Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 04:18:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I am done with Bitcoin!  (Read 4978 times)
Hfleer (OP)

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

Changing avatars is currently not possible.

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 04:24:28 AM

my investment

This is one of the big problems I see. Lots of people think Bitcoin is some kind of "investment scheme", it's not. Would you "invest" your money by depositing it into PayPal? Bitcoin is a replacement for PayPal. Use it just like you would PayPal. If you need to accept or send a payment to/from someone over the internet, then use bitcoin. Buying bitcoins to speculate on the value is gambling, not investing.

ps. I'm not blind, I was just speaking generally as I continually hear people refer to their bitcoin "investment".

In this (bad) analogy, Bitcoin is akin to owning stock in PayPal pre-IPO.  So yes.  I would invest.

-B-

Yep, that is a good comparison. We own a share in the most efficient payment network in the world!

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dontbugme

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 04:42:21 AM
Last edit: August 17, 2014, 05:07:17 PM by dontbugme

It just goes down and down. I am out of 30% of my investment. This technology sucks.

You guys fucked me over big time, convinving me that this was real. It was a fad all along. Ponzi scheme at its best!

Sold all at 550-510 levels. I am out. Done. Bye.

(would a retard say)

I redact all my previous statements because of the small f#8*ing print.

Although, learn some better grammar. "would a retard say." What a retard would say.
Parsons

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 05:07:14 AM

my investment

This is one of the big problems I see. Lots of people think Bitcoin is some kind of "investment scheme", it's not. Would you "invest" your money by depositing it into PayPal? Bitcoin is a replacement for PayPal. Use it just like you would PayPal. If you need to accept or send a payment to/from someone over the internet, then use bitcoin. Buying bitcoins to speculate on the value is gambling, not investing.

ps. I'm not blind, I was just speaking generally as I continually hear people refer to their bitcoin "investment".

Bitcoin has speculative value. Also people hold loads of different currencies. PP is an awful example for everything you've tried to compare it to Bitcoin.
charliethegambler

Activity: 2

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 06:02:15 AM

I simply never plan on selling. I watch the price so I can continue to buy chunks at cheaper prices. I own a lot.

No one should be selling bitcoin right now. It's volatile, but at some point in the future (unknown when), these coins will be worth a lot more than they're worth today (I'm personally certain of this, which is why I don't freak out on 5-10% drops). Selling at a loss would be a huge mistake.

I advise the thread writer just to hold, it'll be fine. You'll look back at this post and realized you could've 2x'd or 3x'd your money.
acs267

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 06:05:18 AM

How could Bitcoin be a Ponzi scheme?
That's so idiotic you had me laughing there, buddy. Saying any currency is a Ponzi. Classical, man.
It just goes down and down. I am out of 30% of my investment. This technology sucks.

You guys fucked me over big time, convinving me that this was real. It was a fad all along. Ponzi scheme at its best!

(would a retard say)

I know what you are thinking.

LOL.
GangkisKhan

Activity: 141
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 06:43:18 AM

The price can only be sustained by continue infusion of money. If we use this definition strictly, then Bitcoin is a Ponzi scheme.
KeyserSozeMC

Activity: 742

I'm dying.

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2014, 06:45:34 AM

That's so idiotic you had me laughing there, buddy. Saying any currency is a Ponzi. Classical, man.

(would a retard say)

-img snip-

LOL.

Do you realize that he's trolling hard?

Hey, smexy. Don't waste your time. Time's precious.
dontbugme

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 06:49:22 AM

(would a retard say)

-img snip-

LOL.

I was stating what was going through OP's mind right now. OP thinks that Bitcoin is done for so they have joined the forces of the buttcoiners. OP thinks that if they hold it will just make them loss more.
inca
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 09:05:48 AM

(would a retard say)

-img snip-

LOL.

I was stating what was going through OP's mind right now. OP thinks that Bitcoin is done for so they have joined the forces of the buttcoiners. OP thinks that if they hold it will just make them loss more.

Read the OP post again.

Hint: read the small print. Lol.
Hfleer (OP)

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 09:11:30 AM

(would a retard say)

-img snip-

LOL.

Are you kididng me? WHY DON'T THE FK READ YOU WHAT I WRITE?

→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 09:31:21 AM

The price can only be sustained by continue infusion of money. If we use this definition strictly, then Bitcoin is a Ponzi scheme.

A ponzi would be something that has no way of success (something rigged from its start)
For many reasons bitcoin can not be considered a ponzi, its value is determined by basic supply and demand, just like any other item in the world.
Funny how OP's trolling lured some trolls tho
Bogleg

Activity: 185

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 11:11:18 AM

(would a retard say)

The price is going back up again. Are you coming back?
Hunyadi
Legendary

Activity: 1281

☑ ♟ ☐ ♚

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 11:26:48 AM

I simply never plan on selling. I watch the price so I can continue to buy chunks at cheaper prices. I own a lot.

No one should be selling bitcoin right now. It's volatile, but at some point in the future (unknown when), these coins will be worth a lot more than they're worth today (I'm personally certain of this, which is why I don't freak out on 5-10% drops). Selling at a loss would be a huge mistake.

I advise the thread writer just to hold, it'll be fine. You'll look back at this post and realized you could've 2x'd or 3x'd your money.

Did you read the op? This is turning to pure comedy  Grin

▂▃▅▇█▓▒░B**-Cultist░▒▓█▇▅▃▂
Hfleer (OP)

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 11:49:32 AM

(would a retard say)

The price is going back up again. Are you coming back?

Read the opening post please...

→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
acs267

Activity: 644

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 06:04:03 PM

(would a retard say)

-img snip-

LOL.

That's why I put 'Classical, man', because there's people out there that actually think that way. Just do a Google search, and one of those 'Bitcoin Ponzi' articles will pop up. One of them even say that the USD is a digital currency.
dontbugme

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 08:25:09 PM

(would a retard say)

-img snip-

LOL.

That's why I put 'Classical, man', because there's people out there that actually think that way. Just do a Google search, and one of those 'Bitcoin Ponzi' articles will pop up. One of them even say that the USD is a digital currency.

I'm sorry if I caused any confusion. I did not see the small 6pt font which has some grammar issues. All that aside, I am not one of those who is against Bitcoin. I buy, sell, trade, use and hold it in cold storage. The image was suppose to be a representation of OP, until I saw that there was some tiny text.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 08:35:22 PM

This place is such a cult like atmosphere, mocking people who want to get out after losing a substantial amount on their initial investment. cognitive dissonance at its finest. I'm worried what it will be like when price drops into the $300s... just don't drink the kool-aid, please.
He is being mocked for calling bitcoin an "investment". I have never invested in bitcoin. I use bitcoin and have never lost a penny. A real investment provides growth to it's investors by design. Bitcoin is nothing like that, was not designed to be that, does not function to provide growth.
If he had started by reading the white paper he could have saved himself a lot of money. Instead he takes no personal responsibility for his ignorant actions and says "You guys fucked me over". Give me a break.  Roll Eyes

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
Bogleg

Activity: 185

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 08:17:11 AM

This place is such a cult like atmosphere, mocking people who want to get out after losing a substantial amount on their initial investment. cognitive dissonance at its finest. I'm worried what it will be like when price drops into the $300s... just don't drink the kool-aid, please.
He is being mocked for calling bitcoin an "investment". I have never invested in bitcoin. I use bitcoin and have never lost a penny. A real investment provides growth to it's investors by design. Bitcoin is nothing like that, was not designed to be that, does not function to provide growth.
If he had started by reading the white paper he could have saved himself a lot of money. Instead he takes no personal responsibility for his ignorant actions and says "You guys fucked me over". Give me a break.  Roll Eyes

The current mood for bitcoin community is trying to get rich holding bitcoin. Can't really blame someone trying to become wealthy.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: