Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 10:59:12 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bought my first 0.1 BTC  (Read 5735 times)
h3sslan

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 11:42:04 PM

congratz on buying your first bitcoin thats awesome!
ObscureBean
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2014, 06:45:50 AM

Congratulations on buying your first 0.1 BTC! Beware, you gonna get hooked pretty quickly  Cheesy
Paying 20 pounds on top of the market price is unthinkable  Shocked I personally use Bitstamp and they're really good, my favorite of the lot. All you need to do is get verified by providing them with a copy of your passport and some documentation that confirms your address and you can then transfer money directly from your bank account to your Bitstamp account and buy at market price.

A second easier option that comes with fee (not nearly as big as yours though) is Virwox.com. That's where I started and I've used them many many times.
Just to give you an idea, the first time I bought from them, I deposited $50 using Paypal and got about $44 worth of BTC. But they are very secure and reliable.

Enjoy your crypto adventure!!  Smiley
Green90

Activity: 4

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 08:54:31 AM

Congratulations, I would suggest using Bitstamp or btc - e, or just sell here on forum using escrow.ms. Also  be careful with btc-e as I heard they started banning people for no reason and they can't withdraw their money, I heard at least 3 situations like these.
hodap

Activity: 306
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 10:19:26 AM

0.1 BTC will worth 100k if the price to go to 1M.
ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 11:05:42 AM

OK just bought my first BTC investment to test the waters!

Now I have a question I'm in the UK and I've bought from Bittylicious, tho it's very easy and fast to use it's quite a lot of money over price market paid a good £20 quid over . Now is that the usual fee or are there cheaper ways to trade my fiat for BTC in the UK I feel I'm paying a Premium for the service and I admit it's a good service so far.
Now another question is what is the easiest safest way to cash out back to fiat? Im planning on investing on 4 or 5 BTC then hodl for a few years or so but if in a emergency I need to cash out what's the easiest way ATM and will I have to pay a PREMIUM again?

Thank you for your help .

Why are you asking for cashout methods if you are planing to sticking to your bitcoins for few years?
If that amount is too much of a risk to you, set it smaller, but dont even consider selling.
I think you will make the mistake many people made, selling when the bottom approaches, and then ull get left behind.
Currently, the best start for bitcoin investments is to buy and forget about it for a year or two, sell only if the price spikes 3-5x in one-two month timeframe, and then rebuy on a correction.

Cheers and good luck trading/holding
Acidyo

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Will Bitcoin Rise Again to $60,000?

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 11:40:19 AM

you should try with an exchange like bitstamp or kraken

I can vouch for kraken, never had any problems with them, weather it was about withdrawals or deposits.
keyxkey

Activity: 41

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 02:43:12 PM

0.1 btc is a great amount of coins to start but try to buy more in the next months, only few dollars everytime.
Lieji

Activity: 543

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 02:55:53 PM

Paying 20 pounds on top of the market price is unthinkable  Shocked I personally use Bitstamp and they're really good, my favorite of the lot. All you need to do is get verified by providing them with a copy of your passport and some documentation that confirms your address and you can then transfer money directly from your bank account to your Bitstamp account and buy at market price.

A second easier option that comes with fee (not nearly as big as yours though) is Virwox.com. That's where I started and I've used them many many times.
Just to give you an idea, the first time I bought from them, I deposited $50 using Paypal and got about $44 worth of BTC. But they are very secure and reliable.

20 pounds higher for 1 btc, translates as roughly 6-7% premium, which isn't really unthinkable.
Also, I think Virwox fee is much higher than that.

https://www.virwox.com/help.php#_Fees
There is a 50 SLL+2.90% fee for GBP/SLL market order and another 50 SLL+2.90% fee for BTC/SLL market order, on top of the deposit fee and bid-ask spread.

ObscureBean
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2014, 03:27:03 PM

20 pounds higher for 1 btc, translates as roughly 6-7% premium, which isn't really unthinkable.

There is a 50 SLL+2.90% fee for GBP/SLL market order and another 50 SLL+2.90% fee for BTC/SLL market order, on top of the deposit fee and bid-ask spread.

Well I've never read their terms/conditions or anything, I'm just saying from experience. I've bought BTC from them using both Paypal and Skrill at least 8 times. I've never deposited more than $65 in one go. Their fee (including Paypal's and Skrill's) has always been between $4-7.
Lieji

Activity: 543

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 03:33:55 PM

Well I've never read their terms/conditions or anything, I'm just saying from experience. I've bought BTC from them using both Paypal and Skrill at least 8 times. I've never deposited more than $65 in one go. Their fee (including Paypal's and Skrill's) has always been between $4-7.

If the fee is $7 for a $65 deposit (received $58 btc in the end), the fee % would be around 12%, which is much higher than Bittylicious. Smiley

Having said that, Virwox is a good exchange if you want to buy bitcoin with Paypal.

lite
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 03:34:14 PM

nice that you bought some btc buy some more price is low atm if you can
gelar24

Activity: 182
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 04:34:44 PM

hmm if there is to suggest mine in cex.io?

whether it be good? if yes i will try it Smiley
ObscureBean
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2014, 04:35:12 PM

Paying 20 pounds on top of the market price is unthinkable  Shocked I personally use Bitstamp and they're really good, my favorite of the lot. All you need to do is get verified by providing them with a copy of your passport and some documentation that confirms your address and you can then transfer money directly from your bank account to your Bitstamp account and buy at market price.

Enjoy your crypto adventure!!  Smiley

If the fee is $7 for a $65 deposit (received $58 btc in the end), the fee % would be around 12%, which is much higher than Bittylicious. Smiley

Having said that, Virwox is a good exchange if you want to buy bitcoin with Paypal.

Not necessarily. The more you trade on Virwox, the less fees you pay. I guess it's like a loyalty program. You get some surprisingly decent prices after a while.
The only thing is that if you remain inactive for too long, they reset your privileges and you have to work your way back up from the full fee.
They're my most trusted site for instant BTC. Once you become trusted (after a few purchases), you receive the BTC very fast indeed. With Bitstamp I have to wait for money transfer but it's definitely better for big amounts.
tspacepilot
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1078

I may write code in exchange for bitcoins.

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 04:58:27 PM

I still think that you may want to simply meet up with other buyers/sellers in person.  That way you can negotiate a direct price without any fees.  Obviously this may not work for "i need to sell in the next 20 minutes" but if you have a day or so you can probably work something out.
apepoof

Activity: 129
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 06:46:31 PM

The sub forum currency exchange here has a lot of reputable sellers. Rate a lot lot lot better than bittylicious. Localbitcoins is good too, although always take BTC out of web wallets..

JamesGuitar

Activity: 16

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 06:47:11 PM

Got to start somewhere!  Smiley
Kieran Bass

Activity: 17

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 09:03:32 PM

Good job! now invest everything into it  Shocked
richardramirez9

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 09:19:55 PM

I got my first 0.1, then lost it in the exchanges due dumb decission making and bad luck.  Cry
blumangroup

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

'Slow and steady wins the race'

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 11:27:31 PM

Congratz on your purchase! Now let's hope that the price of BTC finally decides to go up instead of down. Tongue

cloudthink.io   

Truly Profitable Investment Packages
Custom-Built ASIC Miners ● #1 Self-Sustainable Bitcoin Mining Service in the World ●
5 Guys Burgers

Activity: 37

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 02:40:53 PM

OK just bought my first BTC investment to test the waters!

Now I have a question I'm in the UK and I've bought from Bittylicious, tho it's very easy and fast to use it's quite a lot of money over price market paid a good £20 quid over . Now is that the usual fee or are there cheaper ways to trade my fiat for BTC in the UK I feel I'm paying a Premium for the service and I admit it's a good service so far.
Now another question is what is the easiest safest way to cash out back to fiat? Im planning on investing on 4 or 5 BTC then hodl for a few years or so but if in a emergency I need to cash out what's the easiest way ATM and will I have to pay a PREMIUM again?

Thank you for your help .

congrats on first purchase, live long and prosper!
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: