Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 04:21:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin sites leaked :( - Big bitcoin members emails database  (Read 8159 times)
Brewins
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 03:01:15 AM

Soooo is it a legit hack, or someone trying to spread virus using a false hack cleam?

I don't open archives like that. In fact I don't even visited the addres cause the pastebin site is a bitch and keeps giving me unsolvable captchas.
Aurum (OP)

Activity: 453
Merit: 250

dfgfdgfdg

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2014, 03:28:22 AM

Soooo is it a legit hack, or someone trying to spread virus using a false hack cleam?

I don't open archives like that. In fact I don't even visited the addres cause the pastebin site is a bitch and keeps giving me unsolvable captchas.

unhappy its legit Sad

ghghghfgh
wbaw

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2014, 03:43:22 AM

Screw passwords, why can't we use our keys to log in yet?

zedicus
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2014, 05:29:37 AM

As of now it seems that this is just scam in the case of bitcoin.de. This is not the first attempt of this kind. The person trying to make money out of this wasn't able to provide any proof that this data is indeed what he claims it is.

Best regards
Oliver

This is good to know, it would be good to hear from the other sites, though I suspect this is a hoax/scam.  As others have noted freebitco.in has a lot of users, but I'm not sure what the value of the passwords would be since they are tied to btc addresses not anything useful.
Well, you can change receiving address but then user would get email about that. Only way it could work is if rhat mail went to spam folder. Also problem is that users have same passwords for many sites, so somebody could hack much more things then just freebitco.in account.
The bitcoin stored on sites like freebitco.in are likely little to none and it would likely not even be worth it to attempt to steal funds from these accounts. There may be a very small number of accounts that have something "writing home about" but the overall take would be very little.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
zvs
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1000

https://web.archive.org/web/*/nogleg.com

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2014, 07:01:03 AM

My email address has been available for years via MtGox, lol.

re: changing PW, I haven't changed some passwords in years... but then I use different password for every location

aha,

17030,Darkhosis,hosis@hotmail.com,$1$TYhI6vSw$9e15nmZd0xlCrVAwR8aqj1
wordman267645

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 07:09:08 AM

we should remember password Cool Cool
dadaas

Activity: 490

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Available Now!

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 09:07:41 AM

As of now it seems that this is just scam in the case of bitcoin.de. This is not the first attempt of this kind. The person trying to make money out of this wasn't able to provide any proof that this data is indeed what he claims it is.

Best regards
Oliver

This is good to know, it would be good to hear from the other sites, though I suspect this is a hoax/scam.  As others have noted freebitco.in has a lot of users, but I'm not sure what the value of the passwords would be since they are tied to btc addresses not anything useful.
Well, you can change receiving address but then user would get email about that. Only way it could work is if rhat mail went to spam folder. Also problem is that users have same passwords for many sites, so somebody could hack much more things then just freebitco.in account.
The bitcoin stored on sites like freebitco.in are likely little to none and it would likely not even be worth it to attempt to steal funds from these accounts. There may be a very small number of accounts that have something "writing home about" but the overall take would be very little.
I've just remembered that there could be some advertising accounts on the site which have solid amount of money. But I also doubt that its database is worth 3 BTC.
gondel
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 10:08:41 AM

Someone can confirm that the info of qoinpro.com is real?
This is very bad news if true Sad
Stery

Activity: 118
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 10:16:31 AM

Thats really bad news.

Dont you think the passwords can be cracked
bitsmichel

Activity: 518

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 10:22:50 AM

Thats really bad news.

Dont you think the passwords can be cracked
Yes, a lot of MD5 hashes are found.  The idea of MD5 is like a formula, it's easy calculate the output, but hard to calculate the input from the output. But.. people have created entire bi-directional databases of MD5 hashes, pairs of (password, hash) so its' easy to look up. These are known as rainbow tables and some are larger than 15 billion entries. If you have a totally unique and long password, you may be safe from it, but it's better to assume you are not.

LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1011

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2014, 11:18:11 AM

Best regards
Oliver

thx for that update.

dadaas

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 12:55:07 PM

Someone can confirm that the info of qoinpro.com is real?
This is very bad news if true Sad

Well, I don't know, but databases which are exposed for free are real so there is no reason not to believe them. It is quite possible that somebody already bought one database. You will be sure if you change your password and don't use that particular password on any other account.
bornil267645

Activity: 406

AltoCenter.com

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2014, 12:57:59 PM

That's an interesting update. Cool Cool

Sheldor333

Activity: 406

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 02:47:51 PM

It will happen, best way to protect yourself don't put all your BTC in one place and change your password regularly. No other way to do it. Be smart about it.

DurbanPoison

Activity: 111

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 11:09:07 PM

It's one of the basic rule for all the newcomers out there, "CHANGE THE PASSWORD REGULARLY"

& never use the same password on different sites!
zedicus
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2014, 12:04:59 AM

Best regards
Oliver

I've just remembered that there could be some advertising accounts on the site which have solid amount of money. But I also doubt that its database is worth 3 BTC.
3 BTC is only ~$1,500 with BTC trading at $500/BTC. I don't think that advertisers would likely have massive amounts of BTC on that site (or on any site). Another important note is that the site is likely not able to generate even market rates for ads as it likely generates very low quality traffic and much of the traffic is likely from repeat visitors.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
BigNewsCrews

Activity: 65

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 02:29:09 AM

uhh most of these sites are sites where people have no bitcoin anyways, why would anyone want to hack them? for .0000000001?

steal from the rich not the poor

1PGG6sfw5xjrDC7fN63c8LQiwfZVoAsLcn
dadaas

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 10:14:04 AM

Best regards
Oliver

3 BTC is only ~$1,500 with BTC trading at $500/BTC. I don't think that advertisers would likely have massive amounts of BTC on that site (or on any site). Another important note is that the site is likely not able to generate even market rates for ads as it likely generates very low quality traffic and much of the traffic is likely from repeat visitors.

I agree with you that there is almost nothing worth hacking on freebitco.in account but I was just trying to find at least some reason why would those accounts be valuable Smiley
NavalStrike

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 10:54:26 AM

uhh most of these sites are sites where people have no bitcoin anyways, why would anyone want to hack them? for .0000000001?
Sounds like a bad plan for a scams who want to get some profits.
Thekool1s
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1218

Change is in your hands

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 11:07:04 AM

LOL They cant hack mine i don't keep the password no way close to the wallet on these type of sites Cheesy
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: