Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 08:37:30 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Should i cash out or not?  (Read 3757 times)
cashoutornot (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 01:39:57 AM

My bitcoin has dropped by 170$ within the past 1.5 weeks, from the recent days the price of bitcoin has not looked good at all. I'm now very worried and skeptical as to whether i should cash out or wait for it to hit at least 600 before cashing out.
IMO i think bitcoin is going to pummel right down and anyone thinking it will hit 1000$ is completely out of their mind, i laughed pretty hard at the speculation of btc hitting 10,000$  within the end of this year.
My bet is that by the end of 2014 it will be down to 50-70$ which will suck big time.
Tell me if you think it will go up or down and when and why.
damiano
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

103 days, 21 hours and 10 minutes.

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 01:40:50 AM

I think you should jump off the roof.
Miz4r
Legendary

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 01:45:15 AM

You should cash out if you're that worried about it. Follow in the footsteps of Veronica.

Bitcoin = Gold on steroids
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 01:46:42 AM

You should cash out if you're that worried about it. Follow in the footsteps of Veronica.

In other words don't go full Veronica or you will just feel it later
Unless you want to sell now and bet for $420 a bitcoin before the next rally
Other wise HODL
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NG1qooBzE2w

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
cashoutornot (OP)

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 01:47:48 AM

I think you should just slit your throat to shut the fuck up permanently you retarded broke shit https://blockchain.info/address/16ukNx6E8HX18faFRhV6YB8NpoEhX6rAFT.
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 01:50:36 AM

If this community could accurately predict short-term price, we'd already be there. You're wasting your time asking.

You'd do better to flip a coin and at least have a unanimous decision on whether or not you should sell.
dhenson
Legendary

Activity: 994

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 01:50:46 AM

I think you should just slit your throat to shut the fuck up permanently you retarded broke shit.

I think you may have skipped a couple steps...

vuduchyld

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 01:51:36 AM

If you think it is going down, you should sell. If you think you can wait and see $600, you should wait. If you think you can wait for an even higher price, and your trading horizon allows for it, maybe you can still make the trade profitable.

In other news, this post is a great signal that the bottom is within sight.
Benjig

Activity: 462

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 01:53:43 AM

My bitcoin has dropped by 170$ within the past 1.5 weeks, from the recent days the price of bitcoin has not looked good at all. I'm now very worried and skeptical as to whether i should cash out or wait for it to hit at least 600 before cashing out.
IMO i think bitcoin is going to pummel right down and anyone thinking it will hit 1000$ is completely out of their mind, i laughed pretty hard at the speculation of btc hitting 10,000$  within the end of this year.
My bet is that by the end of 2014 it will be down to 50-70$ which will suck big time.

what do you mean by 170$ ?? did you buy at 670 or what? or you own several coins and the net loss is 170$? well anyway thats not too much, if you expect a straight and steady line up in the bitcoin charts you are very wrong, sell now!
montreal

Activity: 328
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 01:53:56 AM

"should i cash out or not?"
"My bet is that by the end of 2014 it will be down to 50-70$"

if you honestly feel that negatively about the price of bitcoin, then you already answered your own question

DAEX ◄► RELIABLE CLEARING ECOSYSTEM ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ANNWHITEPAPERBOUNTY 
maker88

Activity: 336

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 02:10:30 AM

ill take that bet. hows 1 btc sound?
JimboToronto
Legendary

Activity: 4032
Merit: 4569

You're never too old to think young.

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 02:11:07 AM

Up.

When? Soon, probably within the next few years.

Why? It represents a major disruptive technological breakthrough and a new value transfer paradigm that is faster, more secure and cheaper than existing systems.
______

I hope that answers your questions. Since you've whetted my curiosity, I have a few for you.

Have you even read Satoshi Nakamoto's white paper?

Do you understand (even slightly) proof-of-work, avoidance of trusted third parties, or SHA-256 hashing?

Do you even consider the technological significance of Bitcoin or do you view it as merely some silly little "investment"/speculation commodity like shares of companies, tulip bulbs, or condominiums?

Do you always start threads in forums about subjects of which you seem to know nothing?
damiano
Legendary

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 02:12:03 AM

I think you should just slit your throat to shut the fuck up permanently you retarded broke shit https://blockchain.info/address/16ukNx6E8HX18faFRhV6YB8NpoEhX6rAFT.
[/quote]

far from broke you ignorant little kid.

what you have here is my online wallet that i use for other stuff

if you have to ask wether or not to cash out when i dont think you should be investing.
fallinglantern

Activity: 260
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 02:18:06 AM

cashoutornot (OP)

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 02:19:55 AM

if you have to ask wether or not to cash out when i dont think you should be investing.

lol says the guy with 800$ in his wallet placing his btc address begging for donations, you must be so rich!. lmfao.
I laughed pretty hard at the 50-20$ transactions with ur l33t wallet, u must be a millionaire, you clown.
Who tells you i'm investing? I'm not lol, i didn't buy these coins, it was in return for a service.
zhinkk

Activity: 266

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 02:21:10 AM

Nice username. Anyways, if you're constantly going to be worrying and you aren't comfortable with these fluctuating prices, maybe you should cash out. You can't invest in bitcoin with that mindset.
damiano
Legendary

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 02:25:40 AM

lol says the guy with 800$ in his wallet placing his btc address begging for donations, you must be so rich!. lmfao.
Who tells you i'm investing? I'm not lol, i didn't buy these coins, it was in return for a service.

sig campains...

JimboToronto
Legendary

Activity: 4032
Merit: 4569

You're never too old to think young.

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 02:39:46 AM

lol says the guy with 800$ in his wallet placing his btc address begging for donations, you must be so rich!

You probably should stop posting ridiculous crap before you embarrass yourself even further.

Do you really think he only has one wallet? Being a clueless noob, you might not be aware that most people have many wallets, both active online and cold paper wallets.

The fact that he can afford to keep over a coin in his donation wallet (akin to a busker putting a $10 bill in his own guitar case or a beggar putting a $5 bill in his own tin cup to start things rolling) speaks well for his solvency.
Skoupi

Activity: 252

Skoupi the Great

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 02:46:19 AM

You seem very sure that bitcoin will plummet. So the question is what are you still doing here?  Shocked
MatTheCat

Activity: 840

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 02:57:27 AM
Last edit: August 15, 2014, 03:22:36 AM by MatTheCat

Well said!

Fuck knows what you should do tbh. Markets are bitches and will always taunt you no matter what you decide. What you might want to take into account is not so much the potential 'woulda should couldas' that may or may not transpire, but your likely psychological states going forward.

Me, I have come out at $535. These latest Bitcoins, I paid $620 for. Generally speaking though, coming out after such a price slide would be a fkn terrible idea. However, I have lost thousands on Bitcoin since 2014. I am sick of it. I thought the market was going to go up, but it went down heavily. I am at my wits end and am utterly sick of Bitcoin and haemorrhaging masses of cash as a result of it, so even though I know I have likely chose a very bad time to exit my position, I am beyond caring. I just wanted to end my investment interest in Bitcoin in order that I can give my mind a rest from it.

I thought that it was likely to break out from ~$600 range, but it didn't, and recent events are making the charts look fucking horrible and there is every chance that $340 was not the low and I will get to come back on this forum and say that I was 'right' all along when I stated that I seen Bitcoin hitting the $200 range before the bear market is over. Of course, there is also the chance that some X-Factor will come into play and ignite a rocket under Bitcoin's arse. I always said that Bitcoiners will really hit the jackpot when/if Bitcoin starts being used as a means of capital flight and/or as a means of emergency circumnavigating fiscal controls and there is certainly a lot of instability in the world at the moment which is increasing all the time. So perhaps in 6 months time, your Bitcoin will be worth $2000! Or perhaps it will be worth just $200. But for me, I have been battered, bruised, and bloodied up enough by Bitcoin, I will take my remaining fiat at it's current value and tap myself out the game and you can be sure, that there will be fair few feeling just like, and indeed feeling 100 times worse than me (thinking specifically of that massive long squeeze on Bitfinex). That is what happens in a bear market, where liquidity is typically leaving the market, there is less and less to go around which results in more and more people getting battered and bruised enough to compel them to withdraw their liquidity from the market, was rinse repeat until the market has bottomed out.....truly bottomed out that is.

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: