Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 04:59:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC in the genesis stages! Used for more than Silk Road!  (Read 1628 times)
Trance (OP)

Activity: 551
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 12:50:25 AM

Makes me think a website like the ones that sell the most gold in virtual games such as World Of Warcraft has something to do with the creation of BTCitcoin  Wink

I made a lot of money on World Of Warcraft, around $30,000 for an entire year, unfortunately the game only recorded the gold (in game currency) acquired through their in game Auction house, which taxes certain high percentages so I would sell outside of this system, somewhat like finding someone on eBay but having them go outside the 9% (I no longer do this because if it were my business I would not want someone using my services free, depending on the service) but after all if there internet was not made for free, where would we be today?

This photo shows roughly $15,000 in Gold which I traded for around 200 BTC ( did not trade all the WoW gold )

Best part of this story is the laptop with the BTC was stolen (WoW account with over $20,000 valued items was not stolen I had an authenticator) technically I lost only time invested, but I wonder where I would be now if I had that BTC and kept it until the $1200 bubble!

Anyone else have any interesting stories.

Some people are so poor ALL they have is money
cryptworld

Activity: 714
Merit: 503

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 12:56:03 AM

wow it is an interesting story with a sad ending
your mistake was not having a backup or multiple paper wallets with your bitcoins
Trance (OP)

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 12:58:36 AM

I was uneducated on the topic, but yes it's my fault for not learning quicker, shortly after I sold half the gold owned and made quite a bit off the BTC bubble, but no where near the six figs I could have potentially made, the money I made i sent to multiple exchanges which two of three scammed me via 'selective' scamming, where they scam roughly 10% because they know nobody has the power to do anything about it at such a low scam rate.

Skoupi

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

Skoupi the Great

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 01:02:23 AM

i sent to multiple exchanges which two of three scammed me via 'selective' scamming, where they scam roughly 10%

Wait what is this selective scamming? You make it sound like it is something natural in the bitcoin world.
Are those exchanges still in business?
Trance (OP)

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 01:12:19 AM

Basically its people who justify their wrong doings by saying well if they have money to dish blindly like this to foreign bank accounts they deserve to learn a lesson and get scammed. there's a huge number of companies that are doing this, Coinbase got me during the bubble and used my cleared funds to purchase the BTC and made off with the profits, later they would return my initial funds sent after the moment to make a return was over. this is nothing against Bitcoin, Bitcoins great but the anonymity and rogue trustworthiness is sometimes scary.

evoked22

Activity: 308

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 01:32:43 AM

I think you may have protected the wrong asset, or more correctly you valued the wrong asset more than the correct one.

I would still be happy i had the gold, better than loosing everything i guess Smiley

Chin up, keep moving forward. Cheers Cheesy

SnZN5o2ePUgtr9roQyavBC3r41vz7p63ne
cryptopaths

Activity: 616

Crypto Knight

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 01:38:12 AM

Ha similar story to yours but I personally dealt in runescape gold, but just like your story I fell into some misshaps Cry

How did you earn your wow gold? Did you have a lot of bots or what?
Trance (OP)

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 01:39:12 AM

I purchased items that were worth A LOT of money, ones as high as $1200 each, wowtcgloot.com items/ trade items and rare pets etc.

monopolized the entire thing.

cryptopaths

Activity: 616

Crypto Knight

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 01:51:33 AM

I purchased items that were worth A LOT of money, ones as high as $1200 each, wowtcgloot.com items/ trade items and rare pets etc.

monopolized the entire thing.

Are you still involved in the gold trade? I'm working on a project and looking for other experienced people in the field.
Trance (OP)

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 09:38:40 AM

Yes, not as heavily as before since the subscriptions to WoW went down by over 800,000 but I would love to help anyway possible.

Rampton

Activity: 525

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 09:57:05 AM

I don't see how this has to do with the creation of bitcoin. But how do you make so much money from selling wow gold? How do you even get it in the first place?

Trance (OP)

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 01:51:53 PM

I don't see how this has to do with the creation of bitcoin. But how do you make so much money from selling wow gold? How do you even get it in the first place?

It's the thought that WoW gold is a Bitcoin of its own kind prior to Bitcoins birth =P

Virtual currencies >> FTW!

Jesu

Activity: 166
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 02:08:34 PM

I think there's a big difference between virtual currencies and crypotocurrencies. I'm guessing virtual currencies are centralised and the game makers can just make as much as they want?
Ron~Popeil

Activity: 406

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 02:21:14 PM

I think there's a big difference between virtual currencies and crypotocurrencies. I'm guessing virtual currencies are centralised and the game makers can just make as much as they want?

Yes, but these virtual currencies kind of helped pave the way for crypto currencies. The gaming community has done a lot for cryptos.

Beliathon

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2014, 03:03:04 PM

One could make a fairly strong argument that Bitcoin is STILL in the genesis stages.

Consider that the Bitcoin Core client is 0.9.2 and not even 1.0 yet!

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
Mudd

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 03:10:07 PM

Bitcoin is far past its genesis stage. It's now a toddler learning how to walk.
Trance (OP)

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 03:54:11 PM

Bitcoin is far past its genesis stage. It's now a toddler learning how to walk.

It is definitely a genius baby, that's for sure!

Can't wait to see what the future holds with eBay somehow incorporating the payment of Bitcoin! We may have another bubble on our hands in the future, this time it can rise above $1500-$4500* !!

Trance (OP)

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 03:57:01 PM

Yes, but these virtual currencies kind of helped pave the way for crypto currencies. The gaming community has done a lot for cryptos.

You could not have said it any better!

Programmers and hackers have always tried to infiltrate the virtual currencies of many popular video games and the gaming community has always been one step ahead, for the most part! It makes me ponder who did this 'project' and why, and why Nvidia GPU's are not useful like AMD GPU's are useful for mining and so forth. I always thought Blizzard Entertainment (world of waracraft, diablo etc) was selling their virtual currencies and controlling the prices, but that's just a theory lol, just something to ponder on a rainy day.

jjc326

Activity: 700

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 04:18:40 PM

There is a lot of research into online virtual currencies (not cryptocurrencies like BTC).  Sometimes the economies in the game can act like a "real" economy and economists can use it to see how people will react to certain things like supply shortages, etc.  Add to that the fact that people sell virtual currencies for gaming for real fiat money too.
Trance (OP)

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 12:44:28 AM

Cool let me purchase $15/BTC for some WoW Gold, do you have a website or are you doing this in a rogue manner.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: