Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 12:22:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] The gmaxwell should not be a moderator project.  (Read 1183 times)
The Ferox (OP)

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 12:58:48 AM

I am sure, actually i am positive i am not the only one who has fallen victim to a moderator of this forum (gmaxwell) throwing his weight around with out regard or common sense to the function of a forum community. As a matter of fact after looking through his post history i see it happens quite often. So I myself, yes out of rage for such behavior ( i will not argue that i am pissed off about this being allowed to happen on a community website) am starting a campaign to have him removed as a moderator on this form.

If you yourself have been harassed by gmaxwell this is your place to post about it.

Let me start by sharing the following statement from him after jumping in on a thread in which he knew nothing about but wanted to jump to wild conclusions with then further wanted to leave notes on my trust rating calling me a thief when clearly after reading the post you will see was not the case (unless he deletes it with his "all mighty power")

[Edit: Incidentally, there is no point in crapping up the thread with "quoted for reference" posts, I can delete or edit every post here.]

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 01:08:30 AM

Yeah... you were kinda being a giant dick to someone respected inside and outside this community. He asked a simple and legitimate (though kind of OT and perhaps with an agenda) question, you reply with a whole lotta vitriol.
The Ferox (OP)

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 01:11:12 AM

Yeah... you were kinda being a giant dick to someone respected inside and outside this community. He asked a simple and legitimate (though kind of OT and perhaps with an agenda) question, you reply with a whole lotta vitriol.

Yeah, um.... no. he kind of replied implying that i was trying to steal something, then further decided to support his off base conclusion with trust rating comments.

Anyways, this isnt just about me, this is a place for everyone to voice their thoughts and soon sign the petition. i cant speak for everyone, but i know there are more out there like me just by looking at his recent posts and sent / received trust ratings. 
ForgottenPassword

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 01:12:29 AM

All I see is him asking a question and you replying like a dick. You could've just said "no I'm not cracking brainwallets" and that'd be it.

I would be OK with gmaxwell being an admin, heck he has commit access to bitcoin-core, you already trust him a lot if you use bitcoin. I doubt you'll find many people who don't want him to be a moderator other than Goat.

I have private messages disabled. Send me an email instead. My contact details can be found here.

Tip Address: 13Lwo1hK5smoBpFWxmqeKSL52EvN8U7asX
Fray

Activity: 209

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 06:11:01 AM

I don't understand why you would want to "quote" something for reference in the first place. I hope that you realize that you can insert the "quote" tag and plug in any author, topic, message and date that you want, as well as the fact that you can make the quote say anything that you type. Please see my example below.

I am quoting this for reference so I have enough quotes for reference
Poop

TL;DR gmaxwell is a respected person in this community (and outside this community) and is correct to say that you are a moron.
TerraHasher

Activity: 140

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 07:28:58 PM

I don't understand why you would want to "quote" something for reference in the first place. I hope that you realize that you can insert the "quote" tag and plug in any author, topic, message and date that you want, as well as the fact that you can make the quote say anything that you type. Please see my example below.

Poop

TL;DR gmaxwell is a respected person in this community (and outside this community) and is correct to say that you are a moron.

Lol @ Fray..... Nothing to do with the thread but the fact that 2 brief sentences is too long for you to read is comical.

back on topic, i can see both points of view, and dont think either person handled the situation appropriately. I agree that gmaxwell is a good help in the community, but also agree that he might have had a momentary laps of judgment, which happens to the best of us and i wont hold it against him.

IMHO i think that both threads, this one and the original one that started the argument should be deleted and we can all be done with it. I think both parties owe each other an apology and it needs to be done.

Donations: 1A8anGihV3pvHeuhqzGsAjt2S71WY2qea4
Fray

Activity: 209

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 10:16:08 PM

Poop

Lol @ Fray..... Nothing to do with the thread but the fact that 2 brief sentences is too long for you to read is comical.
I was trying to show how stupid the OPs argument is to have gmaxwell "demodded" as the OP's allegations are really not true nor could they be further from the truth.

The OP's dispute with gmaxwell started when gmaxwell pointed out that the OP was trying to harvest private keys to potential brainwallets. The OP denied this and was "offended" by this accusation and quoted gmaxwell saying "quoted for refrence" and gmaxwell replied saying that he is able to edit any post on the forum, but clarified that he stood by his statements. I was trying to use satire to explain just how effective quoting a post "for reference" is.

IMO the OP is just upset that he is not getting help with is attempt to harvest possible brain wallets so he can get something for nothing.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: