this is a hoax/scam.  As others have noted freebitco.in has a lot of users, but I'm not sure what the value of the passwords would be since they are tied to btc addresses not anything useful.
Well, you can change receiving address but then user would get email about that. Only way it could work is if rhat mail went to spam folder. Also problem is that users have same passwords for many sites, so somebody could hack much more things then just freebitco.in account.
Valle

Activity: 177
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 10:56:07 PM

It's one of the basic rule for all the newcomers out there, "CHANGE THE PASSWORD REGULARLY"

I tried to change ALL my passwords at once. It took about 2 weeks.
dadaas

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 10:59:49 PM

It's one of the basic rule for all the newcomers out there, "CHANGE THE PASSWORD REGULARLY"

How many account do you have then? This way it looks like you have over 20k accounts Cheesy
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2014, 11:03:00 PM

They might have got their hands on the 3 crap sites, but nearly no way they got access to bitcoin.de (i think)

and also there were no news about a bitcoin.de hack. maybe just scam.

Valle

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 11:11:52 PM

How many account do you have then? This way it looks like you have over 20k accounts Cheesy

Not that many, about a hundred.
Valle

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 11:13:27 PM

No, there are few hundreds. But definitely less than a thousand :-)
dadaas

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 11:30:09 PM

Well anyway it took you quite a time to change every password. I thought you had even more accounts when you did that for 2 weeks Smiley
Valle

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 12:01:00 AM

Well anyway it took you quite a time to change every password. I thought you had even more accounts when you did that for 2 weeks Smiley
You know, when every single service invents its own way to change password it takes awhile to change everything )
Razick
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 01:18:46 AM
Last edit: August 16, 2014, 01:33:01 AM by Razick

http://pastebin.com/KaWsDgdq

Bitcoin.de are on him pack. That sucks.

Are we need to always make new password? Smiley

Yes, because in most cases today passwords are not hashed in the database. Companies do not take security seriously - that's why hacking pays off.

I agree, there is no excuse for not hashing passwords. It's really easy to do.

Here's some free PHP code for anyone who wants to hash passwords. This is not the best way to do it in the newer versions of PHP but I'm stuck with 5.4.

Code:
<?php

/*
* Copyright 2014 Jayson Strickland. 
* The right to use, modify and distribute this code is hereby granted provided this notice is left in tact.
* You may not claim authorship, but aside from this notice, no attribution is required if this code is used 
* as part of a larger program.
*/

class Hash 
{
function hash_password($password$cost$salt null)
{
// define result array
$result = array();

if ($salt == null)
{
    // generate a new salt
    $result['salt'] = substr(hash('sha256'uniqid(''true) . mt_rand(0mt_getrandmax())), 032);
    $salt $result['salt'];
}

// create an initial hash
$result['hash'] = hash('whirlpool'$salt $password);

// apply Whirlpool for 1/2 of specified rounds
for ($i 0$i <= ($cost 2) - 1$i++)
{
    $result['hash'] = hash('whirlpool'$salt $result['hash']);
}

// apply sha-256 for 1/2 of specified rounds
for ($i 0$i <= $cost 2$i++)
{
    $result['hash'] = hash('sha512'$salt $result['hash']);
}

// return an array containing the salt and final hash
return $result;
}
}

ACCOUNT RECOVERED 4/27/2020. Account was previously hacked sometime in 2017. Posts between 12/31/2016 and 4/27/2020 are NOT LEGITIMATE.
Aurum (OP)

Activity: 453

dfgfdgfdg

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2014, 02:29:58 AM

guys get your head out of the sand..

simple solution is to change your password regularly and then it wont matter if someone has your md5 hash. if you are worried about it more because you use the same email and password for all sites. CHANGE THEM ALL

even to me its more likely that "aurum" owns the aururacoin forum and give away sites and and has dumped his databases as the free 'tempter' to try getting people to hand him funds.

so just change your passwords regularly and dont use the same password on every site, as standard security procedure. and move on with your lives

Lol you are crazy? the auroracoin owner is there: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=446062.0 in the hacker database its show the admin email as balduro@auroracoin.org the same username of this post, so you can know i am dont the owner.

ghghghfgh
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: